• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Castlevania Lords Of Shadow review scores smash 90% barrier

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Thanks dude, I just thought it would be something some people would be interested in. This game has already innovated many things, I wonder what else it can do.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
meg127;278433 said:
Just read the review on my favorite game site. 9/10. I'm excited!

The lowest I have seen score wise for the game is an 8/10, which is still exceptionally well. This has a great shot of hitting Game of the Year.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
A roundup of reviews for Castlevania: Lords of Shadow:

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow has received favorable reviews thus far, actually let me rephrase that. They have been very impressive with the lowest score of the lot at just 8/10.

The game has not even been released in Europe yet, that is this Friday (October 1) and already the review embargo has been lifted to show would be buyers from Europe that this game is definitely not one to miss.

With no real noticable difference between the 360 and the PS3, reviews start at 8/10 from games™, Eurogamer and Edge, 85/100 from Play Magazine, and 9/10 or more from X360 Mag, Gamesradar, OPMUK. VideoGamer and Meristation with notable reviews from Play Magazine who rated Castlevania: Lords of Shadow with 85/100, PSM3 with 94/100 and CVG.co.uk with a 9.2 rating.

Castlevania: Lord of Shadows is a reboot of the franchise set in the distant and forgotten middle ages. It’s the end of days and the undead and evil inhabit the land for which you must get rid with your character played by Gabriel Belmont, a member of the Brotherhood of Light, an elite group of knights that strive to protect against the evil chaos that has amassed on the land.

Will you be picking up Castlevania: Lords of Shadow? To be released on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3.

Source: NowGamer

Follow us on Twitter and Facebook, or get daily updates via email.

Source: http://www.product-reviews.net/2010...rds-of-shadow-very-impressive-review-roundup/

Perhaps the lower scores is due to being a God of War clone or something. Didn't matter, because I am getting this game on Tuesday.

And one of the reviews said that there is no difference between the two versions, which is a good news. :D

Meg

Don't know if this has already been said, but IGN gave it a 7.5/10. The main complaint seemed to be that is wasn't a true Castlevania game.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
Gamespot, Game Trailers, and IGN are linked companies. The reviews are usually one in the same. It's that specific company that said it's "Not a true Castlevania game". Ignore them, they need to read the word "Reboot".

moseslmpg

You guys know what a 7.5 from IGN means? According to their own scores, the Guy Game is better than LOS (7.8 IIRC), Castlevania 64 is better (8.2 IIRC), LOI is better (9), and Curse of Darkness is slightly better as well (7.9?). These are the people who gave Darksiders a 7.8 whan that game was very enjoyable, so I wouldn't put much stock in their scores.

Ember To Inferno

Eternal Rest
moseslmpg;279751 said:
You guys know what a 7.5 from IGN means? According to their own scores, the Guy Game is better than LOS (7.8 IIRC), Castlevania 64 is better (8.2 IIRC), LOI is better (9), and Curse of Darkness is slightly better as well (7.9?). These are the people who gave Darksiders a 7.8 whan that game was very enjoyable, so I wouldn't put much stock in their scores.

Don't forget God Hand's 3.0, while giving a Baby Trainer game on the Wii a 7.5(?)

Yeah..

Top Bottom