• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom wants DMC5 to be "tailored to what fans want."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Lol - does anyone else just feel like laughing???

We've been waiting for this for ages, and if someome had said to me "Well 'Dante' will look nothing like 'Dante' and be British!" I'd have just laughed and laughed and laughed in disbelif. lol

Meg

Ebony;273675 said:

We've been waiting for this for ages, and if someome had said to me "Well 'Dante' will look nothing like 'Dante' and be British!" I'd have just laughed and laughed and laughed in disbelif. lol

I agree! :lol: Its kinda like "beggars can't be choosers" you know? We've wanted and begged for a new DMC game and so Capcom was like "Ooook here you go. :p" Ohhhh gees.

DR0KZ

If this is Dante i'm going to cry harder then the emo is is meant to represent...damn he looks awefull.

I thought they where trying to up the sales in the western countries? This is quite the opposite.

cookies_n_creeme

Storm Silves;249949 said:
Goddammit. I bet this means the stupid and unneeded return of Vergil, and the throwaway of Nero. Just when the series was taking a turn I liked as well...

Nah. They had the right IDEA, with a reboot. BUT they OBVIOUSLy are not listening to the people who make them they're money.

and you could bring Vergil back- but in a stophisticated mainfest. Something that pleases his fans and makes him a legitimate character. They need a re-work or rather, step up what DMC brings to the table. BUT a 'reboot' is stupid. What it needs is a kickass plot (that involves a bit more than some one-liners and another sorry excuse for a fight.) They need to sift through the cheesy BS that disapoints potential fans and add something that's going to rev-up whats there.

This happened with Tomb Raider. The big differences were that with Core- Tomb Raider was an amazingly simple concept. Chick finds treasure and looks nice in short shorts. Viola! And we have a game.
With DMC, they had a lotta characters and respective stories to worry about. To just say, okay- f^*$ that and start over. It won't work. Especially by just throwing everything out the window that made the series what it is. Be it a little cheesy, we've all got our crosses to bear.

All they really needed. Was a new writer. Everyone else was doing their jobs correctly. Maybe work the art in a different direction. But tweeks that'll turn an ok game into an incredible money-making machine aren't hard to come by.

JPD

when they say a "reboot" they could possibly mean a restart of the plot with the same plot, just that this time they dont **** up the timelines, that would be good on my opinion, btw the new dante sucks ass.................

Acedia

Dante Never Dies
To clear this up a little bit.
It IS a reboot, which means OG DMC will have little to do with this.
I'm ASSUMING, they'll throw in a few Easter Eggs and Hints recognizing the OG DMC series.
They will either have nothing to do with Vergil, or make 'a' Vergil that has done more cocaine then the new Dante already has.

Rage

Ebony;273675 said:

lol oh yeah, i was all giddy like a kid at christmass knowing dmc5 would be unveiled at the TGS

That joy turned to "wtf do you mean i only got socks for gifts?!?" by the end of the trailer

We should really form a class action lawsuit against capcom for emotional damages

Tekken Force

One of the things I will judge it on is the gameplay. For me it needs to be fun. DMC4 felt like it was more about the hardcore challenge than the fun factor that DMC3 and 1 seemed to give. There was just, something missing. Some of the enemies were awkward and fiddly and you didn't quite know if you were fighting them right. Blitz, Frost, Assaults with Chimeras attached, etc.

Vampi

Acedia;275180 said:
To clear this up a little bit.
It IS a reboot, which means OG DMC will have little to do with this.
I'm ASSUMING, they'll throw in a few Easter Eggs and Hints recognizing the OG DMC series.
They will either have nothing to do with Vergil, or make 'a' Vergil that has done more cocaine then the new Dante already has.

Uh no. Cocaine or Heroin (i say coke) is a classy drug so it would fit Vergil. Obviously Dino does either Meth or Crack.

Richtofen

Nein, not ze puppies!
Premium
What I previously posted here was immature...sure I'm not entirely warmed up to the new Dante idea right away. So I'm re-doing this post. At first I was filled with disappointment...but then I thought about the Castlevania series. They are doing a reboot too of the game and it looks cool. I can't judge what I haven't played and trailers aren't enough to justify. I'm looking forward to when the games makes an apperance!

VirgilTheart

I've said it before and I'll say it again; Capcom and Ninja Theory are walking on a very thin line with this game. I'm one of the guys willing to give it a chance and actually see some great potential for this game, but I'll be just as ****ed as everyone else if the game is a dud. If it works out and turns out to be something spectacular, I'll be very happy and hopefully so will everyone else. ^_^

JPD

at least make dante look like dante, change the story, do wtvr u want, at least make dante look like dante, add new stuff from his young age, do wtvr u want, all im asking, make him look like the original and ill give u a chance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom