• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Capcom and Ninja Theory announce DMC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
WTF!!!
THE SERIES HAS JUST BEEN MURDERATED!!!
Dante smokes?! You call that westernized!!!!

I suppose Lady will be getting her bewwbs out too!!

Is it Just me, or does Dante's hair look brown?

Is reboot the new word for ****ing it up!!!
OMG, I AM SO INFURITATED!!!

rebirth? Is this the excuse Capcom need to make Vergil Nero's pop?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Vergil + Afro...[I'm not adding anything else...]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

That F*CKING DOES IT.I'm going to Ultimate Mighty Rider Kick each and every one on the n4ts!

Kittn

Dante's Lapcat
I think this forum has an anti-spam filter so I can't just post one word. But right now, one word is all I can think of.

WOE.

My little heart just got broken into pieces. This is not Dante. That is not Devil May Cry. It will never be so, here. If this isn't some arrogant joke on Capcom's part, then Devil May Cry ended with 4 for me.

Already the backlash on numerous sites should be enough to make them start reconsidering. I expected to be offended by their idea of what Westerners want. I never expected this. If they don't change him back, I'm not buying it. I already said if Dante wasn't in it, I wouldn't. And that is not Dante.

This has also killed the enthusiasm I had for MvC3. At least, I don't see myself preordering it with big, eager eyes anymore.

I may only be one person, but Capcom just lost a fan with this if they don't fix it. Whats the point of becoming attached to their games if this is what happens to us? I feel so helpless and left out in the rain.

And even so, I maintain some optimism. That its not really really Dante. A hopeful person could gamble that this is some nega-Dante, created to destroy or replace the original. (The idea has been tossed about.)

I'd play it in the first case. But not in the second one. Either way, with what I see now, it's officially a 'wait till someone else plays it to find out.' So... anyone here gonna be that 'someone else'?

I watched the Dante's pic more than 5555 times but I still cant believe it's him :\
fortunately looks like they didnt mess Vergil in this NEW game but if Dante's like that surely Vergil's......

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I agree about losing a fan.

Well, they've done it again, Capcom have proved that they couldn't give an asshole about what the fans want

I also think it'll be 18 rated

Meg

@Kittn- I'm sure as hell not being "someone else."

*grasps at straws* Hmm....well I thought about it and was able to think of a bright side. Ok, so let's assume that Dante is 17-18 in this game. In DMC3 he said that it has been a year since he and Vergil met...so maybe Vergil will be in it? Maybe the brown hair is because Dante rejects his demonic heritage or something and Vergil makes him realize who he is?????

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
1. It looks really cool. I would love to play it
2. it's not Devil May Cry. i will never refer to it as Devil May Cry and I will never consider that Dante to be our Dante.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
That would make the manga drop it's cannon status and go non-cannon which is a huge NO-NO,since it was actually good.

Meg

darkslayer13;273536 said:
1. It looks really cool. I would love to play it
2. it's not Devil May Cry. i will never refer to it as Devil May Cry and I will never consider that Dante to be our Dante.

Agreed. If this was an original game it would be really cool, but its not so....I don't care.

Vampi

The manga took place a year before DMC 3 i believe. And Dante still looked like....well Dante. There is no excuse why they would change Dante so drastically. I hope they don't touch Vergil, i seriously can't fathom Capcom messing up Vergil's utter coolness into becoming a heroine addict.

I think this has go to be Dante's son. Father's name their son's sumtimes after themselves. And just like what Moseslmpg said it has to be either Dante Sr. and Lady's son or Nero and Kyrie's. There's no way this can be the original demon slayer Dante. I just can't believe it.

meg127;273534 said:
Maybe the brown hair is because Dante rejects his demonic heritage or something and Vergil makes him realize who he is?????
but he never seem to be dissatisfied with his demonic powers.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
I just can't this believe that they will dare call the bastardazation and the personification of this..."Nega-Dante" along with the game...Devil May Cry...

It's finally time that Capcom either wakes up and stop trolling and stuff or time to lose each and every of it's fans.

Meg

@Drakkar- Again I was just guessing in the desperate hope of making sense of all this.

Capcom has lost me as a fan. That's for sure.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
The fans aren't happy on Reuben Langdon's FB page.
I assume he won't be the VA for Dante anymore?!

aka958

Don't trust people
They lost me as a fan aswell.

No answers for the questions in the DMC series and instead they make some street game?

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
Ahem guys wacht this :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yODXOeKSfH0

In 0:40 you can see Dante or whoenver he is hair and eyes go white and red probably if this is a reboot, we will see his demonic side awakening again, and probably in that moment his hiar will turn his normal white because i have seen many people angered because of the hair color :/

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
It no wonder Capcom kept Resi to themselves and passed DMC over to a Western developer.
I've always said it was a cop out. If they handed it over to a western developer, they'd be shifting the blame if it went wrong

MochaCub

ReadzMangaS
So far this game not only looks boring, but Dante looks horrible. The enemies looked cool I guess. Overall of what I've seen so far, this DMC has pretty much destroyed the series for me :-/
I'll be looking forward to seeing some actual gameplay though and maybe I'll change my mind...*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom