• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Blast Back (an episodic dungeonpunk adventure)

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So! Here we go! I've started to write an episodic story when I'm not working on my current novel, and I'd love to share it with all of you. If you're into dungeonpunk fantasy adventure, this might be right up your alley! Here's your plot synopsis!

A fantasy world is beset by an overpowering, world-shattering blast at the hands of an immortal sorcerer. However, the Blast doesn’t decimate the world, and instead throws anything caught in the chaos hurtling through time and space. Dylock was a warrior tasked with preventing the cataclysmic event, but after getting caught in the Blast himself, he is dropped a hundred years into the future, where the world has somehow been under the control of the sorcerer and his minions! With all of his friends aged, dead, or lost in time; and trapped in a hostile, futuristic land, Dylock must decide whether or not to continue his mission to set things right, and quite possibly revert the timeline.

I'd love to hear your thoughts, and build discussion with other readers here if you could. I hope you enjoy it!

Last edited:

EllDawn

Now I've read it. Probably the only problem I had with it, and not much of one, was the repetition of a few terms. Otherwise it's well written and fun to read. I think I'm more curious about what's going to happen with the boy Chorem rather than Dylock, but that could change since this is the first chapter. I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Haha, yeah...I think I know what you mean about repeated terms >.< It was a slight struggle when a majority of the people were bandits, had swords, or it was the old man doing fancy moves @_@

Glad you're interested! Don't forget to share it with your friends, really wanna get this one out there :laugh:

EllDawn

Haha, yeah...I think I know what you mean about repeated terms >.< It was a slight struggle when a majority of the people were bandits, had swords, or it was the old man doing fancy moves @_@

Glad you're interested! Don't forget to share it with your friends, really wanna get this one out there :laugh:
Yeah, I know how that is. It's something I tend to do, too.

I'll make sure I share it. I don't know how many people I can get to read it, but I'll share it on my facebook and twitter.

EllDawn

I hope it does help. Most of the people on my friends list seem to ignore my posts. I know of at least one that will probably read it. I'm just not sure if she'll share.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
So! I had someone tell me they liked Orvine as a character! I now feel slightly bad to have done that to him if the reader liked them :'(

EllDawn

So! I had someone tell me they liked Orvine as a character! I now feel slightly bad to have done that to him if the reader liked them :'(
Considering what he did, I wouldn't. lol. It's cool that you had someone tell you they liked him, though.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
After re-reading the chapter, I still liked th old man Din the most. I do think that he'll die eventually...
I'd like to learn more about how the world is set up, right now I'm getting more of Medival vibe from it, even though that might not be the case.
I do look forward to see how Dylock will develop,more so then with Chorem. I just hope there won't be to much time-skipping.
For the criticism (is that a word?), I think the fight scene was a little drawn out. It still added to the story and to Orvines character though and I really got the feeling he got what he deserved at the end.

To end this post, just a little something that got stuck in my head after reading:

My rendition of old man Din, in his fully bearded glory. It's not really spot on but I hope you like it^^

old_man_din_by_erian1mortal-d798nl2.jpg

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Heheh! That's the first time I've heard on this forum that a fight scene was too drawn out, haha! I'll try to keep it in mind for next time, thanks n.n I suppose I had a bunch of choreography that I wanted to hit, and I may have had too many bandits for him to deal with. Gotta remember that I can put a lot of choreography anywhere, not just in one scene :tongue:

I'm afraid that there will be a bit more time-skipping, but only to move forward through a bit more of Dylock and Chorem's lives. This is simply because there are only a few significant things pertinent to the story to address in their lives, while the rest of it is your day-to-day grind. I would love to do more with it, but I want to make sure that I move into the main plot soon enough, since I've all but mentioned that there's a Blast and that Dylock gets shot into the future because of it. I don't want people to lose interest waiting for that to happen :S

I hope you can forgive me of that :(

And that's a pretty good rendition of Din, actually! The mustache isn't so prominent, though, mostly just frames the sides of his mouth and blends into his chin scruff. Either way though, that's pretty awesome! Do you mind if I share it on my blog and such? You humble me good sir!

Erian1Mortal

Premium
Heheh! That's the first time I've heard on this forum that a fight scene was too drawn out, haha! I'll try to keep it in mind for next time, thanks n.n I suppose I had a bunch of choreography that I wanted to hit, and I may have had too many bandits for him to deal with. Gotta remember that I can put a lot of choreography anywhere, not just in one scene :tongue:

I'm afraid that there will be a bit more time-skipping, but only to move forward through a bit more of Dylock and Chorem's lives. This is simply because there are only a few significant things pertinent to the story to address in their lives, while the rest of it is your day-to-day grind. I would love to do more with it, but I want to make sure that I move into the main plot soon enough, since I've all but mentioned that there's a Blast and that Dylock gets shot into the future because of it. I don't want people to lose interest waiting for that to happen :S

I hope you can forgive me of that :(

And that's a pretty good rendition of Din, actually! The mustache isn't so prominent, though, mostly just frames the sides of his mouth and blends into his chin scruff. Either way though, that's pretty awesome! Do you mind if I share it on my blog and such? You humble me good sir!

Yeah, you've got a lot of story to tell I guess, so more choreography everywhere might be good, it could also have to do with english not being my first language (even though I think I'm pretty good at it).
With time skipping I meant a skip through the live of the characters, a few years every chapter, I think that would be overkill. Still looking forward to reading it!

Thanks for the kind words^^ And of course, feel free to share the artwork, there is more on the way (for Stairway to Heaven that is, and I have one more for Blast Back in mind).

Top Bottom