• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

boss fight--agnus 2nd time

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonspyke23

i need some help on the 2nd boss fight with agnus, the closest i got to beating him was a cm of life left, it was down to the last hit and he got it first but the more times i try again, i get beat early on plus i have no vital stars left

Keaton

Premium
What parts kill you...because with good evasiveness and management of the DT most of his attacks fall flat.

Use Swordmaster's Aerial Combos with Rebellion, the Shotgun is good to for deterring his minions :)

FuumaMonou

dragonspyke23;74379 said:
i need some help on the 2nd boss fight with agnus, the closest i got to beating him was a cm of life left, it was down to the last hit and he got it first but the more times i try again, i get beat early on plus i have no vital stars left

Basically, regardless of what character you are (since there are officially 3 fights with Agnus, so you could be Nero right now), you just have to dodge and attack.

He will spawn Gladius and Balisks (I knnow I spelt that wrong) every once in awhile. You can either take them out, or use your Buster if you are Nero to launch them (or the fireballs from them) at Agnus.

His basic sword combo is two slow slashes. He will do the first one, then come back up with the second one, very easy to dodge.

He will also shoot fireballs at you, which has the same basic animation as when he releases lesser demons into the battle. The only different is you will see the fireballs sit in the little spell thing for a second before they fire.

He has a life draining move where talks and charges up, then comes dashing towards you. You can either try and dodge it, or if you are DT, he can't grab you. If he does grab you, you can DT to get out of it.

When he gets to lower health, he adds three attacks to his arsenal.

The first one he will go into the middle of the room and charge up, then release a blast that will hit you anywhere and take tons of life from you and give it back to him. Mainly, you just get up to his ASAP and beat the crap out of him until he gets out of it.

His next move is he will send 2 Cutlasses into the grond, and they will both come up at the same time to try and injure you. Just simply dodge it by getting out of the way.

The last one, he will grab two Cutlass out of nowhere, and start swinging around (kind of like the Mephisto's move, but slower), and then throw them away. So just make sure you get out of the way, and I am pretty sure he favors throwing the Cutlass upward, so jump in the air and get down ASAP to dodge the attack.

So just keep a lookout for his moves, and when you know which one it is, dodge accordingly.

I think one of the biggest mistakes that people make against Agnus, especially on the harder difficulties, is that they try to just beat the crap out of him and not dodge. He really doesn't flinch as often as people think he does, and the chances are, no matter how hard he is smacking you, he probably will not flinch before he performs his move on you.

darkninjax123

Assassin
use lucifer on him and when he does the spinning attack on u switch to trickster and teleport behind him so he cant hit u and when u manage to get him on the ground switch to gilgamesh and swordmaster and use the most powerful attack it has which is RB+Back+B or R1+Back+0

Crimson Red Knight

master of the blade
darkninjax123;74698 said:
use lucifer on him and when he does the spinning attack on u switch to trickster and teleport behind him so he cant hit u and when u manage to get him on the ground switch to gilgamesh and swordmaster and use the most powerful attack it has which is RB+Back+B or R1+Back+0

thats what i did..just slam him full of exploding blades...lol...his life just dispears

Ash.

Girl Gamer
It's been two days. Usually I have no problem with even the hardest boss. I have tried to dodge. You know - bob and weave; tuck and roll. :p

I tried hard not to even look for a cheat or spoiler - I thought I was missing something. :wacko:

:) Signing off to go try again. Wish me luck.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Good luck. All it takes is a few tries to get used to him, or get used to Dante if this is your first Devil May Cry game;)

Ash.

Girl Gamer
Nevermind. I beat him this afternoon. I guess I was drinking the bong water a little too much or something.

:p Playing Nero - taking him on for the second time in the game. I've been a long time player of the games - so I know that once you "beat" something - it always comes back to bite you in the a-- um, I mean, rear later.

benxander

Divine Demon
I always find Agnus one of the easiest bosses for both Nero and Dante. I dunno why, its just cos he's so goofy, it fuels my very own Devil trigger i guess :p

I beat him on that Stairway To Heaven level in less than 2 minutes i think it was. I was on fire.

He reminds me very much of Beelzebub, dont you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom