• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom asks you to choose wich game gets a sequel

wich game gets a sequel

• DMC5

Votes: 63 44.4%
  • DmC2

Votes: 81 57.0%
  • Another reboot about how Mundus lbecame a succesful businessman

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Unreal sucks D;

Votes: 4 2.8%

• Total voters

Awake

Under the Promised Flag
You guys do know that they gave Dante from DMC 2 his DMC 1 personality back in Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne right?

But see, I don't want a boring serious man either...That's why I loved the first Dante so much. He had the perfect personality to me. That's just my opinion though so don't feel like I'm trying to change your mind.
^_^

Haha, I felt like I was doing the same, sorry.

Truth be told I like DMC1 Dante too, so it's all good.

Terrutas

I'd rather a goofy character than a flat bland one who's lines of dialogue just consist of giving Nero wisdom.
Can't a guy have fun? I don't mind Nero but there was so much drama and whining I thought Dante was a nice break from that.

I'd have rather that guy, than someone being 'mature' for the sake of it just because he's older now. I wonder why DMC2 Dante isn't appreciated much? Now there's something to think about.

Or...We can settle for El Donte.
I'd rather have El Donte over anything Ninja Theory can possibly come up with.

I'd rather have Tidus.

laugh.jpg

That's a good one!

ZeroLove

Dissidia_Tidus.png
I thought Tidus was cool and a nice break from the regular emo-heroes Final Fantasy had a tendency to have. even though he could be annoying at times, he was a nice character.​
Buuuut that's off-topic, so... moving on...​

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
Even though off-topic, still...I'd rather have Tidus than Dante or El Donte..or El Katalina...actually that's a bit harsh, I'd rather actually go outside.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I think proponents of a DMC 5 sequel tend to fool themselves into thinking either sequel is just as likely as the other. Let's analyze some of the perspectives, here.

One clear reason not to continue the original DMC is that the story has become vague and inconsistent. It would be impractical and boring to try to wrap everything up or shoehorn a story in there that feels 'big' enough. All of the major, most powerful villains are dead. DmC, on the other hand, is begging for a sequel and leaves a lot of creative options to explore in every area- characters, plot, weapons, theme, etc.

And of course, some people think DMC is 'cooler' than DmC. This is largely a matter of taste, but you can't deny that DmC is a very presentable game by any possible objective measurement, as many reviews have described in detail. And remember, the original team members behind the previous DMCs are not involved anymore, so any DMC 5 would be something of a remake, anyway.

All things considered, it seems silly to even consider a DMC 5.

Why would you want to suddenly make DMC's story consistent? Every DMC game up to now has been different. Different story, plotholes everywhere. Why would Capcom want to suddenly make everything right, or canon? It doesn't seem like anybody even cared that DMC didn't make sense. Every game has been its own story. So why not create another DMC that explores every creative option you just mentioned? In a new DMC game there can be new characters (at least some), a different plot, different weapons and a different theme.

Which is why people who know what Devil May Cry is about should work on it. If nobody will, then let the series die. Why turn it into something completely different? Is it going to go on like this forever? DmC ends, and then its reboot 'Wail On the Devil' or 'The Devil's Wail' is developed, and Devil May Cry will be lost, just like it would be if the series simply died. Why this need to perpetuate the series until it's so watered down it's no longer recognizable?

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
I'm still new to how game engines work but Marvel Vs Capcom 3 which runs with the MT Framework was able to create some pretty dynamic and lively stages/backgrounds where outside the intense fast pace action from the players some stages like Bonne Wonderland and that Kattlox (is that how you even spell it) Island had some pretty great scenery plus Resident Evil 6 had cinematic set pieces and still managed to look gorgeous....better looking than DmC.....same goes for Dragon's Dogma. This is rare I think for game engines but the MT Framework can run extremely smoothly and transition well at 30 fps or even 60 fps and there really wouldn't be a difference (well the graphics and environments would look better at 30 fps).
Backgrounds, not world changing, things literally changing from being able to walk on them to being gone

Plus DMC1 & DMC3 had moments of moving/lively environments especially in the last stages in DMC3 and those games ran with an outdated game engine.

ReverseSuperman

DmC 2 for many reasons....

- Vergil is still alive
- Sparda is still alive
- Dante is half angel
- Nero blows
- possible new versions of Lady and Trish
- The original DMC series was headed towards the garbage world of DMC2

DmC 2 for many reasons....

- Vergil is still alive
- Sparda is still alive
- Dante is half angel
- Nero blows
- possible new versions of Lady and Trish
- The original DMC series was headed towards the garbage world of DMC2

They said that game was non canon
Dante in regard to the decision of DMC2 not being canon - "What you do from here is your call"
Oh neat a window of opportunity.

Mystiq Doom

Ok. Then the series should die, then. Another action game with 60 fps will eventually take up the mantle.

This is so short sided and petty on so many different levels. Let me count the ways that one person can be so wrong with so few words.

- die? Why? Did nobody like the game?
- 30/60 FPS determines whether a game is good or not by itself?
- new consoles are right around the corner. a new game by NT would certainly be next gen and easily lockable at 60FPS
- how many stylish action games are there really? waiting around for another one to rival DMC is a fools errand.

Personally I think this world is interesting enough to try a DmC2 on next gen consoles. (UE4? lol) but even if Capcom goes for 5 it would be easy to justify a game coming after DMC2.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
There are things I want in the sequel.

Dante rebuilding the new Order with his old home into Devil May Cry. And changing his outfit.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014

Calm down. I was only saying this because the future of DmC seems uncertain and I just want the skeptics to stop complaining. I loved the game, and am looking forward to a sequel. But it may never be made, for all we know.

The 60p fps thing was said more out of jest. If another series like that came about, then people can finally move on from DmC and leave the rest of us alone.

Good point, but it doesn't matter. The old series will forever be tainted by that abortion of a game.

Sonic 2006 was meant to be the end for Sonic because that was a poor game, but hey, Sonic is still going and his latest games are well recieved. It's called moving on, look what DmC has done, it's up to you if you want to believe this but it's caused alot of damage for fans. Look at how hostile people are to each other here because of that game. I'm not even going to blame the game itself actually, that was kinda fun. I'm blaming Ninja Theory for their hostility.

Edit: I noticed I like to bring up that Sonic game alot.
I just think it's a suitable example.

Top Bottom