• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Borderlands 2 Wimoweh Trailer

Dark Drakan

Admin
borderlands_2_logo.jpg
Gearbox have released a new trailer showing off plenty of carnage in their own unique way...
Borderlands 2 will be available on September 18th 2012 in North America and September 21st Internationally.

Demon619

Deadman walking
Ah Gearbox, only you could mix a fairly peaceful song and utterly chaotic gameplay in a mix that gets me even more hyped for your game (WTF is going on with Lilith? Oh and...Good god, you can summon two turrets now?!?).

Dark Drakan

Admin
Im surprised that no-one has tried to copy it either as with its brilliant drop in/out multiplayer and fully co-op story with RPG stats and levelling and loot and sort of MMO style open world its a gold mine of an unappreciated genre. I appreciate the pics too. ;)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Quite excited about the sequel now, one of the few games that when I buy it I already know some friends who will buy it on day 1 too which I can play co-op with.

Meg

Wel, you can play the game with other people. So, they will be able to see the customizations.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Wait, Borderlands 2 is 1st person view right ?
So what's the point of character creation & extra skins when you can't see your character. Or does MP have a 3rd person view option?

More for other peoples benefit id imagine and you do go into 3rd person when driving vehicles automatically which you do a lot and I think you can switch to 3rd person (I never did it though).

Dark Drakan

Admin
If you can't switch to 3rd person view then it's really a waste of adding character creation or customization.

Havent played it for years and I never use 3rd person view in games designed around 1st person (Skyrim/Oblivion/Fallout 3 good other examples) so im not sure if you could or couldnt switch at will in Borderlands. As its also built around co-op and multiplayer id imagine the customisation is more centered around how other people see you.

Dark Drakan

Admin
So dressing up your character for others.
Yea i so think it's still a waste of character customization lol.
If gamers themselves can't enjoy fully viewing the work that they put into customization than it's pointless.

To make yourself look different from other players, also as I customised the character id know how they looked anyway. So after that you would want to show off your character to others. Better the customisation is there rather than not having it, like I said you do go into 3rd person automatically sometimes.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Might take a look at that, I sometimes make fast decisions in the heat of the game and pick some skills that I dont need.

Dark Drakan

Admin
lol.
I'd max out my level then open it. But then you'd strong enough where you might not need what's inside lol.
I'd wait lol.

Yeah unless you wanted to start again with another character and im assuming they carry over to next profile. If not then wouldnt be much use getting the really good loot and then reaching the end of the game before you can have some fun with it. :lol:

Dark Drakan

Admin
Potential for some rather large pieces of DLC and interesting that they could work on more new characters other than the upcoming Mechromancer character. The game is already pretty damn long and lots of content in it so id be happy to see even more. Seems they learnt about what people enjoyed from Borderlands DLC packs too and are making more of them along those lines for Borderlands 2.

I got the game yesterday and havent played it for long but I can tell already im going to have some fun with it. Enjoying it on my own even and going to be so much better when I get around to playing with friends when ive levelled up a little and got some decent skills/weapons etc.

Dark Drakan

Admin
Havent had chance to get into playing any Borderlands 2 for some time, got to get my ass into gear and get back into it before im swamped by DLC every time I manage to get back on it.

Top Bottom