• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bionic Commando

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
So, who`s looking forward to it? :D
I have my doubts, if i`m actually going to be able to play it on my system, looking at the Sys req`s of the game, it looks like something worse than GTA 4...(currently the highest sys req game)...
But i`m really hyped about it no matter what, loved the 2D game, so this is definatly going to kick @55

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Hehe, yeah, that game.
Well, the sys req`s arent what i was told they would be, ran pretty nicely, but the game needs an XBox gamepad. My dear lord, it`s impossible to play otherwise, well, not impossible, just annoying.

Keaton

Premium
I did initally want this game, but TBH my heart then moved to Prototype instead -- I like the idea of this game, alot, since I love the original; but I sadly set my mind on a Sandbox style game for the hero, shame.

Let me know what you think Devi about the general gameplay ^^

DeviRyuuD

Devilicious Devi
Hmm, well, i havent played it a lot, i`m going to buy an XBox controller first(since there are a lot of games that are better off played with the controller rather than mouse + keyboard), but from the glimpse of how much i played, the first mission where you get the bionic arm and tutorial - this is what i think:
1. Even though it has the *Plays best on ALIENWARE* <--- wtf, who buys those ---> logo, it ran pretty nicely on my 9600M GS on 1280x800 res, so there are no real problems with the engine, except that the PC version lacks graphics options menu. Motion Blur is highly irritating. It looks okay, but could use a bit of work.
2. *It`s not a spoiler, well, maybe a super small one that doesnt matter* The very first mission where you arrive to Ascension city is a tipical TPS. You got a gun but no bionic arm, meaning that you can only target and shoot. But it has a big problem with the target cursor, it`s just a big * O * so it`s a bit lame making perfect shots + there`s a small problem with the distances and your max ammo is limited to 48... sucks, if your cursor is a bit off, looking at the edge of a ledge, you won`t get to see what`s behind it, it`ll get blured right away.
After you get the Bionic arm it starts to get fun! As much as the tutorial shows, you can use it to swing over nasty debris and stuff, if you have somewhere to hook onto that is, you can use it to hook onto an enemy and make a flying kick just like in [Prototype] and lot`s more, it`s interesting.
The character is quite badass too, has some cheezy lines, but at least looks cool.
As i said, i haven`t played too much, i`m waiting to buy an XBox controller when i can and then i`ll give better info if needed. So, as much as i played - it looks interesting and definatly it`ll be more fun as you advance, but i seriously hate the shooting, as much as i can tell, you can carry 3 types of weapons...ONLY, and it`s more fun to kill people using melee + the hook thingy. You don`t have a health bar, at least i didn`t see one, so it`s pretty hard noticing that you`re going to die soon. It prolly uses the same method of warning when your health is low as Dark Sector, although i didn`t notice anything of the like...
In the end i can`t say weather it`s good or bad, but playing with a keyboard is suicide.
Edit: I forgot to mention there are *mission tags*? you can collect and prolly gain some bonuses like ammo, not too sure about this.
BionicCommandopic1.png

Top Bottom