• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Complaints About New Vergil

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I'll always like the change in tone that Vergil's actions in the game took after finding out how he really feels. It was a very nice way to present what seems like a totally random change in personality for the sake of a boss fight.

To think it was out of no where is to not remember all that he had previously done. It was never for the "greater good", it was for himself.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Given a chance.he could end up being what the original sought for, a powerhouse.

He has the potential to be a badass villian, and now with vd he has gained a lot of power so dante could be in trouble.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
I might be the only one, but I didn't like Vergil's heel turn. Not that it just popped up at the last minute, but I just wanted him to be the good guy. :blush: But, I'm okay with it....not to found of his new hair, but t's whatevs. :rolleyes: I really like Vergil in this one and can't wait to see what they'll do with him and his and is UNLIMITED POWER!

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
... Trust me, you're not the only one.

There was an entire flame thread on this about a year or so back when the ending was leaked.

I'm glad you like new Vergil though. Can never have too many Vergita fans, after all.

reckless_serenade

ya
i though it would have be cooler if dante was the evil one this time
and vergil was the good one

Oh man. I would NOT have seen that coming. There should have been little hints throughout that Dante only cares about himself, and then he seizes his opportunity for domination after he defeats Mundus. And then Vergil tries to save Kat and you have to fight Vergil and you're like "NO DANTE STOP THIS ISN'T WHAT I'M ABOUT BUT I NEED TO FINISH THE GAME."

ToriJ

O.O

Hey look everyone! There's a girl in here!​

O.O

Hi, my name is...

-barfs-​

Ew! Barf is gross! *runs through a field of dismembered bodies*

I might be the only one, but I didn't like Vergil's heel turn. Not that it just popped up at the last minute, but I just wanted him to be the good guy. :blush: But, I'm okay with it....not to found of his new hair, but t's whatevs. :rolleyes: I really like Vergil in this one and can't wait to see what they'll do with him and his and is UNLIMITED POWER!

Yeah, I actually wouldn't have minded Vergil staying as a good guy. The brothers teamwork with Kat is one of the things I really liked about the game.

ya
i though it would have be cooler if dante was the evil one this time
and vergil was the good one
Oh man. I would NOT have seen that coming. There should have been little hints throughout that Dante only cares about himself, and then he seizes his opportunity for domination after he defeats Mundus. And then Vergil tries to save Kat and you have to fight Vergil and you're like "NO DANTE STOP THIS ISN'T WHAT I'M ABOUT BUT I NEED TO FINISH THE GAME."

Then you get to play as Vergil in the next game and fight Evil Dante.
Shut up and take my money!

The Final Offer

Ew! Barf is gross! *runs through a field of dismembered bodies*

Yeah, I actually wouldn't have minded Vergil staying as a good guy. The brothers teamwork with Kat is one of the things I really liked about the game.

Then you get to play as Vergil in the next game and fight Evil Dante.

You will grow to love my barfs.

Ruisu

Of course you don't remember me.
I just don't get the point of trying to defend DmC Vergil by going "ah, but Old Vergil was blah blah blah".
It's not like you'll change someone's (quite solid by this point in time) opinion about a character from a game they played so much time ago, in contrast with DmC that came out about a year ago. Might as well focus on how the new Vergil is a cool character, instead of trying to prove old Vergil "wasn't that great also" or something.

In topic, I don't think Vergil's "turn" was a last minute thing(?). Besides the more obvious "but then who'll take mundus place" line from Phineas, if you pay attention to a bit in that mission in The Order where you follow Kat, Vergil kind of has a ****ing throne in his room.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Agree with this. People need to learn that Vergil's apparent change of heart wasn't nearly as 'sudden' as they thought it was.

Last edited:

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
It was subtly, but I hope that it wasn't going to happen. And than... he turns into the bad guy at the end of the game with an inferiority complex. >.> it's my fault for wanting a team up of Dante and Vergil in the second game. If that happen?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
One real complaint I have about Vergil is that his arguments for ruling the human race at the end kind of seem justified.
I get what they were going for, but Vergil was more or less saying "Hey, they need some kind of leader."
It felt like he was preaching non-anarchy rather than preaching tyrannical rule.
Especially considering the new stakes mankind has now that the demons no longer need to hide.
However, Vergil's downfall very well makes up for this lack of evil by doing something I've wanted to see since I played DMC3
Showing Vergil's transformation from 'misguided' into a heartless power hungry bastard.
Though that actually brings me to a very minor complaint.
Vergil felt like the 'edgy' protagonist the game was trying to have. With characters like Batman and Rorschach, a key trait is their strong sense of justice, and their 'Do what I have to' mentalities. In game, Vergil had that mentality to a further extent than Dante, especially in a lot of the scenes meant to foreshadow him being a bad guy.
It was subtly, but I hope that it wasn't going to happen. And than... he turns into the bad guy at the end of the game with an inferiority complex. >.> it's my fault for wanting a team up of Dante and Vergil in the second game. If that happen?

Happened in the third game, and he was a bad guy from square one there, so it's way more possible than you think.

Last edited:

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
One real complaint I have about Vergil is that his arguments for ruling the human race at the end kind of seem justified.
I get what they were going for, but Vergil was more or less saying "Hey, they need some kind of leader."
It felt like he was preaching non-anarchy rather than preaching tyrannical rule.
Especially considering the new stakes mankind has now that the demons no longer need to hide.
However, Vergil's downfall very well makes up for this lack of evil by doing something I've wanted to see since I played DMC3
Showing Vergil's transformation from 'misguided' into a heartless power hungry bastard.
Though that actually brings me to a very minor complaint.
Vergil felt like the 'edgy' protagonist the game was trying to have. With characters like Batman and Rorschach, a key trait is their strong sense of justice, and their 'Do what I have to' mentalities. In game, Vergil had that mentality to a further extent than Dante, especially in a lot of the scenes meant to foreshadow him being a bad guy.

that was a problem i had with the end too
i was thinking "he's not wrong"

ya maybe ruling the humans isn't the best option
but instead of trying to talk Vergil out of it or explain why its wrong or just incapacitate him
they just goes straight for a fight to the death

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
I think his words were ''humans are weak'' and that they need protection. He seems to think humans have no right to anything, and that they need a leader to basically tell them what to do and how to do it. If he really finds humans weak, and thinks they don't have the right to try to govern themselves (by for example presidency), then I think you can bet on him slowly becoming a dictator.

Top Bottom