• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Can this new DmC deliver 8+ score and great sales

what direction you think would be the best for the dmc series

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haven

Devil May Cry's a Rockin Baby!
I believe this could very well get at least an 8, its looking up to be a pretty good hack n' slash. And NT's storytelling is critically acclaimed; i've only played Heavenly Sword and it has some of the best cutscenes i've seen in a game. As for the poll I voted for both the reboot and continue Nero's story. Dante's story is done: it starts with DMC 3, which tells us how he developed his inner demon and when he created his shop. DMC 1 continues the story of Dante where he has to defeat his fathers enemy, Mundus. And his story ends with DMC 2. It was good that he was in DMC 4 as a plot device (I don't think Nero could hold up the whole game himself), but he didn't need to be playable. If they continue Nero's story I don't want to see Dante at all, they should give Nero two more sequels and end his story on 6. If DmC turns out to be a good DMC and capcom decide to continue it, I know I wouldn't object :)

johntoreno07

I believe this could very well get at least an 8, its looking up to be a pretty good hack n' slash. And NT's storytelling is critically acclaimed; i've only played Heavenly Sword and it has some of the best cutscenes i've seen in a game. As for the poll I voted for both the reboot and continue Nero's story. Dante's story is done: it starts with DMC 3, which tells us how he developed his inner demon and when he created his shop. DMC 1 continues the story of Dante where he has to defeat his fathers enemy, Mundus. And his story ends with DMC 2. It was good that he was in DMC 4 as a plot device (I don't think Nero could hold up the whole game himself), but he didn't need to be playable. If they continue Nero's story I don't want to see Dante at all, they should give Nero two more sequels and end his story on 6. If DmC turns out to be a good DMC and capcom decide to continue it, I know I wouldn't object :)

critically acclaimed ha ha ha

what you mean hs and enslaved was any better than a mediocre game ? and they only have two mediocre games btw no i think there is much to do with dante's story he didn't get a proper farewell they should remake dmc2 with different story that would be a definite hit ! and then continue whatever you want to do first off all HS is a shameless ripoff of gow but fails to ripoff what made that game awesome

enslaved i don't like interactive movies i hate em and no i don't think it can get a 7+ as i have seen the latest gameplay it seems the same unchanged one from the start dmc 4 nero's arm converted into some lame prototype kinda sword and also you can stay in air without any fu**ng efforts now ISN'T this getting way to much easy ?? and DT would just make it more easy and enemies seems like they're paid not to attack and just get killed and not to mention comparing to dmc4 it isn't a BIG improvement as that big mouth NT director keeps on saying i don't think there is anymore royal guard and fully functional trickster here

well also what can we expect from a weak guy trying to be cool as 'dante'

i wanna punch that freak in face talking with such balls against the fans

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Capcom have never gotten a score below am 8 so i doubt this will fail

I believe that some of the games that are on the top list of bought games are sportsgames, shooters, racing and kiddie games such as Super Mario and Pokemon. Most of the time, such games aren't really all that good in quality and they don't get that high ratings or scores, but they are popular none the less.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

Mario is not a kiddie game you beat up defenseless turtles

Haven

he didn't get a proper farewell they should remake dmc2 with different story that would be a definite hit !
I don't think they should make a new story, I liked the story, they need to change Dante's personality. But I would prefer a dmc that leads up to dmc2 and shows why he changed drastically.

and then continue whatever you want to do first off all HS is a shameless ripoff of gow but fails to ripoff what made that game awesome
I didn't see it as a GoW rip-off, the only things it has in common is that its a hack n' slash by a western developer and includes chains attached to the weapons. Unlike GoW thats not the only weapon in the game, you have normal stance (normal attacks that are fast but not that effective), heavy stance (Slow but powerful attacks) and finally the chain stance (can't remember what it was called in the game :oops:). And you can create combos by changing stance on the fly (like how you can in DmC).

enslaved i don't like interactive movies i hate em
Well thats your opinion, personally I like them just as much as any other genre. And when a company like NT create an engaging story and solid gameplay then thats awesome :D (again, only basing on HS). And don't say HS doesn't have good gameplay therefore my comment is invalid, as long as its playable its good gameplay.

and no i don't think it can get a 7+ as i have seen the latest gameplay it seems the same unchanged one from the start dmc 4 nero's arm converted into some lame prototype kinda sword and also you can stay in air without any fu**ng efforts now ISN'T this getting way to much easy ??
I agree that does sound too easy, but we haven't played the game yet. So we don't know how easy its going to be to pull of combos.

and enemies seems like they're paid not to attack and just get killed
Yeah I noticed, its weird. In Heavenly Sword the enemies gathered around and attack from all sides, so I don't know why they're not like that in this. Then again, the enemies in past DMC games aren't the hardest to defeat either. Sure you got hit now and then, but unless your playing on a high difficulty level you hardly die unless its a boss fight.

and not to mention comparing to dmc4 it isn't a BIG improvement as that big mouth NT director keeps on saying i don't think there is anymore royal guard and fully functional trickster here
Yeah, the game does appear to copy a lot of stuff from DMC 4. The whole royal guard and trickster thing is personal preference, i'm not sad to see them go. As long as I can pull off combos and look stylish while doing it i'm fine :)

well also what can we expect from a weak guy trying to be cool as 'dante'
He doesn't appear weak, from what you've said about the game being too easy, you make it out that Dante is overpowered :confused:. He looked weak in the first trailer, but now he seems to have a normal human build. And he seems to have a personality similar to DMC 3. But to each their own.

i wanna punch that freak in face talking with such balls against the fans
I'm assuming your talking about Tameem correct? If so, I agree; he hasn't been presenting the company of NT very well when he constantly talks down to DMC fans.

johntoreno07

I don't think they should make a new story, I liked the story, they need to change Dante's personality. But I would prefer a dmc that leads up to dmc2 and shows why he changed drastically.

No actually i think persona was right as he was pretty old and mature and pretty much lost his "cool" attitude and also after watching the anime i can say he is pretty lonely guy think about it he lost his parents when he was very small then again crossed paths with his long last brother only to watch him fall in the abyss and then killing him again in dmc1 so all these events and time skip made dante more dark and serious type

I didn't see it as a GoW rip-off, the only things it has in common is that its a hack n' slash by a western developer and includes chains attached to the weapons. Unlike GoW thats not the only weapon in the game, you have normal stance (normal attacks that are fast but not that effective), heavy stance (Slow but powerful attacks) and finally the chain stance (can't remember what it was called in the game :oops:). And you can create combos by changing stance on the fly (like how you can in DmC).

dude you're exactly listing things from god of war ex: press [] for light attacks /\ to use heavy attack and chain them up to various combinations there is load of list you can do with it and also athena's blades aren't the only weapon in god of war 3 he has array of weapons in his library

http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Kratos'_Weapons

look at this and try not to drool after you see neman cestus :)

honestly you have a ps3 and don't have gow3 that's a crime go GET IT NAAWOOO !

Well thats your opinion, personally I like them just as much as any other genre. And when a company like NT create an engaging story and solid gameplay then thats awesome :D (again, only basing on HS). And don't say HS doesn't have good gameplay therefore my comment is invalid, as long as its playable its good gameplay.

that isn't devil may cry style i suppose NT never had experience with this much stylish game

I agree that does sound too easy, but we haven't played the game yet. So we don't know how easy its going to be to pull of combos.

we already saw many trailers all seem to have the same kind of gamplay i can't say anything but still not impressive as dmc3 and i don't get how this would give dmc4 a fair competition

Yeah I noticed, its weird. In Heavenly Sword the enemies gathered around and attack from all sides, so I don't know why they're not like that in this. Then again, the enemies in past DMC games aren't the hardest to defeat either. Sure you got hit now and then, but unless your playing on a high difficulty level you hardly die unless its a boss fight.

HS its nothing compared to god of war and bayonetta dude throw that thing away trade it in exchange of assassins creed brotherhood !!

Yeah, the game does appear to copy a lot of stuff from DMC 4. The whole royal guard and trickster thing is personal preference, i'm not sad to see them go. As long as I can pull off combos and look stylish while doing it i'm fine :)

you only feel stylish when you did a SICK combo not cake walk SSS rank would satisfy or entertain me

He doesn't appear weak, from what you've said about the game being too easy, you make it out that Dante is overpowered :confused:. He looked weak in the first trailer, but now he seems to have a normal human build. And he seems to have a personality similar to DMC 3. But to each their own.

meh just look below :-

devil_may_cry__4_devil_trigger_dante__by_therealtrunks800-d4ig0n0.png

and look at this lame cosplay DT for new dante

286775_265728216786012_155631917795643_1138618_6987961_o.jpg

only thing different in his DT is his hair so whose DT looks more strong ??

I'm assuming your talking about Tameem correct? If so, I agree; he hasn't been presenting the company of NT very well when he constantly talks down to DMC fans.

yep you'e right

Haven

dude you're exactly listing things from god of war ex press [] for light attacks /\ to use heavy attack and chain them up to various combinations there is load of list you can do with it and also athena's blades aren't the only weapon in god of war 3 he has array of weapons in his library

http://godofwar.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Kratos'_Weapons

look at this and try not to drool after you see neman cestus :)
Oh, well I haven't played GoW 3 so I didn't know he had different things; sorry :p. Yeah, the idea of the heavy and light attacks are similar. But in HS they're presented differently (L1 for Chain stance, R1 for heavy attacks). They're not just attacks, they're like different weapons. They all have their own combo sets and you can mix it up between them.

honestly you have a ps3 and don't have gow3 that's a crime go GET IT NAAWOOO !
I know right! There's a lot of games i'm surprised I don't have....yet.

HS its nothing compared to god of war and bayonetta dude throw that thing away trade it in exchange of assassins creed brotherhood !!
I've already got brotherhood ;)

only thing different in his DT is his hair so whose DT looks more strong ??
Well without a doubt, original Dante's looks more badass. But just because he doesn't look it, doesn't mean new Dante is weak. Old Dante is the type where you know he could kick your butt, new Dante is the type that would surprise you when he's put you on the ground :).

johntoreno07

Oh, well I haven't played GoW 3 so I didn't know he had different things; sorry :p. Yeah, the idea of the heavy and light attacks are similar. But in HS they're presented differently (L1 for Chain stance, R1 for heavy attacks). They're not just attacks, they're like different weapons. They all have their own combo sets and you can mix it up between them.

I know right! There's a lot of games i'm surprised I don't have....yet.

I've already got brotherhood ;)

Well without a doubt, original Dante's looks more badass. But just because he doesn't look it, doesn't mean new Dante is weak. Old Dante is the type where you know he could kick your butt, new Dante is the type that would surprise you when he's put you on the ground :).

we know nothing about this new dante and how badass he is look at DT of younger dante its still is pretty badass compared to his similar aged counterpart

DT_Cerberus.gif

Haven

we know nothing about this new dante and how badass he is
Badass was perhaps the wrong word for me to say, I should've just said stronger like you asked :p. But its not just personality and attire that made Dante badass, its his crazy over the top action. Spinning his sword around, dodging an attack then a delivering stinger. New Dante, while doesn't have the exact moveset, preforms over the top action which make him badass. And from the demo's he seems to have a personality similar to DMC 3 Dante ("Lights out" *roundhouse kicks eyeball*, "Ebony...Ivory, I missed you girls").

But yeah, I agree, new Dante's DT sucks compared to previous ones (and seems pretty useless).

johntoreno07

Badass was perhaps the wrong word for me to say, I should've just said stronger like you asked :p. But its not just personality and attire that made Dante badass, its his crazy over the top action. Spinning his sword around, dodging an attack then delivering stinger. New Dante, while doesn't have the exact moveset, preforms over the top action which make him badass. And from the demo's he seems to have a personality similar to DMC 3 Dante ("Lights out" *roundhouse kicks eyeball*, "Ebony...Ivory, I missed you girls").

But yeah, I agree, new Dante's DT sucks.

yeah given he isn't a demon anymore something psyco like alice from madness returns look at her DT its not actually DT but since its kinda transformation you can take it as DT

hysteria-bloody-vorpal.jpg

Haven

yeah given he isn't a demon anymore something psyco like alice from madness returns look at her DT its not actually DT but since its kinda transformation you can take it as DT
Yeah i've played that game. That mode was pretty cool (useless, but cool). Now that I look at it, it looks similar to DmC's DT where everything goes black and white :eek:. Now I think of it, the whole game reminds me DmC (kind of): The design of the secret area looks very AMR, and they're both hack n' slash using the unreal engine!

johntoreno07

Yeah i've played that game. That mode was pretty cool (useless, but cool). Now that I look at it, it looks similar to DmC's DT where everything goes black and white :eek:. Now I think of it, the whole game reminds me DmC (kind of): The design of the secret area looks very AMR, and they're both hack n' slash using the unreal engine!

*sniff* *sniff* god of war 3 hevanly sword COPYCAT FOUND !!!

AMR DmC trailers secret area trailer hmmm lets see YES ITS SO similar i feels like they are same game but no they're different :) just like some old joke i can reacall

Hey frank look that's hat looks just like my hat which got stolen last night i guess I'm pretty lucky to get that in my neighbour's yard sale i wonder why he didn't invite me XD

and not to mention i have played god of war very first game for ps2 its was so cool and original and it inspired many games especially i still play gow 2 sometime still reminds me of summer fun ;)

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I dont know if it can get both because one does not equal the other.

Its harder for them to get the sales they wanted as they burned a lot of bridges with some of their desicions made early on when the reboot was announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom