• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Check out this DMC thesis!

Vergil Crosse

I found your ideas very interesting. The comments that ensued were equally interesting. There were a couple things that I wanted to add. One of which is about Dante. When Dante fought Mundus, he was weaker than his father, Sparda. In the lore, Sparda was able to beat Mundus on his own, due to his superior strength. However, if you read Dante's bio in DMC4, it mentions that many believe him to have surpassed his father, Sparda. If Dante and Mundus fought now, at the peak of Dante's power, Dante would almost for sure, win.

Vergil, being as badass as he is, would be even stronger than Dante at this point (assuming he is still alive. He's like the Goku of the DMC universe. Always training and pushing himself) and would also be able to defeat Mundus.

On the subject of Mundus: It is implied that Mundus is still alive, and currently banished back to the demon realm (resulting effects of his battle with Dante in DMC1). Mundus COULD be re-introduced as the antagonist of a future DMC game, where (hopefully) Vergil comes back and teams up with Dante to beat Mundus in the human world, and then travel to the demon world to defeat him entirely (Can we say COOP mode?! Please?! :D)

On the subject of Sparda, Vergil, and Dante:

- Sparda is consistently shown to wear a purple coat.
- Vergil wears a blue coat
- Dante wears a red coat

Purple is a secondary color, made up from which two primary colors? ;)

Moondivider

www.tablehopper.deviantart.com
Premium
I agree on most points and I like that there are fans out there who sees deeper into the lore and voices it. But I don't think Dante is done at all. DMC's universes possibilities are infinite and if the writers for DMC even try a little, both Dante and Vergil still has a lot of potential story-wise. And yes, for me, I think Nero being Vergil's son is obvious by this point. Especially if you look closely in DMC 4, the hints are everywhere. Nice of you to post this! Good stuff :D

レディ

I found your ideas very interesting. The comments that ensued were equally interesting. There were a couple things that I wanted to add. One of which is about Dante. When Dante fought Mundus, he was weaker than his father, Sparda. In the lore, Sparda was able to beat Mundus on his own, due to his superior strength. However, if you read Dante's bio in DMC4, it mentions that many believe him to have surpassed his father, Sparda. If Dante and Mundus fought now, at the peak of Dante's power, Dante would almost for sure, win.

Vergil, being as badass as he is, would be even stronger than Dante at this point (assuming he is still alive. He's like the Goku of the DMC universe. Always training and pushing himself) and would also be able to defeat Mundus.

On the subject of Mundus: It is implied that Mundus is still alive, and currently banished back to the demon realm (resulting effects of his battle with Dante in DMC1). Mundus COULD be re-introduced as the antagonist of a future DMC game, where (hopefully) Vergil comes back and teams up with Dante to beat Mundus in the human world, and then travel to the demon world to defeat him entirely (Can we say COOP mode?! Please?! :D)

On the subject of Sparda, Vergil, and Dante:

- Sparda is consistently shown to wear a purple coat.
- Vergil wears a blue coat
- Dante wears a red coat

Purple is a secondary color, made up from which two primary colors? ;)

Vergil is totally strong! I believe because he's more in-touch w his Demon Side. Could it be that Dante is too? just not in the way Vergil is?

I agree on most points and I like that there are fans out there who sees deeper into the lore and voices it. But I don't think Dante is done at all. DMC's universes possibilities are infinite and if the writers for DMC even try a little, both Dante and Vergil still has a lot of potential story-wise. And yes, for me, I think Nero being Vergil's son is obvious by this point. Especially if you look closely in DMC 4, the hints are everywhere. Nice of you to post this! Good stuff :D

Youre welcome :) I thought it was a very demse thesis that it could generate some more thesis statements and agree to disagree discussions :)

Last edited by a moderator:

berto

I Saw the Devil
Hmm... I find a lot of it rather silly. Imperfect Dante, imperfect Nero? What? That whole thing about Dante's story not having anywhere else to go? I call on lack of imagination. Why does it have to follow that story structure, just put him in a new situation. Then there is the whole 'he's already physically stronger' argument. Trish is both physically and demonically more powerful than Dante, what with the Sparda sword, so why isn't she 'perfect?' I just find it rather silly and full of weird logic, I'm not really buying it.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I like the idea of Nero making the ultimate sacrifice and becoming a full demon. He has more to lose than Dante so its more tragic and that could lead into Dante's "depression" in DMC2.

As to whether or not Dante could still be a compelling lead character, i'm 50/50 because i've seen some fanfics pull it off but not the actual writers of the series so im skeptical.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Trish has more brute strength than Dante does but on top of that she has the Sparda sword and Eva's amulet, which means she has more demonic powers than anyone else. What did you think I meant?

She's less powerful than Dante is.

In DMC1's beginning, she seems to get the upper hand on him, but then he beats her. And in anime (which is canon), she can't do anything at all against Sid with Abigail's power, while Dante crushes him in the end.

berto

I Saw the Devil
She's less powerful than Dante is.

In DMC1's beginning, she seems to get the upper hand on him, but then he beats her. And in anime (which is canon), she can't do anything at all against Sid with Abigail's power, while Dante crushes him in the end.
She wasn't using Sparda then.

Also, she is physically stronger than Dante, doesn't mean she's better. If brute force was all it took to be the winner Nero would be unbeatable.

Vergil Crosse

But isn't Sparda's full power only usable in the hand of someone from Sparda's bloodline?

That's correct. Trish, although quite powerful in her own rite, is no where near Dante's league, physically, demonically, or otherwise. Neither is Nero. Dante and Vergil are the most powerful Demons in the DMC universe.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Pretty much. Dante left Sparda to Trish so it would protect her, I doubt it would stop doing that just because she turned out to still be alive. Dante, and to an extent Vergil, are the most formidable characters but that doesn't mean they are the most physically strong nor powerful. It is a compilation of all their traits that makes them so, power, strength, skill, and intelligence, (and yes, Dante is intelligent, just because he is eccentric doesn't mean he's not) and all other unmeasurable aspects that makes them them, like heart, and all that cheesy Jazz.

berto

I Saw the Devil
What do you mean by them being "imperfect"? Do you mean because of hybrid status?
I think by perfect he is referring to an anime type of power level situation, like he reached level 99 and can't level up anymore. He has become perfect Dante, or something like that.

outoftheblue

Leaving a character out of an equation because he has reached full potential on one level is lack of imagination or skill.
I believe the whole Sparda legacy is still unexplored and it could be an interesting source of knowledge, characters and challenge.

And even if they were unable to come up with a new, stronger challenge on a physical level, that doesn´t mean they couldn´t create something on an emotional one to make the stakes high enough and grab the players interest.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think by perfect he is referring to an anime type of power level situation, like he reached level 99 and can't level up anymore. He has become perfect Dante, or something like that.
i was thinking more like super saiyan power ups or the kitsune transformations in naruto but that makes sense.

Leaving a character out of an equation because he has reached full potential on one level is lack of imagination or skill.
I believe the whole Sparda legacy is still unexplored and it could be an interesting source of knowledge, characters and challenge.

And even if they were unable to come up with a new, stronger challenge on a physical level, that doesn´t mean they couldn´t create something on an emotional one to make the stakes high enough and grab the players interest.
Its a possibility i just hope we get some new writers that could pull it off (granted they got close but close aint a success)

the series just needs a strong creative hand to really get going (a bit like Marvel/DC)

Last edited:
Top Bottom