• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Box Art Revealed!!

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
That is more like 2011 Dante 2010 Dante had a different looking necklace and well had more white and was well more psychotic looking...plus this always seemed to be the planned box art but I don't like how they changed it before it 2 floating platforms where one was white to imply his angel side but now they're both black.....wtf is this sh*t....taking out the epic symbolism and yeah they could've changed up his looks in this game but hopefully Japanese version has a better looking cover.

I mean Resident Evil 6 does.
RE6-Box-Art-JP-PS3.jpg

Now that looks cool.^_^

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
That's commonly how it is in Japanese Box Arts vs American/Western ones....the Japanese are usually for jamming a lot of details into the image or making it look as cool as possible while Americans/Westerners usually prefer simple yet focused.

This is why from time to time I ship JAP games to EU when I see that covers are worse.

Dante47

I bet the European and Japanese covers will be better. Personally I don't care, since it's the marketing department that makes the cover art, not NT.

berto

I Saw the Devil
So a mediocre box art will affect a game's quality....lets look at past DMC games box arts.

5020.jpg

devilmaycry2playstation2us.jpg
920607_61587_front.jpg

dmc4_ps3_box_front_rp.jpg

Where these really any much better plus its a box art who cares? I pay more attention to the back of the box art you know the part that actually give details about the gameplay and DMC have always failed at that well DMC4 did that I can remember.
Oh, well, since the ones before are so uninpressive it's ok then. I don't think so. If anything they should make a bigger effort to deliver.

I've always liked DMC3's but Japan always get the good stuff.
5020.jpg

930014_70216_front.jpg

An DMC1's anniversery cover is also better than the one we got, which is the same one as always, not like this one:
devil1story.gif

I can't find the cover version of this but it's this image with the graphics.

Is it too much to ask for an original design?

AngelMode

I really don't mind the artwork for the cover box. It is art that we have already seen, yes, but it is still pretty colorful and cool looking. Very well symmetrically balanced with Dante in the middle and lava going on in the background and whatnot. I mean, better this than a one colored background with Dante looking at you all creepy and stuff. I bet fangirls/boys(?) of DMC3 games sleep with their cover box because it is simply a magnificent straight shot at Dante's balls.

Kammosjuttu

Wow, cool news. Those extras seem really nice, though what does "character perk" mean?
The box art is very pretty, but I guess people don't care for it so much because it's an art we've seen already so long time ago. But I think it still is a great picture and fits in the cover of the game. I just wonder will the same cover be in the European version.

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer
I'm just curious about why is there "Devil May Cry" written at the side of the box? Shouldn't it be "DmC" or "DmC Devil May Cry?" It's not that I've got any problem with that but you know what I mean! It's supposed to be new title. But I must say that those bone weapons look awesome ;)

UniqueEquine

Is not waiting for GTA V.
I don't like the word "perk", makes me thing of an overpraised FPS...>_<

Pfff... why would I bothere with bone skin? It's just a skin... it doesn't affect gameplay or anything.

And I don't know why people are so concerned over covers for video games. Ya know what they say: "Never judge a book by it's cover.".

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I'm just curious about why is there "Devil May Cry" written at the side of the box? Shouldn't it be "DmC" or "DmC Devil May Cry?" It's not that I've got any problem with that but you know what I mean! It's supposed to be new title. But I must say that those bone weapons look awesome ;)
Maybe this box art is just an incomplete version of the finalized the game doesn't some out in 5 months.

ninjaa93

because its is still devil may cry mucg like mortal kombat reboot just says mortal kombat i always thought they would drop the DmC by now cuz its kinda like saying it twice but the need the title devil may cry because that is the licence tradmark see the lil restricted logo at the end.

HailTheKing

Battousai The Manslayer

darkdeamon92/dmc3/

nice find bro....i really dont mind it looks gr8 :) although we already seen that pic but if we havent we would be oh wow!....;)

and the bone weapons looks sick! :D

Top Bottom