• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom and Ninja Theory announce DMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
we may not like it people, but we should give it a slight chance...maybe "real" Dante will make an appearance as an alternate costume...i mean...i feel like this is the same attitude everyone originally had towards Nero and now he's essentially a part of the family

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
The crazy demon;273633 said:
Well i like his new jacket, the new look completely(wacht the trailer at 0:40 secons and you will notice he changes back) and the color of his eyes, and those necklaces around his neck

And the weapom seems cool too maybe is a melee version of Pandora?.

:D Yeah I saw the lil' flash back to what looked more like Dante! lol.

Thanks I just needed to have a conversation about good things, rather than bad things. I don't like the necklaces tho :-/

A melee version of Pandora would be cool - something a little bit faster.

It's like they are trying to replace Dante all the time - Nero didn't work, so lets try this dude instead.....

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
nero...so much a part of the family he's been dropped like Lucia...
COME BACK NERO ALL IS FORGIVEN!!!
(did i really say that!)

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
People are content with Nero...and many like him, myself included...i think maybe this Dante could be like that....for all we know it could be a parallel dimension thing where u play as both

But they cant treat Nero like a trash, he was the main character in DMC4 , we spent our money and waste lots of our time playin that game, now they just regret that and sayin forrget him????

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I'm actually looking forward to this :D. Seeing a new Dante was weird at first, but I think he's alright. He's not the Dante we know and love but he seems ineresting. Can't wait to hear more of this :). I may base my profile on the new Dante :p

Curse

Cursed Girl
I am actually amused how people are ragin over his looks while we know nothing about the plot, gameplay.

Tho I'd say dmc3 as a prequel was good enough, the only prequel we would need now is if we got to play for Sparda.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Parallel dimension, i struggle with those in Star Trek.

About the Nero thing... sorry, i must seem like such a hypocrite

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Curse;273653 said:
Tho I'd say dmc3 as a prequel was good enough, the only prequel we would need now is if we got to play for Sparda.

This is no a prequel it is a reboot, it means that in this timeline it all started again, taking some elements of the original series yet changing them.

(o_o man while i typed this i imagined a crossover)

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
So with a reboot, Capcom can make Vergil Nero's Dad.
So i assume this means that everything we know from the other games is no longer canon?

Curse

Cursed Girl
The crazy demon;273655 said:
This is no a prequel it is a reboot, it means that in this timeline it all started again, taking some elements of the original series yet changing them.

(o_o man while i typed this i imagined a crossover)

I'm a conservative person starting today!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
My first thought - he's got a bald spot, HA HA HA! But on closer inspection it's just a patch of silver hair he has right on top of his head.
Second observation - he's got Nero's colours (the jacket I mean)
Third - what is this, Devil May Cry meets Resident Evil? It smacked of RE to me where he's all tied up and stuff...@.@...which I won't go into. Me and my fetishes. Aih *headdesk*

The marionettes look sooooo wicked!!!!!
The spiny whip thing he uses reminds me of Dante's Inferno just a little bit too much.
He's got Nero and Dante moves - the flying thing where he bashes his fist into the ground. Yeah, I know it wasn't an actual 'move' for Nero but he did do it when he was being all emo and the like. And where he slaughters some of those demons - exact same moves Dante made when kicking the holy knight's butts after killing Sanctus in the Opera House.

I'm hoping they modify his appearance a bit by the time they release the game. I believe that they will, seeing as the first trailer for DMC4 showed an incredibly fugly Dante snarling into the camera too, and the Dante we got is...well...:wub:

I don't want to think that this is really Dante Dante. We know how Capcom likes to get the fans worked up, and I'm hoping that they were meaning to deceive us with the trailer, because there's got to be more to it. My first reaction when he said his name is Dante, was that he's Dante's son. Sparda used to live under the alias Tony Redgrave before Dante took that name for himself when he was younger, right? Or have I got that detail wrong?

Guh. I dunno. I might be the only one who still believes this game is going to be epic, because I can paint a million scenarios to explain this dude away. Dante's blonde hair is what attracted me to the series, but given this trailer, I'm likely to wait for someone to play the game and upload all the cutscenes onto YT so I can decide whether I'm getting it or not. If it actually is Dante...well, to hell with DMC then.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Parallel Dimentions and reboots.....sounds a bit crap to me.

Lets hope the actual gameplay makes up for it.

*Feels the need to slash lots of demons*

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
It could go both ways...like with Lords of Shadows.Even thought it is a reboot,the fans don't want to loose the previous entries and Konami is rumored to not wanting to scrap the series and instead make it a standalone game/parallel universe game.

Hope that something like that happens here.Otherwise...

Meg

Another prequel is alright with me so long as they fix the "thing" they are trying to pass off as Dante. If this was an original game then I'd be fine with it, but this is not the kind of DMC game I want.

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
moseslmpg;273515 said:
Darth: You were seriously hoping for them to take a dump on the entire series? They didn't break Dante down, they just copped out and didn't even try to further the story.

Yep:)

DMC4's was clearly not popular enough and was going to change yet again for the worse anyway. To me the series was destined to die a death one way or another. At the very least Dante was, imo Dante couldn't get any worse after 4 even if he went back to DMC2 personality. This at least feels a bit more mysterious and unpredictable.

I am happy to let go of Nero because Dante has changed now and im happy to see what this new Dante (and timeline I guess) is like.

Curse;273617 said:
oh hi guys i thought you should know how the director of dmc5 looks
1284575707995.jpg

OMG xD well thats that cleared up I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom