• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

chirp chirp

Status
Not open for further replies.

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
Well for as much as I hate those hardcore DmC fanboys that keep trying to force me to like DmC, there is something just as equally annoying. DMC1 Purists. I love the first Devil May Cry as much as the next fan does but c'mon these guys are all like "**** DMC 2, 3, AND 4!!!!!" For all tense and purposes I'll let hate for DMC2 and 4 (just barely) slide by because there's plenty to hate about those games, but is DMC1 truly that great and untouchable?

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
No one's forcing you to like anything. But DMC 1 is still my favorite mainly based on my nostalgic heartstrings.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Well for as much as I hate those hardcore DmC fanboys that keep trying to force me to like DmC...

...which fans are these, exactly?

If anyone forces you to like something, if they're insecure and mentally-conflicted to the point where they can't allow someone else to not like their game of choice....they aren't true fans.

I mean, think about all the fanboys who tried to get me to like DMC3. Do you think a single one of them cried enough rage-induced tears and spammed enough posts to the point where the actually succeeded?

TyrantWayne9999

Golden Saint God of Overlords
...which fans are these, exactly?

If anyone forces you to like something, if they're insecure and mentally-conflicted to the point where they can't allow someone else to not like their game of choice....they aren't true fans.

I mean, think about all the fanboys who tried to get me to like DMC3. Do you think a single one of them cried enough rage-induced tears and spammed enough posts to the point where the actually succeeded?
have you seen most gaming websites with a message board for DmC? It's almost sickening. You like whatever the hell you want but there are people that keep trying to tell me this game is godly and unfortunately for them I happen not to agree and there insistence on trying to make me like the game is out of farking hand. On the other end of that spectrum is DMC1 or even DMC3 purists (more so 1 than 3 though)......

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
have you seen most gaming websites with a message board for DmC? It's almost sickening.

For who?

All I see on messaging boards are how bad it is. Hell, even on boards that have NOTHING to do with DmC and is about another game NT is working on, there's still hate for them simply because they made DmC.

That's the sickening part.

But to answer the thread's topic, yes there are different sides to every coin. People are like that with DMC1 because it's the very first game and the nostalgia hits hard with those types of fans. Take for instance the live action TMNT movies. People back then use to think they were crap (some still do), however fastforward to now where Michael Bay is doing TMNT, and suddenly it's remembered as the most favorite TMNT movies ever to be seen. (for some)

DMC1 will always be some fan's "True DMC", and anyone who says otherwise will get flack for it.

And to think, DMC people complain about DmC fans, when their own fandom can't get their crap together any better.

berto

I Saw the Devil
You know, it is a little complicated.

The same way you might hate DmC in turn is how others might hate something you like and they probably react to it in the same manner as you or us have. In reality we might all be reacting in the same manner, the only difference been what we are defending and what we are attacking.

I'll tell you this, the only reason I've stuck with this series as long as I have is because of the original. Yeah, 3's got the combat and the characters and all the cuhrayzee in the world but it lacks that certain je ne sais quoi that the original had and none of the sequels did. It's not something I can explain but I have found something similar in other games so I don't complain as much as I did before I found those other games. Other disagree and so we argue. It's how it goes.

Now, if them crazies are all about "f#*k 2, 3, and 4" well, nothing you can do about it, let them enjoy what they will. You can't cure crazy with crazy, although, I kinda see their point.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
You like whatever the hell you want but there are people that keep trying to tell me this game is godly and unfortunately for them I happen not to agree and there insistence on trying to make me like the game is out of farking hand.
I had to put up with that bile for years, long before DmC was announced. On just about every gaming website and forum, long before the hatred bubbling for DmC ever brewed into existence, I got flak and brimstone from every corner for not like DMC3. You don't see me making a thread about it. Why? Because haters and fanboys are spawned from the same hellhole, and acknowledging their presence by creating threads like this isn't informative or interesting...it's not telling anyone what they didn't already know.
All I see on messaging boards are how bad it is. Hell, even on boards that have NOTHING to do with DmC and is about another game NT is working on, there's still hate for them simply because they made DmC.

That's the sickening part.
In truth, I have seen DmC fanbots who flame people for not liking the reboot...both on and off this forum.

However, I've seen way, WAY more mindless rage and senseless anger towards people who like DmC than people who hate it. Entire threads have been woven over the unbridled disbelief that professional reviewers were giving positive reviews for the game...most of which include accusations of being paid off by Ninja Theory (which seems incredibly unlikely given how small of a development studio they are.)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Well for as much as I hate those hardcore DmC fanboys that keep trying to force me to like DmC, there is something just as equally annoying. DMC1 Purists. I love the first Devil May Cry as much as the next fan does but c'mon these guys are all like "**** DMC 2, 3, AND 4!!!!!" For all tense and purposes I'll let hate for DMC2 and 4 (just barely) slide by because there's plenty to hate about those games, but is DMC1 truly that great and untouchable?

It's all opinion there is no right & wrong. You like one thing better & they like another, no need to keep flogging that dead horse. Them trying to "force" you to like something is only the same as you trying to tell everyone else how sickened you are & how much you hate things. Both sides should simply leave each other to enjoy their respective games & stop with the silly hate of anything.

Thread closed as it's only going to cause flame wars as there is no wrong or right when opinion is concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom