• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

CHECK THAT S**** ;)

8BitHero

Scrub
I meant the actual act. They pretty much teased us with the trailer movement and little fan service haha
I didn't see as fan service. Just as a part of who the character is. It's the same when people complain(no saying you are) that it's too immature.
No, you're supposed to me mature to watch a sex scene without giggling or being offended.

Paexie

I didn't see as fan service. Just as a part of who the character is. It's the same when people complain(no saying you are) that it's too immature.
No, you're supposed to me mature to watch a sex scene without giggling or being offended.
So showing off women is suggestive ways (like in other games and media) is not fan service? Oh brother... It's just a name for those things. If you didn't find it service-y that's just your opinion.

I hope you are being sarcastic on the last part.

8BitHero

Scrub
So showing off women is suggestive ways (like in other games and media) is not fan service? Oh brother... It's just a name for those things. If you didn't find it service-y that's just your opinion.

I hope you are being sarcastic on the last part.
I didn't really see it as fan service.

Yeah I worded that last part wrong. I'll edit it after a pee break.

Gbraga

I didn't see it as fanservice as well, it would be fanservice if it was like Kat in the sex scene or any character with a following fanbase

Dante's naked scenes are fanservice, for example.

Paexie

You all know that fan service is suggestive material right? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not fan service. I don't like any sort of fan service, it's degrading enough as it is.

But there you have it.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I personally don't care about it. They did it in such a fashion that wasn't all that juvenile, I guess that's what I care about most when it comes to sexuality - when it's handled appropriately.

I was more skeeved out by Lilith's goddamn face jostling around while she was getting plowed. THAT'S DISGUSTING. What the hell is she under all that skin?!

Gbraga

The Lilith skin was pretty cool, but the scene itself was very lame, they could go a bit further without being unnaceptable. The way it is it just seems pointless to tell you the truth, like "we need to be edgy, throw another sex scene". Dante's sex scene was very well made though

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
The Lilith skin was pretty cool, but the scene itself was very lame, they could go a bit further without being unnaceptable. The way it is it just seems pointless to tell you the truth, like "we need to be edgy, throw another sex scene". Dante's sex scene was very well made though

Why does it always come back to thinking they're doing certain things just to be "edgy?"

I think it shows the mundanity of hw the demons carry out their "human" lives and how little worth they feel towards it - it's like they're just going through the motions (literally >.<). Dante, on the other hand, lives hedonistic lifestyle full of excess and debauchery because he actually (at least) cares about those human desires and wants to fulfill them, and he has fun doing it.

8BitHero

Scrub
You all know that fan service is suggestive material right? Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it's not fan service. I don't like any sort of fan service, it's degrading enough as it is.

But there you have it.
But essentially means that watching any scene of suggestive material isn't supposed to be taken seriously. Kind of like the older vampires movies which show what they would get up to, lots-a sexy shi-. Fan Service would be on the level of having Dante with white hair come jumping in and saying a one-liner or Kat with massive boobs for no reason.
FhO1x.png

Goooooord

DAAAAARMN

SPLOICERS!

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Fanservice is mostly specifically focusing on certain things for the sake of using the character's sexuality. A girl can have big breasts, but when the creators go out of their way to show off those breasts, and how they jiggle, in any given situation.

Zilla

The inFAAMous
Is it possible that Vergil chose Kat to recruit Dante due to her attractive appearance possibly appealing to Dante's promiscuous nature?

Much like how villainous women in James Bond appeal to his one weakness; beautiful women.

Top Bottom