• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Complete and utter....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I am a big Vergil fan, but i cannot honestly see how he could be ressurected for DMC5.

Although, if you have played any Castlevania games, you'll know what i amm blabbering about!

If anyone here has ever played and completed Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin, you'll know that there is a ghost by the name of Wind. In the Sega Mega Drive Castlevania he is called Eric Lecarde.
Wind died and is trapped in Dracula's Castle.
(Yeah, trapped wind haha...)

And for any of you that know about Dante's inferno (the book) and Purgatory, you will know that the Roman Poet Virgil guided Dante through hell.

Why not bring Vergil back as a ghost to help Dante and guide him through parts of DMC5? As for Yamato, Nero absorbed it into the devil bringer. But i agree with most of you that Vergil would only want to reign in the Underworld.

Oh and DMC2, Dante's game finished with him being in the Underworld...

I won't get my hopes up.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Nice dude, very good comparison with the divine comedy.
It makes a lot of sense too...

I just wanted to see vergil in dmc5 cause I wanted him to teach dante a lesson and make him follow the 'right path'. I mean, if there is someone dante would hear is his brother, it doesnt matter IF there is still hatred between each other, they are brothers and nothing is gonna change that.

Dante is getting to ****y, hiding his emotions and IMO he has no motivation to get stronger, vergil's spirit could not only help him escape from hell but also could make him realise how anoying he is becoming.

Tramendium

Crimson Devil;182016 said:
Nice dude, very good comparison with the divine comedy.
It makes a lot of sense too...

I just wanted to see vergil in dmc5 cause I wanted him to teach dante a lesson and make him follow the 'right path'. I mean, if there is someone dante would hear is his brother, it doesnt matter IF there is still hatred between each other, they are brothers and nothing is gonna change that.

Dante is getting to ****y, hiding his emotions and IMO he has no motivation to get stronger, vergil's spirit could not only help him escape from hell but also could make him realise how anoying he is becoming.

In other words i think you are trying to say that Vergil would kick Dante's ass one more time and therefore make him stronger. *just like good old DMC3*

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Thank you, that is exactly what i am getting at.
DMC2, Dante didn't 'feel' like the character that he seemed in the other DMC games.

Tramendium

Vergil'sB*tch;182059 said:
Thank you, that is exactly what i am getting at.
DMC2, Dante didn't 'feel' like the character that he seemed in the other DMC games.

I think that if Vergil was there then dmc2 would been more better than it is now.

Crimson Devil

Swordsmaster
Yes DMC2 was too quiet. Althought I loved some things he said to some bosses like "Don't speak, just die." or "King? Yeah, here's your crown *Shoot*"

Railazel

Truthfully, I don't see the point in bringing him back in. I mean, what role does he have? If he didn't appear in DMC 2 or 4, that just means that he is done and over with. If you think about it, then there's really no point in bringing him back in.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I can see what Railazel is saying.
It's just DMC fan-boys/girls wishful thinking.
Although i am a Vergil fan, i would rather not see him brought back for DMC5.

Tramendium

Vergil'sB*tch;182483 said:
I can see what Railazel is saying.
It's just DMC fan-boys/girls wishful thinking.
Although i am a Vergil fan, i would rather not see him brought back for DMC5.

If i know better i remember that in some rumor for dmc5 capcom or whoever posted that rumor says it will involve Vergil in some sort of ghost/spirit or whatnot.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Vergil'sB*tch;181984 said:
. But i agree with most of you that Vergil would only want to reign in the Underworld.

And in order to do that he will have to get Dante out of the picture and take his Sparda sword, pretty much do what Dante has done already. In other words DMC5 would just be a clone of DMC3 (and DMC1 if you like)

We have been there and done that. I loved Vergil as much as the next fan but I prefer to remember him as an epic character who was in the series for a short time and kicked some serious butt during him time in front of us.
I feel in that way Vergil will remain this awesome figure with lots of fans. As soon as Capcom start spamming him in every chapter people will get bored with his constant pointless appearances and his awesomeness will start to wilt. And who wants that?

Lets leave Vergil where he belongs, with a purpose. I for one hope the series has moved on.

Tramendium

darth_angelo45;182662 said:
And in order to do that he will have to get Dante out of the picture and take his Sparda sword, pretty much do what Dante has done already. In other words DMC5 would just be a clone of DMC3 (and DMC1 if you like)

We have been there and done that. I loved Vergil as much as the next fan but I prefer to remember him as an epic character who was in the series for a short time and kicked some serious butt during him time in front of us.
I feel in that way Vergil will remain this awesome figure with lots of fans. As soon as Capcom start spamming him in every chapter people will get bored with his constant pointless appearances and his awesomeness will start to wilt. And who wants that?

Lets leave Vergil where he belongs, with a purpose. I for one hope the series has moved on.

If that is the case dmc5 would need something brand new not seen in all previous dmc games in order to work without vergil. I disagree that Nero is inheriting Dante and hell no if he is going to inherit Vergil. Don't get me wrong but Nero's ****y nature and personality simply doesn't deserve to wield Yamato sword.

Railazel

Its already been decided by Capcom that he's the inheritor of Sparda's power, whether we like it or not. Besides, if you wanted something new then your wish has already been fulfilled. They pulled out two more characters that somewhat helped the story progress, even though I find them both unnecessary. What could replace Vergil anyhow? He already left a big enough testament that there is still no way he could be replaced by some mere character or even be brought back.

Tramendium

Railazel;182678 said:
Its already been decided by Capcom that he's the inheritor of Sparda's power, whether we like it or not. Besides, if you wanted something new then your wish has already been fulfilled. They pulled out two more characters that somewhat helped the story progress, even though I find them both unnecessary. What could replace Vergil anyhow? He already left a big enough testament that there is still no way he could be replaced by some mere character or even be brought back.

I didn't meant Sparda's power i meant Vergil's cause Nero didn't wield sparda sword in combat but Vergil's Yamato, and second i didn't meant by new Trish and Lady.

Railazel

Still, we can't fight against it, Dante entrusted Yamato to Nero. If he believes that Nero deserves, then so do I!

I'm not talking about Trish and Lady though, I was talking Lucia and Nero.

Tramendium

Railazel;182757 said:
Still, we can't fight against it, Dante entrusted Yamato to Nero. If he believes that Nero deserves, then so do I!

I'm not talking about Trish and Lady though, I was talking Lucia and Nero.

Those two neither.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I never saw the point to Lucia (let alona a second disc).

I did read another thread about bringing back Vergil as a ghost, thats what made me think of the Divine Comedy.

Tramendium

Vergil'sB*tch;182774 said:
I never saw the point to Lucia (let alona a second disc).

I did read another thread about bringing back Vergil as a ghost, thats what made me think of the Divine Comedy.

It is a probably twisted imagination of Divine Comedy but even Divine Comedy have its own game and i think i shouldn't introduce you to it cause most of you know what i am talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom