• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Character first impressions

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I never got the star on her head. Do you know what it means?
Have you ever heard of "the third eye"? In Dharmic traditions, there's the Ajna or brow chakra that's a gateway to inner realms and the spaces of higher consciousness. To be more in tune with a spiritual conscious.

The star on her forehead is a tattoo representing "the third eye". For Kat, it's a physical mystically designed tattoo that plays in to how she sees in to Limbo. Seeing the demons and the ability to interact with them. Part of her being a medium.

DmC, like previous Devil May Cry games, dives in to a lot of religious mythology for inspiration.

More fun facts: Kat is also short for Katherine which is based on St. Catherine of Alexandria. She was a Christian martyr who became one at a very young age. She was responsible for converting thousands to the religion and died because she attempted to convert a Roman emperor. (I don't know his name) This can kind of all go in line with how Kat joined the Order at an early age and was probably responsible for making their group of freedom fighters bigger and stronger. She got Dante on board after all.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I can't be the only one thinking the original Vergil just sometimes sounded weird. A little nasally.

Yup Dan's voice sounds like that. And I like it. It's got a unique sound, it was good to hear a villain who doesn't have the usual deep and cavernous voice. I like the sound of Dan's voice. Especially when screaming (final showdown with Dante... "YOU'RE WASTING TIME!"), and especially in a character like Vergil, usually so calm and self controlled.

I liked David in DmC too, especially at the end, when I felt like he was finally pulling off some badassness. Great job, David :thumbsup:

Lose the stupid hat Vergil.

Eh, exactly what I thought the first time I saw that hat on him LOL
But with the kind of hair he got at the end of VD, I doubt it would fit in that hat :D

Speaking of hair, have you guys noticed that in DmC, when Dante and Vergil reach their "full potential", their hair resemble the classic version of themselves a bit more? I mean, at the end of DmC, Dante gets white hair and Vergil gets his hair spiked up when he unlocks his full potential at the end of VD.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Dante: I wanna know more, where we come from, what happened to us. And above all, I wanna know who's responsible for all this. I'll join you, just lose the stupid hat Vergil.

Vergil: You....think it's stupid?

Dante: You look like you're about to pose for a bad OkCupid profile pic.

Vergil: .....I'll have you know I had like, 5 responses.

Dante: Really? Followed up on any of that?

Vergil: Well, no as I've been busy with the Order and getting more information using my super badass hacking skills.

Dante: Well, maybe you should spend less time on your computer making discount anonymous videos on Youtube and get out and about in the world bro.

Kat: He spends the whole day in his room "hacking".

Vergil: This is why I hate humans.

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
I like Kat's look. I think she's cute.

yea it's a preference, as in she's not my type, lol, as if some devs care about it.. i just don't like her physically, and that sometimes affects overall judgement.. but i fancy her being the moral compass for dante, and i could tell she's a lonely person too, unlike dante who prefers being lonely, Kat is a very lonely person, even with those peoples around her, and i sorta noticed that she felt a company within dante.. that is actually purty cool, but they could've gone with better look for her, lol *persistent

i thought dajjal only have 1 eye..

apart from i think one eye is symbolism, people might confuse him with cyclops and the question will then be "is this reference to cyclops?" :D

Dante: I wanna know more, where we come from, what happened to us. And above all, I wanna know who's responsible for all this. I'll join you, just lose the stupid hat Vergil.

Vergil: You....think it's stupid?

Dante: You look like you're about to pose for a bad OkCupid profile pic.

Vergil: .....I'll have you know I had like, 5 responses.

Dante: Really? Followed up on any of that?

Vergil: Well, no as I've been busy with the Order and getting more information using my super badass hacking skills.

Dante: Well, maybe you should spend less time on your computer making discount anonymous videos on Youtube and get out and about in the world bro.

Kat: He spends the whole day in his room "hacking".

Vergil: This is why I hate humans.

aww, you made me feel like vergil is kinda geeky with that computer thing

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
I liked David in DmC too, especially at the end, when I felt like he was finally pulling off some badassness. Great job, David :thumbsup:

My ultimate favorite Vergil line uttered by David is "don't worry mother, your nightmares will soon be over". Sent chills down my spine. Too creepy. Perfect!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
My ultimate favorite Vergil line uttered by David is "don't worry mother, your nightmares will soon be over". Sent chills down my spine. Too creepy. Perfect!

Yup. But I wonder... how does that line make sense? I mean, he didn't kill her, he wanted her to have fresh on her mind that Dante was dead by his hand, to make her suffer. So technically, her nightmares actually begin, not end :/

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Yup. But I wonder... how does that line make sense? I mean, he didn't kill her, he wanted her to have fresh on her mind that Dante was dead by his hand, to make her suffer. So technically, her nightmares actually begin, not end :/

Honestly, I didn't read into it much. I just loved the way he delivered that line.

DarkSlayerZero

DMC1 Dante>>>>>>2-4
I dislike how Vergil's hair spikes after he DTs. DmC is suppose to be it's own thing but they just had to make Vergil resemble 3's.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I dislike how Vergil's hair spikes after he DTs. DmC is suppose to be it's own thing but they just had to make Vergil resemble 3's.

Well, DmC is filled with references to the original saga, for that matter. I mean, even the in-game trophies for collecting secrets are named after quotes from the old games xD

Kam

Wall of text crits you for 600
Dante - trying too hard
Kat - doormat
Vergil - "M'Lady"
Mundus - Bald douche
Phineas - Cool design, kill the child
Hunter - soloed sparda? Sure let's make him the tutorial boss for an unawakened dante. Sissy, and by extension:
Sparda - powerlevel of a sissy, and then subtract a minimum of one hunter from that
Bob Barbas - "Fox news sucks, eh guys? Buy our game!"

Top Bottom