• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Boss Ideas: "DmC2"

Blue_Rose

One way to get yourself shot
So I'd like to hear you guy's opinions on which bosses you'd like to see return or any new bosses that can be introduced to this reboot.

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
My friend had an idea once that the second game could continue with Dante trying to find out about his past. And at some point, he'd end up fighting an extremely powerful demon but just before he (or we, the players) are about to kill him there's a cutscene and he discovers it's his father, Sparda. I thought it was a pretty neat idea.

Meg

What if now that Mundas has been overthrown, angels come back to the world? Maybe they try to take over instead? I think some angel bosses would be cool. Maybe have a boss fight where you have to fight a demon and angel at the same time? While they also fight each other. That could be crazy. :woot:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Im a fan of the DMC3 method of bosses becoming the weapon/technique you gain rather than the DMC4/DmC method off bosses giving you a unrelated weapon but if we were to have the latter, we should have the bosses use the weapons themselves against you as part of their repetiore.

After you beat them you salvage the weapon and you already have some idea what they do.

Meg

Im a fan of the DMC3 method of bosses becoming the weapon/technique you gain rather than the DMC4/DmC method off bosses giving you a unrelated weapon but if we were to have the latter, we should have the bosses use the weapons themselves against you as part of their repetiore.

After you beat them you salvage the weapon and you already have some idea what they do.
That's a really good idea. :eek: Kinda like how in DMC3 when you fought Vergil the second time. That would be really cool. I could just imagine Dante's smug ass striding up to a fallen, near death boss and going: "I'll be taking this."

Capcom, make it happen!

Blue_Rose

That's a really good idea. :eek: Kinda like how in DMC3 when you fought Vergil the second time. That would be really cool. I could just imagine Dante's smug ass striding up to a fallen, near death boss and going: "I'll be taking this."

Capcom, make it happen!
Like when Vergil killed Beowulf?
What if now that Mundas has been overthrown, angels come back to the world? Maybe they try to take over instead? I think some angel bosses would be cool. Maybe have a boss fight where you have to fight a demon and angel at the same time? While they also fight each other. That could be crazy. :woot:
And in the angel and demon battle, if you kill one, the other would take the fallen one's weapon and dual wield them. Kind of like Agni and Rudra.

The Final Offer

Meg...did you read that thread with the Vergil writer guy?

sssensational

What are you gonna do with all that power?
Supporter 2014
Whatever they do, I need them to make the bosses tougher. I mean, the Succubus fight? Literally every move she makes, I can decide what to do. She lifts one arm? I prepare for a parry. She lifts two? I move away and back in to attack the face. She throws her head back? I move away for whatever gust of gross wind she's blowing in Dante's direction.

I could blame it on the fact that I play too much DmC, but I really don't find any of the bosses tough. Maybe only hollow Vergil in Vergil's Downfall. But to be honest, I don't play Vergil's Downfall enough to understand all of his moves. And yet still, his boss fight is one of my favorites.

So yeah, I'd like the boss fights to be a little less predictable, but I also want them to maintain the current quality. Because while they are easy, they sure are a pleasure to look at.

Blue_Rose

Whatever they do, I need them to make the bosses tougher. I mean, the Succubus fight? Literally every move she makes, I can decide what to do. She lifts one arm? I prepare for a parry. She lifts two? I move away and back in to attack the face. She throws her head back? I move away for whatever gust of gross wind she's blowing in Dante's direction.

I could blame it on the fact that I play too much DmC, but I really don't find any of the bosses tough. Maybe only hollow Vergil in Vergil's Downfall. But to be honest, I don't play Vergil's Downfall enough to understand all of his moves. And yet still, his boss fight is one of my favorites.

So yeah, I'd like the boss fights to be a little less predictable, but I also want them to maintain the current quality. Because while they are easy, they sure are a pleasure to look at.
Exactly! I mean compare the Mundus battles. DmC Mundus is pathetic compared to classic Mundus. For all the DmC bosses, once you've figured out what to do then you've got the battle down. And they should revert DMD to difficulty like the original games's DMDs.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

Capcom, make it happen!

I was thinking about your idea about a three-way fight and that would be interesting but i think its something that would become too cinematic if not done well.

The Final Offer

Thank you! :happy:

*looks at thread* *sees thread is eight pages*

Yeah.....no. tl;dr

I'm someone would like to explain why that thread is relevant to me, that would be appreciated. :blush:

Well in the sequel story, there was an idea thrown around that Dante and Vergil's uncle gets involved and he's an angel. The problem with his involvement means the other angels would come as well. Which is why I asked about you reading that thread.

Meg

Well in the sequel story, there was an idea thrown around that Dante and Vergil's uncle gets involved and he's an angel. The problem with his involvement means the other angels would come as well. Which is why I asked about you reading that thread.
Obviously, great minds think alike. :cool:

reckless_serenade

I don't think the angels should be revealed until the very end of the game. Dante has to defeat some other Big Bad, and at the end when the final battle is over and everything is all fine and dandy, just as everyone lets their guard down, the heavens open up and the angels descend. Boom, cliffhanger ending, because everyone loves those.

TerrorA

Don't mess with a Mage, bitch.
Bosses you kill:

Barachiel: (Gain weapon Gungnir)

Uriel: (Weapon gain: Surtr)

Metatron

Raziel

Jophiel.

Bosses you "impress" (ie, survive against)

Azrael: Survive more than a minute or WIN, gain the Reaper's Scythe

Michael: Survive more than 30 seconds or WIN, gain the MichaelSword

Top Bottom