• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Community Game- Choose Our Own Adventure

Meg

Okay so I promised I would think up a fun game we can all play as a community, and this is what I have! I call it Choose OUR Own Adventure. Why? Because anyone at any point can choose what happens next. Here’s how it works:

Our protagonist is Steve. He’s a young man simply trying to get to the grocery store for some snacks, but ends up on a wild adventure. Or does he? You choose! For each post, I will write a little blurb about what Steve is doing, and end the post with a question regarding what he should do next. Whoever answers first gets to decide what happens! For the most part, I will present options that make some degree of sense, which the occasional curveball thrown in there to mix things up.

The point of the game is to have fun crafty a goofy story for our hero Steve. Anyone can join in anytime to either help the story along or derail it horribly. If people really get into it, we can make certain, key decisions by vote.

Let me know if this sounds good, and if you have any questions. I am going to wait a bit before starting so people have a chance to see this thread.

One final note, I live in the EST time zone and have a full time job, so if I am taking a while to write the next part of Steve’s journey, don’t worry! I may just be sleeping or working.

Meg

Should have probably mention that the “Steve” in this story has no relation to Steve, the guy who made this website. I chose the name because of one of my friends. Oh well. :LOL:

Steve did not want to get up. After a long week of work, all he wanted was to spend the day playing video games, but he did not have any snacks. Gaming without snacks would not do, so Steve reluctantly decided to go to store. He held down the button for his recliner to rise and felt his back crack as he moved into a standard sitting position.

Then our hero stood up, grabbed his keys, and headed out the door. As the store was only a couple blocks away and it was a nice day, he decided to walk.

That was his first mistake.

For it wasn’t long before he heard his neighbor’s kid calling to him. He glanced over and saw the 10-year-old waving his arms as he said Steve’s name over and over. It looked like the kid needed help.

Steve reeeeally didn’t want to deal with whatever nonsense the kid had come up with, but if he ignored him, the kid might start crying. That would almost certainly attract his mother and turn it into a whole thing.

He could always just pretend he never heard the kid.

What should Steve do?
A) Ignore Ryan and continue the main quest
B) Go see what the kid wants

Meg

Against his better judgement, Steve went over to see what young Ryan wanted. He immediately regretted his decision, as the boy had a mischievous grin on his face.

“What is it?” Steve asked.

“Oooh nothing.” Ryan snickered.

“All right then.” Steve turned to leave.

“Oh! Wait wait; I remembered!”

And there it was.

“What do you want, kid?” Steve asked.

“I need help.” Ryan waited.

“With what?” Steve sighed.

“You see, I was playing with my BB gun and might have fired a shot at Mr. Henderson’s house. Annnnd it might have broken a window.”

“Great.”

“He’s gonna be home any minute. If he finds out, I’ll be dead. Can you take this gun and hide it?”

“No. Hide it yourself.”

“I can’t! Mom will find it and kill me. Please Mr. Steve. Pleeease.”

“No. Good luck, kid.”

Ryan started to sniffle.

“Oh come on. Don’t cry. Dang it, kid!”

Steve started to panic. Last thing he needed was the boy’s mother to come outside. If she thought Steve had made her son cry, he’d never hear the end of it.

“Why don’t you tell your mom what happened?” Steve offered, but Ryan shook his head and began to full on cry.

“Oh! It’s Mr. Henderson. Take this!”

“What?” Steve looked behind him to see Henderson’s car coming down the street. Next thing he knew, the BB gun was in his arms and Ryan was fleeing the scene as fast as he could.

What should Steve do?
A) Drop the gun and escape
B) Wait
C) Go after Ryan

Meg

Steve dropped the BB gun and ran back across the street. He continued down to the store as if nothing happened. Henderson gave him a glance but didn’t think much of it.

Steve was finally free to go buy some dang snacks. He arrived at the store an booked it to the potato chip aisle. He didn’t want anymore delays. Video games were calling him. He grabbed the family size bag of delicious, greasy chips and headed to the checkout line.

Chips paid for, he was about to leave when he heard a crash coming from the back of the store followed by a woman screaming.

On the one hand, he knew he was bot equipped to deal with whatever just happened. On the other hand, could he really live with himself if he ran away?

What should Steve do?
A) Investigate
B) Mind his own business

Meg

A single scream turned into many as people came stampeding toward the exit. Steve was knocked to the ground; his bag of chips went flying. He scrambled to his feet and pushed through the rest of the crowd toward the sound of the commotion. He stepped over baskets and groceries dropped in a hurry.

He could hear someone whimpering around the corner. Then there was a grinding sound like metal being dragged across the floor. Steve readied himself for whatever was about to happen. Just as he was going to round the corner, he realized he should probably have a weapon.

He was in the soup aisle. He could take a few seconds to grab and can to throw, but did he have enough time?

What should Steve do?
A) Grab a weapon (soup can)
B) Go into battle unarmed
C) Make a loud sound (attempt to distract)

Meg

Steve grabbed a can of tomato basil soup and rounded the corner. He couldn’t believe what he saw. A cloaked skeleton creature wielding a scythe stood over a bleeding young woman. The monster hadn’t seen him yet.

Steve couldn’t tell if the woman was dead or alive. He knew he stood no chance against this creature. The smart thing to do was run away. But! He had a weapon.

What should Steve do?
A) Throw the soup can as a distraction, rescue the woman
B) Throw the soup can at the monster, rescue the woman
C) Run away

Meg

Steve chucked the can as hard as he could. It sailed over the monster’s head and collided with a display stack of cereal boxes, causing an explosion of breakfast food.

The monster let out a cry of confusion and anger, as it lumbered over to investigate what just happened.

Steve used the opportunity to run to the young woman. He grabbed her arms and dragged her around the corner into one of aisles. He was relieved by the sound of her groaning.

“Sh! Don’t make sound.” Steve said. “You were attacked. I’m here to help. Can you stand?”

“Huh?”

“Stand. Can you walk? Oh forget it.” Steve lifted the woman and carried her. He ran outside as fast as he could. The police had finally arrived.

“Dairy aisle! Check the dairy aisle!” He said as officers rushed past him. Steve fell to his knees and lowered the woman. Thankfully, an ambulance had also arrived and the paramedics came over to help.

———

Steve wasn’t sure how much time had passed. He was still in a daze. Police had already taken his statement and the paramedics cleared him as well. The monster had also been killed. He overheard officers whispering that the thing turned to sand upon death.

Steve was too tired to care. All he wanted to do was buy some chips so he could get back to gaming. He hadn’t even turned the console off. It was still sitting there on the dang pause menu.

It was then he realized he had dropped his bag of chips.

He could risk asking an officer about retrieving the main quest item. Or he could cut his losses and just go home. There was also the young woman. She had been taken away in an ambulance. He could always go to the hospital and check in.

What should Steve do?
A) Go home
B) Ask an officer about the potato chips
C) Go to the hospital

Meg

I’m so sorry for the delay! I’m sick so it’s going to be a bit before I can write the next part. My brain is barely working right now.

Top Bottom