• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

CALL OF DUTY: ADVANCED WARFARE

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope

Set for release in November 4, 2014, Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is the new title in the long-running franchise. In development by Sledgehammer (co-developed Modern Warfare 3), Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare is set in the year 2054 where the largest military force on Earth isn't a country but rather a corporation. Founded by Kevin Spacey's big baddie Jonathan Irons, Atlas is the world's largest military firm. Irons begins a war with America because of his beliefs that the United States have failed to install democracy in other countries for over a century and that democracy isn't what people need. "Hell, it's not even what they want!"

In terms of gameplay, we've been shown a few things. Exoskeleton suits, Robotic suits, Climbing gloves, Deployable covers, cloaks, drones, spider tanks and some weird net thing that wasn't exactly clarified. I am going to assume the cloaks, the drones, the robot suit and the climbing gloves are going to be a one-time thing, just like with the other previous Call of Duties. However, I think the exoskeleton suit and the deployable covers are going to be a permanent part of the game mechanics and a game changer while at that.

What about you guys? What's your opinion on this.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
think i will wait til i see some gameplay footage to judge it i am a cod fan but i think they need a few changes for it like maybe a game set in the cold war or gulf war etc instead of modern futuristic or world war eras

Teal

I really hope they put some thought in the campaign first instead of focusing mostly on multiplayer, like the other two COD developers Treyarch and Infinity Ward. Since they hired Kevin Spacey to be the villain, I am assuming the campaign is gonna be something good. It's going to be really hard for me to root for the good guys this time.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
i would love a campaign where you can play as either side with two endings and agree with focusing on the main story mp has become tiresome for me a long time back in cod and battlefield a coop campaign would be nice too

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I hate CoD with a passion. Hell, all those generic military shooters are just a cancer in the video game industry. Watching the trailer though I do see some neat ideas like those Spider-Man gloves and Elysium like power suits but, I doubt they will give you actually freedom to use things like that. You'll probably have one mission or segment to go through a scripted scene and that's it. And beyond the long overdue new coat of paint I just imagine it still being the same exact game that's only making this jump now because of the success of something that was Titanfall which is something that still isn't as good as it should be because AAA video game developers are too afraid to drift too far with this generic military shooter foundation.

I wouldn't be so fooled by this because Advanced Warfare is probably just trying to pull the wool over your eyes. See it in action first and find out just how much effort is actually put in to this title to see if CoD actually decided to do something good for the first time in over a decade. But I really just suspect behind this futuristic set up, there's just another gray generic military shooter that's still bleeding the AAA industry's fear to take risk.

Yea, this game is just gonna blow again. CoD should just die and die for good. It's too late for this franchise. All of those military games should just die. BF, CoD, etc. Only way to truly innovate really at this point.

Absent Nova

Phantom Thief
Another year, another CoD. Everyone is going to cry about it, but still buy it and then cry some more after the game is out.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I think it's fun to assume that that's what happens to him at the end of House of Cards. :p
I'm going to buy this just for that alone.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I hate COD as much as the next guy, but... it is KS, after all, and the trailer doesn't look half-bad. I'll gladly support it because of the blatant FU references.

That's "FU" as in, "Frank Underwood" by the way -- ENTIRELY coincidental, I'm sure.

Last edited:

Teal

I am hoping for the best. After all, this CoD has been in the works before Modern Warfare 3 and after Black Ops. They postponed it to help Infinity Ward work on MW3, but immediately after that they restarted their work.

Plus, this is the first game Sledgehammer are developing by themselves. I am hoping they'll bring something fresh to the table.

Cabbage Detective

Cabbages <3
ugh what's the story for this game? some dude who is smart as **** wants to start a war and will take three games in order to be killed?

The Final Offer

I'm excited for a new CoD. They know what I like in my shooters and I am certain my friends are getting it.

These games are fun. Whether people like it or not. Which is why people like me just nod and smile to the negativity it generates from people.

I get this sense of jealousy from gamers who like their game so much that they almost always wonder why CoD is more popular and their game isn't.

Honestly, I don't think there will be a game that will be on CoD's status for a long time. You see the series is so popular three studios are working on it. So this year is Sledgehammer, next year is Treyarch, and the year after that is Infinity Ward. That's a shooter that (more than likely) will have a game within 3 years that you'll enjoy.

That means, Battlefield which went back to it's 2 to 3 year cycle will drop a game that is a MAYBE for you. You will have BF4 and BF5 to choose from in the next 3 years and if you don't like either of them that's another 3 years to see if you'll like another. The chances of that happening are slim whilst the chances of CoD fufilling your needs is greater.

It's a genius idea is what I'm saying and hell what I'm truly saying is that I'm getting what I want each year with different twists to it and graphical improves. So now, haters can't say it's the same game over and over because there's a 3 year development cycle for EVERY release.

I'd be even more hype if Devil May Cry or Smash Bros was being pumped out like this.

The Final Offer

After his misleading review of DmC, I don't and won't ever take him seriously. He's a joke.

Here's how.

His Titanfall review. There's no story and it has a timed streak called a Titan. If you kill alot of people it reduces the time it takes to get a Titan. The only thing different is that everyone has one with different attachments.

In COD AW there's the Goliath scorestreak that places you inside of a mech with customizable attachments. What I'm saying here is that COD AW covers Titanfall's main attraction in one scorestreak. Unless you like being fed every couple minutes an unearned Titan, that's the only difference COD AW has to Titanfall in that regard.

Now I'm curious, extremely curious as to what Joe has to say about Halo 5 doing the exact same thing as COD AW. I bet he'll pretend like COD AW doesn't exist.

Top Bottom