• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Black holes

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
There is nothing in the known physical universe that can travel at a velocity faster than the speed of light. Black holes are not traveling, their physical properties of attraction are stronger than the escaping capabilities of light. Basically, the more mass you have, the stronger the gravitational pull you exert. Black holes are so massive that not even light is fast enough to escape the pull.

Refer to the given equation...
G = Gravitational constant, 6.67*10^-11 m^3 kg^-1 s^-2
M = Mass of the object in question (the black hole)
R = Radius of the object in question (the black hole)

I went to Wikipedia to find the Mass and Radius of even the tiniest and weakest of black holes. The data: M = 7.34 * 10^22 kilograms
R= .0001 meters

Plugging it in will show you the velocity needed to escape the pull of its gravity....roughly around 3.2*10^8 m/s. The speed of light is 3*10^8 m/s. Note that the data of the black hole we used is the mass of the moon and .1 mm in radius..

So there you go

Saix

Devil's Advocate
Good calulations...

But what did that proove? You can't escape a black hole? I wanna see someone TRY and build one first... before we think about the fact that the physics equations say we can't escape?

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
I think it's proof that if we can harness this power, or create something simalar, we could achieve such speeds.

Vauxchen

The devoted
Premium
new form of power - tie a bungee to it and see how long it takes for it to snap =]

I would love to see a camera film inside a black hole, then come out the other side in a white hole lol or something

Evil Nero

or the gravitational pull of the black hole could suck Earth into it.

I think your referring to the one there making on Sweden on the tenth?

VI-Rainbow

Aya Brea
There is already a black hole in our galaxy that the earth is supposed to pass by in a couple of more years. They highly doubt the earth will be sucked in, but if we are close enough the poles will shift and the oceans MIGHT wash over certain areas of countries. Places such as Hawaii, Japan, or Cuba could be completely underwater. This isn't a definate thing, BUT it is a possibility. I'm not worried to be honest, but I will keep an eye on it. I guess we better learn how to swim if we live near ocean coasts.

Evil Nero, you wouldn't happen to be talking of the LHC? That thing is the least of our worries to be honest. I'm not sure why people are freaking out over that when the RHIC has been on in Upton, New York for years. The dangerous conditions the black hole in our galaxy will do to our planet (if we get close enough) will happen all in a day while any type of black hole in the LHC will take time to grow and do anything catastrophic.

Saix

Devil's Advocate
The calcs Bringer did suggest that the Sweden stuff is a bit of a worry. It means that a Black Hole with a radius of 0.001 metres can still suck in anything not moving faster than light...

We dont know yet its inner capacity I guess but eh. I personally am not worried. I don't think the calcs are relivent in some respect.

I know of a hole 24'000 light years away! I highly doubt japan or cuba are going anywhere

Top Bottom