• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Call of Duty, World at war.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
Has anyone else here played the online demo for the new call of duty game?:lol:

I have, Its O.K. but COD 4 is better.

Bandoor

Gosh Napoleon...
It will be here from gamefly tomorrow.
I thought it looked pretty good. CoD4 looks better... but it still looks good.
I'm happy it has trophies, and co-op. I watched a gameplay video on youtube showing online play, and it looked good.

I'll tell you what I think of it when it comes in tomorrow...... Unless its late! :'(

Dark Drakan

Admin
Played it and got it but much prefer COD 4 online. Something just doesnt feel right with it and the weapons just dont have the powerful feeling the ones in COD 4 have. Also most the levels arent very well designed, i mean its a good game but most the good things about it they took from COD 4 anyway. I know if it isnt broken then dont fix it, thats fair enough but just seems like COD 4 with less balanced weapons and worse levels. The grenades are about as powerful as a spit ball compared to the ones on COD 4.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Black Angel;145705 said:
^I agree.

I do like Makin though. Solid snake style stealth is so much fun there.:lol:

I was quite pleased that they listened to fans of the series and added extra custom slots for prestige levels and such. I do think they have done an excellent job of following in COD 4's footsteps as thats no easy feat. Just doesnt have that polished feel to me yet that COD 4 has.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
My friends like it better. But then again, the only played on the normal multilayer when they played COD4.

I think they like the fact that all the guns suck now.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Black Angel;145731 said:
My friends like it better. But then again, the only played on the normal multilayer when they played COD4.

I think they like the fact that all the guns suck now.

I only play Hardcore so annoyed me i have to reach level 18 to play it. Without stopping power perk on the class it takes even more bullets on World At War to kill someone than it does on normal mode of COD 4. I swear i put a clip and half into one guy and he turned around and knifed me as i was reloading for the 2nd time. COD 4 was a gem and i just dont think im going to like World At War more than it. If Infinity Ward brought out an update for the multiplayer on COD 4 id be on it like a shot. I mean i could barely drag myself away from COD 4's multiplayer and always had the urge to play it. Havent had that feeling with World At War yet at all.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
The only gun I liked was the MP44. The submachine gun.

And only with double tap and steady aim(just like my MP5 class) but I can't get over the fact that the MP5 without perks is still better.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Black Angel;145752 said:
The only gun I liked was the MP44. The submachine gun.

And only with double tap and steady aim(just like my MP5 class) but I can't get over the fact that the MP5 without perks is still better.

MP5 with silencer is a good choice and the MP44 had much too much recoil to be any good really. I liked it but with no challenges to unlock for kills rarely used it. My fave gun is probably the G3 on COD 4. Havent unlocked that many on World At War yet but i do like some of the rifles as ive always preferred powerful single shot rifles. They will be much better when ive unlocked Hardcore mode though and dont have to use a clip of ammo to take someone down.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
^I forgot to mention the silencer!

Yhea, the MP5 is really accurate the way I have my perks set up. I can use it like an assault rifle or a close to mid range submachine gun.

Top Bottom