• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Cat summoned for jury service.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Found this little gem on Yahoo.

:lol:

A tabby cat has been selected for jury duty in the US after his owners registered him on a state census form.

The bizarre letter was sent to the cat, which was listed in the pets section of the census, by a court in Boston, Massachusetts calling on him for duty.

Cat owners Anna and Guy Esposito wrote to the court asking the family pet, named Sal, to be excused from service because he doesn't speak or understand English.

Mrs Esposito reportedly included a letter from her vet confirming that the cat was a 'domestic short-haired neutered feline' and not human.

However, the request for the cat's exemption was refused by a jury commissioner and Mrs Esposito was told that Sal 'must attend' Suffolk Superior Crown Court.

She said: "When they ask him guilty or not guilty, what's he supposed to say - meow?"

"Sal is a member of the family so I listed him on the last census form under pets but there has clearly been a mix-up."

The Daily Mail reported that Sal could have accidentally ended up on the juror list when paperwork was misread at the last census.

According to the Massachusetts judicial branch website, US citizens who 'do not speak and understand English sufficiently well may be disqualified.'

If Sal's application for disqualification is denied, the cat is expected in court on 23 March.

Has to be VB's 'WTF? of the week' :lol:

Meg

YEAH AMERICA!!!!!! :lol:

Just goes to show you how great my country is.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
AddEmoticons04285.gif

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Wow...seriously? Is the Court retarded?

Cats are useless anyways so Sal should be dismissed on that factor alone...

Meg

Just thought of something. Would a parrot have to attend jury duty since they can speak? All it would have to do is say guilty or not guilty. :lol:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
^ Is the defendant guilt or not guilty?

"Ahhh, Polly wanna cracker!"...

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
LordOfDarkness;297890 said:
^ Is the defendant guilt or not guilty?

"Ahhh, Polly wanna cracker!"...

I think you would find that its a cat not a parrot thats been called for jury duty ! :p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Love it, love it, love it!

The owner should turn up with the cat - to make a point. I would! :D

Top Bottom