• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Confirmation: Vergil Is Definitely The Spirit In Nero's Arm

Evil Nero

Well looks like you have me there. The connection between Vergil and Nero is too obvious to ignore. So let's move onto the next question:

Why was Nero targeted? What was the intention? And who changed his arm?

Railazel

Yes.

Main problem is we dont know how cognizant vergil is.
He's actually quite cognizant to begin with, Nero's quote of him ("Power... Give me more power!") sounds more like a command rather than Vergil stating his need for power (i.e. "I need more power"). If it turns out that Vergil is using Nero as a way to gain power for himself, then that'll explain why the Devil Bringer is able to absorb demonic objects and artifacts.

EDIT: So we have two conflicting theories here: Its either Vergil soul was or was not in Nero's arm to being with. I'm just going to go by canon and say that Vergil was, but how did it happen is the question....

Ah ha! I got it! Its going to take for his arm to evolve into the Devil Bringer, right? Well, what if the demon attack happened a year before the game? That would be around the same time that Vergil was defeated by Dante! So after being defeated by Dante, Vergil's soul dispersed and found itself inside Nero's arm! Its perfect!

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
I feel the need to point out again, that these ages are taken from interviews. Not to belittle them, but in an interview you just answer a question to make your point. What the game developer at the time meant was that DMC3 Dante is basically a teenager, but old enough, thus 18-19. That DMC1 wasn't far in the future since Dante wears the DMC1 outfit at the end of DMC3. And since they wanted Dante to be "old" in DMC4, they said "about ten years after DMC1" making him way older then their new teenager, Nero.

All I'm saying is that until some definite ages are released in some booklet or an official site, we can't use them as definite proof to make our point concerning Nero's origins and how old was Vergil if he actually was the father etc..

Hopefully DMC HD will have something like that but I kinda doubt it..

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Well, he could be both a clone of vergil and his son.
Similar to Solid Snake was clone and son to Naked Snake/Big Boss.

Evil Nero

A clone?

Doesn't sound like DMC style to me. Already been determined that he's part of the Sparda bloodline so it's implied he was born legitimately yet it's not confirmed either. It'll be how he's related to Dante and Vergil that'll blow our minds to pieces, if he even is closely related to them.

Theories are fun.

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
There is more proof that Vergil is in Neros arm.
During the cutscene where Nero resurrects Yamato, Nero says to Agnus...
"From that day on, my arm changed. A voice echoes in me...Power! I need...more...power!
If I become a demon, then so be it. I will endure the exile..."
Vergil always had an obsession with power. This cutscene tells the tale on how Nero got his arm, from Vergil!

i think that nhero accually say power give me more power
and if i become a demon the so be it i will endure the exile anything for her. then swings yamato :)

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Has anyone ever asked Johnny Young B. at a Comic con, or Morphin Con, or whatever other Con's their are if he knows whether or not Nero is Vergil's son? Surely the voice actor should know what his Character's background is.

Top Bottom