• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom didn’t want the series to die, explains why DMC was outsourced

berto

I Saw the Devil
I think that all came from the complains regarding DMC4. The game sold well but there were too many complains about the overall game and specially the story.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
So, in other words, they didn't want things to get stale.

Game Trailers said that the formula might've had a few cobwebs in their DMC4 review.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
I still don't think a reboot was necessary, they could have added something new and innovative to the original series without going the Reboot route in my opinion.

Could have given the original series to a producer who gave a crap about the mythos.

I'm more leaning towards hoping that they eventually do a DMC "retelling" ala Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

But I would love a DMC5 first before that set after DMC2.

Reactions: Meg

Meg

I still don't think a reboot was necessary, they could have added something new and innovative to the original series without going the Reboot route in my opinion.

Could have given the original series to a producer who gave a crap about the mythos.

I'm more leaning towards hoping that they eventually do a DMC "retelling" ala Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood.

But I would love a DMC5 first before that set after DMC2.
That's what I want too. Give us a DMC5 to wrap everything up, and then start over with a new series that keeps the characters and mythos of the original, but write everything in a way that actually makes sense.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
This makes sense to me but hearing Itsuno saying these words makes me a bit sad. I'd prefer if they'd do an outsourcing after DMC5 got out. You know, with DMC4 the series just got the attention it needed and it was a great chance to go more forward with the series and develop a wider fanbase. Instead, their decision killed the old DMC games and divided the fanbase. Call me nostalgic; but I don't approve.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Good way to shoot themselves in the leg. At least Capcom exceeds at doing it. As for me as long as it swings around reboot, franchise is dead to me.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm not against it but these things tend to end up more of a luck of the draw rather than something set in stone so there were different ways they could have handle it (both DMC4 and DmC) so right now I'm on the fence on whether or not I wanna trust capcom again.

On the reboot, i feel it was 50/50 since it came down to whether or not you trusted the creative team and where they were going.

Goldsickle

If a game series uses the same formula too much, then people whine about how it's repeating itself.

If a game series tries to innovate or try something new, then people will whine about how it's changed too much.

Someone who believes that change happens because of executive meddling will "fight" for "freedom of expression" for the development team.
But as soon as they find out that changes are indeed done by the free will of the development team, they hypocritically change their stance on how "the company must only listen to their most hardcore fan".

And then we get idiot posts like "they can change without changing too much" or "they can express themselves without ****ing off the fans" like it's so goddamn easy.

Seriously, with ever-evolving technology, ever-changing demands and the consumers being rotated, how could anyone not expect change to happen in video games?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
nothing is easy in creative branche. But if you take only easy way out you don't had to talk about innovation.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
But when invoation is actually tried, there's always gonna be some form of complaint. And honestly I feel its that way because, in actuality, gamers don't really know what they want and would prefer their fantasies made real rather then actual constructive ideas.

Top Bottom