• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Compare

Status
Not open for further replies.

Virgil

I heard that this game wasn't as good as the others. and because we are all fans of the series i want some of your imput. so is it as good as dmc 1 or 3?

Noxotic

Heres my take on things.
DMC2<DMC1<DMC3<DMC3SE
Left worst, right best.
I just don't like the fact that Dante hardly talks, becomes super uber powerful that can even kill a boss in the ultimate move while in uber form. It just makes the game too easy and I like a challenge.

maverick7

i say that DMC2 is the worse DMC game out of the series. it has the kick ass gameplay and all, but it lacks the storyline. now DMC3: SE, that's another different story. it combines both DMC1 and DMC2.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Devil May Cry 2 is a decent game on it's own merits, but it pales in comparison to any of the other Devil May Cry games in the series.

I will say that it is ridiculassly short though, and rather simple.

Steve

Fearfully and wonderfully made
Admin
Virgil said:
well dmc 3 se was pretty short imo but is dmc 2 worth buying? how short is it?
I would say you could complete both Devil May Cry 2 discs (Dante's and Lucia's discs) in just a few short hours, even when playing through for the first time.

GenocideHero

I bought it.

It's horrible, I hate it.

Dante doesn't talk like in DMC 3, he's more gothic and the DT is ugly/cool.

Worst: DMC 2 < DMC 1< DMC 3< DMC 3:SE:Best

It's worth buying to keep up with the story line.

afro trigger

The Dark Hunter
Yeah, I'd say buy it if you can get it really cheap. I got it for less than £5 inc shipping off eBay.
If you have played DMC 1 and 3 then DMC2 will make you laugh. Alot.

Wallace

I'd say it gets a great deal of un-fair crap. Yes, the artistic values are not as consistent as the first, and yes, Dante really is out of his element here, but the game play is top notch, as is the Music. So you could say it's the worst game of a great series.

Virgil

GenocideHero said:
I bought it.

It's horrible, I hate it.

Dante doesn't talk like in DMC 3, he's more gothic and the DT is ugly/cool.

Worst: DMC 2 < DMC 1< DMC 3< DMC 3:SE:Best

It's worth buying to keep up with the story line.

yeah the ugly/cool thing makes sense. anyways i'll probably end up buying it and the whole series has a gothic theme its a gothic genre of game lol. besides whats wrong with being a goth lmao

Krono Lucifer

I prefer the more gothic style to Dante but i dont like his problem of only being able to speak a line per scene.

the game play is awesome, the story is crap, half the time you dont know what your doing or why!

RavenDarkAngelX

Dark Slayer
DMC2 was far too easy and the voice acting was gay. That thing that really got me was that I beated DMD mode (for the sake of beating it) and I didn't get Super Dante, I got the DMC Dante

Vergil_Sparda

dattebayo!
I like dmc2 but it's my least fav.game of the series. It's like everyone else said, it's a good game to play but the storyline kind of sucks.

slayer

Dark Slayer
it is good but it pales in compared to the others but on lucias disk on LMD that fish boss is the hardest you just can not log on no matter what

DMC1 is the best.

DMC3 and DMC3:SE are next in line.

DMC2 is the definately the black sheep of the series. If focus almost entirely on combat and combo systems and gives you a half-assed ambiguous storyline with forgettable characters. If you want to simply imporove you skills this game is good for that. I've lagged the game extremely bad before doing combos on the goat demons and the "monkey" demons. The bosses and enemies also really suck, because they repetative and have easy to spot patterns.

P.s. The BEST thing about DMC2 is Dante's SuperMorph!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom