• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom planning two huge games for 2011

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Capcom director and producer Jun Takeuchi has said the publisher’s planning two big, currently unannounced titles for this year.

Speaking to the latest issue of Famitsu, Takeuchi promised both of these large-scale games will surprise you. They’ll both be announced by summer — before or during E3, we’re assuming.

What can they be? Sequels? New IPs. We’ll have to wait and see.

Thanks, Andriasang.

Source 1: http://scrawlfx.com/2011/01/capcom-planning-two-huge-games-for-2011

Source 2: http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/01/26/flying_get_f_style/

Hopefully one of the titles is Resident Evil 6, and hopefully Leon will star in that game and the survival horror will be implemented much better in the game, like Dead Space games.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Chaos Master;298391 said:
Hopefully one of the titles is Resident Evil 6, and hopefully Leon will star in that game and the survival horror will be implemented much better in the game, like Dead Space games.

Well considering it took 4 years to make Resident Evil 5 and the likelihood that they have made Resident Evil 6 already is low and I heard rumours that its going to be a reboot !

"Resident Evil 5 producer Jun Takeuchi said in an interview with 1UP.com that Resident Evil 6 could be a complete reboot. Capcom has not decided whether they will make a sixth game yet, but has stated if they do, it could take anywhere between four to eight years to make. Takeuchi announced in June 2010 that he will not be involved in the production of Resident Evil 6."

Though is is from Wikipedia so have to treat this with caution like all internet rumours but as said the likelihood of Resident Evil 6 showing up this year is Low !
And Weskers dead , so how would they continue the series without wesker being alive ?

Esura

Your breasts are illegal!!
Chaos Master;298391 said:
Leon? No, we should have a new character instead being the lead, relegating Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire to cameo appearances and whatnot. Sheva would be a good main character to base a game off of. I do agree with being more like Dead Space though.

Damien;298396 said:
And Weskers dead , so how would they continue the series without wesker being alive ?
Wesker does not make the Resident Evil series, not in the slightest. Granted he was a great antagonist, but the series will survive without him.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I'm sure Capcom could magically find a way to ressurect Wesker.

Actually, I'd like to play as Wesker. (There is probably a game where you can)

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Hopfully it is news on RE6 and a new Mega Man X game.

I'm actually hoping that RE6 will star Leon and Chris and Claire and Jill with Alex Wesker and HUNK being the 2 central antagonist.

Sorry Esura but Sheva would just make a terrible main character in my honest opinion.
She really did not bring much to the overall story and in my opinion was just put there to keep the fans who where calling the game racist satisified.
I think RE5 could have been MUCH better if Jill was Chris's partner through the entire game instead of sheva but thats just my opinion on the matter.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
Esura;298407 said:
Leon? No, we should have a new character instead being the lead, relegating Chris, Jill, Leon, Claire to cameo appearances and whatnot. Sheva would be a good main character to base a game off of. I do agree with being more like Dead Space though.

Wesker does not make the Resident Evil series, not in the slightest. Granted he was a great antagonist, but the series will survive without him.

Although it would be a bit stupid and a little too star wars for it's own good I would love to see Sherry reappear as the new antagonist. That Weskers report video goes out of it's way to leave Sherry on so much a cliffhanger instead of flat out ignoring her after a pretty clean ending I am shocked they haven't done it already.

Damien

Anti - Little D
Premium
Esura;298407 said:

I never said that Wesker makes the Resident Evil series , but he was the only member of the Umbrella Coporation left after he killed Spencer and in other games the protagonist killed the others , so really there isnt a new person that they can bring in a go " Look , I've been here all along but you havent seen me " as that would suck... Umbrella is gone , along with wesker so that whole point of the series suriving without him is flawed as no-one else is out there !

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
Storm Silves;298466 said:
No one ever said Capcom can't make another antagonist.

exactly ^^^

Afterall why do you guys think that Alex Wesker has been getting so many hints lately such as in the Lost in Nightmares DLC.;)

Top Bottom