• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can we just go on about how awesome our favorite games/characters are?

Meg

No, seriously. I need to fangirl right now. :ermm:

So I'm obsessed with Bioshock Infinite. Elizabeth instantly became my favorite character in the game and as I continued playing I found myself loving her more and more. Right now my favorite video game characters list goes like this:

1. Lightning (Final Fantasy XIII)
2. Elizabeth (Bioshock Infinite)
3. Dante (original DMC series)
4. Ratchet (Ratchet and Clank)
5. Lara Croft (Tomb Raider)

How did she manage to beat out Dante and Ratchet who have been some of my favorites since middle school (I'm now in college)? Like....:blink:

I need to play more Bioshock Infinite. :w00t: But I have work to do. :(

I'll play later. In the mean time, gush about how much you love your favorite games and characters. :D

Please? So I'm not the only one. :blush:

EDIT:

I might as well put my top 5 favorite games:

1. Dark Souls
2. Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
3. Bioshock
4. Persona 3 Portable
5. Spec Ops: The Line

@.@

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
How did I never know you were into Persona? o_O I guess I just never asked.

Anyway, I think my top five video game protagonists would be...

1. Samus Aran (Metroid)
2. Dingo Egret (Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner)
3. Haseo (.hack//GU)
4. Kite (.hack)
5. Vincent Valentine (Final Fantasy VII)

ZeroLove

1. Zero from Megaman Zero.
2. Zwei from Soul Calibur V.
3. Dante, both DmC and DMC3 versions.
4. Trish from the DMC series.
5. Psylocke from the X-Men.

Gah, I got so many different favourite characters from several titles and series, so this was hard to narrow down to just a top 5. However, this is how I felt it should be like at the moment of writing it. Might change though.

SugarMoon

It's One on One.
Yep I love this topic. So many characters that I love right now its hard to choose lol. I'll try though x3

Currently:

1. Xiba (Soul Calibur 5) (Learning how to use him. He's really not as bad as I thought)
2. Rufus (Valkyrie Profile 2)
3. Nero (DMC4)
4. Bartz Klauser (Final Fantasy 5)
5. Eliot (Dead or Alive 5)

Sidenote: ZeroLove if you can use ZWEI in a match then I consider you a Saint *bows*

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
I'll join in.
1: Fang and Lightning as joint 1. They're so cool. I love their clothes and the way they fight. Also, they seem tough, but they both have someone they really care about and want to protect. That bit where Fang says she'd tear down the sky for Vanille was so touching, like you know she'd do anything for her; and Lightning is so devoted to Serah and so protective towards her that you can tell she really cares. Plus both women get bonus points for hitting Snow a bit;)

2: Elizabeth. Even though she's just come out in a game, I'm already thinking she's a favourite for me. The first time you discover her in the tower and you're seeing her through those spying windows, even then you can feel like she's a real person with hopes and dreams and that's vefore you even talk to her.
I love the excited way she looks at the world and how her reactions seem real with the sitations she encounters. I know you play as Booker, but the game is more about Elizabeth and her comming to terms with what she is, what she will become and how to handle her powers. I also love the little AI things she does like wandering off to buy candyfloss: so cute!:p

3: As I couldn't decide which, I put both Dante's here. I like them both for different reasons ranging from personality to looks. While I have fun with classic Dante and ejoy his antics (especially in 3), I like new Dante for his story, how he grows and changes and seems a bit more human and relatable to me.

4: Ezio Auditore just because his personality is so different from Altair (like this guy acutally has a personality:p ). He's charismatic and a lady's man. Plus with him, I felt like I got to know him while playing through his life. He goes from revenge for his family to stopping a much deeper plot that will effect the world. I also like the way he's a family man. He cares for his mother and sister and allows her into the assassin's order, so that's bonus points for doing that.

Edit: Just thought, but can we also put favourite game villains here too? Or would that be a diferent thread?

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Motherfucking Gene.

original

Enough said.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Ezio Alditore De Ferenze (Assassin's Creed II)
Assassins-Creed-2---Ezio-Auditore-de-Firenze-psd82002.png

Edward Kenway (Assassin's Creed IV Black Flags)
468px-Kenway2.jpg

Dante (DmC)
DMC-Dante.png

Haythem Kenway (Assassin's Creed III)
ACIII-Haytham_Kenway_Render.png

Alex Mercer (Prototype)
images

Desmond Miles (Assassin's Creed I, II, Brotherhood, Revelations, and III)
1636747-desmond_miles.jpg

Raidou (SMT Devil Summoner)
art-003.jpg

Yu Narukami (Persona 4)
Yu_Narukami_render.png

Mondo Zappa (Killer is Dead)
KID_officialart_mondo.jpg

Kokoro (Dead or Alive 5)
doa5-kokoro-promo.jpg

Hitomi (DOA5)
ncDOA5Hitomi01.jpg

Roxas (KH; All)
Roxas_Days_2.png

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Pictures now then, okay, these are my favourite game villains/ anti hero.:p

Scissorman from Clock tower 3. He makes me laugh...nuff said^_^

Ralph_zps5d30ca3c.png

Sephiroth, because I'm a hopeless fangirl:blush:
Capture7_zpseddb9857.png

Braig/ Xigbar from Kingdom hearts....I just like his character....no idea why though>_<
Braig_zpsc0f05af6.png

Caius Ballad, a close contender next to Sephiroth for me in the Final Fantasy villain rankings. I just like how almost tragic his story is.
Caius_Render_FFXIII-2_zps5bc8ebaf.png

And lastly, Kain. Everything he says is awesome and sounds awesome, plus his journey is pretty epic.
kain_zps8df3aa6f.jpg

Zero from Mega man X and Mega man Zero
Looks bad ass, died a hero in his own series, died being the greatest Maverick Hunter despite being a creation from Wily.
Ironic fate.

Zero_3.jpg

Cloud, arrogant, snarky, sarcastic my all time favorite Final Fantasy Character

Cloud.jpg

LiLi, dunno why I like her, she's just cute I main her in Tekken.

Tt2-lili_%281%29.jpg

Metal Sonic.

I love seeing this guy show up in any Sonic game. I wish he could become the main villain again like he was in Sonic Heroes.

metal_sonic_3d_by_fentonxd-d5g24ev.png

Dante. (Devil May Cry (2001) (Devil May Cry 4 coming in second)

Looks awesome with his appealing design he will always be the Dante I think of when I think of Devil May Cry

devilart_7.jpg

There's more characters but...that's enough images for today

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
1. Dante and Vergil from the Original series
Dante_and_Vergil_by_key0000000.jpg

2. Gabriel Belmont/Dracula(Might top the sons of sparda after LoS 2 is released)
4.jpg

3. Alucard(Symphony of the Night)

4. Tifa lockhart(My dream girl lol)
Final-Fantasy-Advent-Children-Tifa.jpg

5. Ezio auditore.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
1. Jak and Daxter

2. Roxas of KH

3. Monkey and Trip Of Enslaved

4. Connor kenway of AC3

5. Prince and Elika

6. Noel and Serah from FF13-2

7. the cast of DMC3.

8. the cast of NMH

9. Raiden and the snakes.

10. cloud in FF7 AC.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Gotta say that's the most HQ Gif i've ever seen

My list :-

> Kazyua Mishima
20120225-063531.jpg
Best theme,Best Protagonist,Best Antagonist,Best combo,Best Story,Best Endboss Best Tekken Character EVER Sorry King you may be the Champ but Kazuya is DEVIL

> Jill Valentine(ORIGINAL)
jillzy4.png
She's still one of the most well written and respectable female character in Video game History this incompetent whore is NOT jill valentine

> Unnamed Prince(original)
90373.jpg
Seriously Disney take notes from Ubisoft for once and learn how to make a badass fairytale story without pussifying it for kids if not anything Prince of Persia series made me love fairytales even though i never did

> Original Snake
NAKED%20SNAKE.jpg
The bastard who started it all... and the one who ended his own ****up he's one motherfu*king badass i haven't played all the games but screw that ! no one understands WTF is going on anyway

> Megaman X
6a00d83452033569e20120a63428e4970b-800wi
BEST Megaman incarnation IMO

> Kyo Kusangi(Kof series)
kyo1_kof-28.jpg
Playing as him is really tricky but his movesets are just awesome my Fav character in KOF series

> Agent 47(Original)
hitman-blood-money-872.jpg

He's a cold hearted killer with an empty soul... a repugnant villainous person but that's the why he's so freaking badass and this never happened

that's all what comes to my mind right now :)

ZeroLove

Wait wait wait... If we post ALL our favourite characters, my list wouldn't have to be squeezed down to a top 5!
I'll start making a more elaborate list then. ^^

Reactions: Meg
Top Bottom