• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

clear it up soon, please

the new DmC... prequel or reboot, what do you think it will beun

• Prequel

Votes: 10 38.5%
  • Reboot

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • undecided

Votes: 7 26.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantenevercries

i hope ninja theory clears it up soon..

rather the new dmc is a prequel to dmc3, and is part of the original timeline.. or that it is a reboot, that takes place in a alternative timeline.....

i still have a gut feeling that this the new dmc game is a prequel taking place before DMC3, and is part of the original timeline, some people think its a reboot

question..and also.. what do you think it will be, a prequel or a reboot???

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
I think it's a prequel but everything in the DmC universe is being rebooted...meaning it's getting a make over. Regardless though, I am looking forward to what NT brings. ^_^

Asmodaius

I think (and hope) that it will be a reboot. That way, the hardcore fans who love the past games won't have to worry about this changing the story or the events they know and love, and it will also give the franchise a fresh start to tell the story in a new and refreshing way, hopefully better than the past series (which shouldn't be that hard, seeing what a mess that is).

Appearance wise, I can't see the new Dante evolving into the Dante we know from the past games. The past Dante was a bit of a surfer dude appearance wise, being muscular, half-long flowing hair, and his carefree attitude (and love for pizza) seems to oppose the Dante we've seen in the new DmC trailer who appears to be alot more serious, mind-f*cked and sadistic.

So yes, I vote Reboot!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm guessing that they haven't really decided themselves so i think they're gonna wait and see how it plays out.
There are pros and cons to each but i'm leaning towards reboot because its cleaner and they are free of the cumbersome and poorly developed continuity of devil may cry to develop a good story.
I dont want to see a prequel unless its like the green lantern trilogy of rebirth,sinestro corps,and blackest night

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
I don't know what to think about it anymore it almost seems like they are saying it will be both at the same time somehow.

Undecided

WingsofaButterfly

DANTE!!! *Tackles*
Well, I can't really decide since I hear its one thing, then I hear its another. And it keeps up like that.

I hope its a prequel, but I also hope its a reboot.

Its undecided at the moment...D:

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I honestly have no idea what they are planning for this game. If this turns out to be a prequel I'll play this game to see how they go about Dante's orgins. But if this set in another universe and has no relation to the rest of the DMC universe I won't bother with it. Not because of how Dante looks but because it brings nothing good or bad to the current story line and that kills the drive to play it. That's my two cents.

kenjiharimaCU

Street Fighter Fan
Reboot they said first.
2nd interview Re-telling the origins of Dante. Meaning still Reboot.

The only confusion was with Capcom FAQS saying it's a prequel.

Chrysander

let's analyze what each word means:

Prequel = part of the current storyline, just set earlier. Same characters, same universe, same story, just younger characters, earlier events of the same story.

Reboot = Re-imagining of the story and / or characters. Elements from the original may be the same, but some things are changed to go in a new direction.

Should be clear that it's a reboot from that. Especially if Dante gets DT in this game, since we know that he gets it for the first time in DMC3. So if he gets it in DmC, then it means that it's not the same universe. There are also other strong indications from the video that this is not the same universe, and it's a re-imagining, but the DT will seal it, and it is highly likely that there will be DT, as it's such a key part of the game.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Why is there no option for both a reboot and prequel?

Meh. I voted prequel. It's a younger Dante than what we've come across before, telling his origin story. It's also a reboot which is just another way of saying they have no fences with telling his origin story eg. they don't HAVE to stick to the core details of what the original series revolved around. They can be creative and go mad.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@master vergil
technically a prequel-reboot would be them just throwing out the prequel and leaving everything else.
A example would be Green lantern Secret Origin.
To be Fair, they already did that with DMC3 as it retconned the first DMC novel which was Dante's original origin story.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Doesn't "reboot" meaning staring over from the beginning? If Reboot means to boot again which means to start something again than that would mean DmC is not part of the DMC time line. It's brand new! New Dante, new world, new everything so it can't be part of the original time line.

Appearance wise, I can't see the new Dante evolving into the Dante we know from the past games. The past Dante was a bit of a surfer dude appearance wise, being muscular, half-long flowing hair, and his carefree attitude (and love for pizza) seems to oppose the Dante we've seen in the new DmC trailer who appears to be alot more serious, mind-f*cked and sadistic.

Agree with that completely...

I vote for reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom