• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Betrayal

majeh116

So we all know Vergil is going to stab Dante in the back and they will be enemies. I am curious why does everything he is going to do it? Power, Fed up with Dante? Thoughts?

Zarathustra

The Forsaken Offspring of Heaven and Hell
Uh...I would have thought it was obvious judging by the trailer that was originally put out. Considering it's a parallel universe setting, I think it's going to be along the lines of that he wants to kill Dante because he chooses to try and save Kat when everything starts going to ****. That's all I can gather right now

Dominus

I think it'd be an interesting twist if they were only half-brothers (Vergil's dad is Mundus), but than that'd make Eva a whore... sooo.... I could see Vergil maybe wanting to take dominion over the demon world once Mundus is defeated but Dante is like nope ("Vergil what were we fighting for then!!??")

DarkSlayer54

I don't think Vergil was stab Dante in the back at all.

I'm expecting them to have strongly different opinions, and at some point Dante will no longer agree with Vergil's objective thinking. They'll end up having a dispute, dante wins, they do it dante's way, plan falls apart, vergil sacrifices himself to save the plan by jumping into the demon world.
That's what i'm hoping for, at least.

KenKen

Gorram Browncoat
Maybe Vergil goes batshit at some point?
And he starts to prattle on about that whole "I MUST ALWAYS HAVE POWER" thing?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Difference of ideals. It sounds simple, but it never really is when you get down to it. We'll have to wait and see.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
Difference in perspective is part of it, I think. Vergil sees the big picture like any privileged general moving pieces across the board, but Dante's the bloody foot soldier down in the trenches, and doesn't care about lofty goals that require sacrificing the little people, like Kat.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I don't know how, but I feel like they get to the final part of killing Mundus and each have one of Dante's guns and Dante says "Remember what we use to say?" Vergil nodes, and suddenly Vergil shoots Dante in the head, and says "Jackpot."

From there Dante escapes and vowes to defeat him. thus the rest of the game.

Devil Player

Well, I guess they're staying true to the characters nature and personality.

If that's the case, both Vergil and Dante are different people with different goals.

The first sign of their conflict, is going to be when Kat is kidnapped. Dante wants to rescue her, while Vergil shows no interest, claiming that the world is more important.

Vergil needs Dante, because he knows that Dante is as powerful as him. With Dante's help, Vergil is going to overthrow Mundus, so he can control mankind and the planet. However, Vergil's problem is that Dante has no idea about his past, he lost his memory. So, Vergil must play safe, by helping Dante to discover himself and his power slowly...

I also notice that Vergil seems to act always "behind the scenes". It's always Dante who goes to do things, always Dante who risks himself by going to limbo. Vergil watches the fireworks, instead.

It's pretty simple, actually. Dante seals Mundus. Fragments of Mundus power still remain. Vergil asks Dante to conquer the world with him. Dante refuses, they fight. Mundus power is way too much strong for Vergil. Vergil then gets trapped in Limbo ad infinitum.

So then we'll have Vergil's downfall. Vergil's campaign will basically be Vergil trying to get out of Limbo, while plotting his revenge against Dante. After you complete his gameplay, he's free to either go after Dante or do something different. Regardless, this is a possible cliffhanger for a DmC 2...

That's about it. XD

Alittleacorn

Smile it confuses people
Do you remember in one of the recent previews, Vergil says to Dante on their first meeting "All war is fought with deception and you have been deceived," those words feel really foreshadowing. I'd bet you anything if Vergil does wind up betraying Dante, he'll bring those words up again, as if in a 'I told you so' manner.

I think it's likely Vergil using Dante like a chess piece and will lead him into a trap, much like how Cain lead Abel to his death; the children of Adam and Eve. I guess this, because if you go back to the Vergil's reveal trailer, he really does give Dante this sinister look as he walks ahead just after his "we have to put lives into each other's hands" speech, as if he's assuring Dante whatever goes down he's got his back.

I'm not sure why Vergil would do it though, sure it must be about power, but there has to be another reason why he'd be willing to kill his own brother. Unless it has to do with the weapons they inherited, or was it them being twins that their powers got split? (Because if Dante can only do devil trigger, can Vergil only do angel trigger?)

There still has to be more motive behind what Vergil's up to. Even though...I kind of wish he was a good guy :lol: I like him, and it kills me that every scene we see of him, Dante and Kat together, they look like such a happy bunch. But then you get Vergil pull a face like this:
tumblr_mf5msbKmOR1ryfipvo1_1280.jpg

And it's like he's thinking "it's all going to plan...bwahaha!"

Come on Vergil it's not too late, jump on the good guy wagon! :'( Don't kill your brother because he finished off the milk!

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
After Dante defeats Mundus, Vergil catches up to Mundus when he escapes and suddenly... STRIKES ON THE DEMON KING!

Mundus shocked to realize that Sparda had twin sons and Vergil will steal the remains of his powers for his own.

Dante realized from Kat that Vergil used him just to get Mundus' powers. Feeling betrayed for being a tool of his ambitions, Dante fights him in his full powers.

Dante stabs Vergil and tries to make him realize his mistakes and how Eva would think of what he's done. Realizing his mistakes, Vergil feels the only way to seal the Demon World portal and Limbo, is to seal himself and Mundus' power from the inside. Dante tries to stop him and save him, but Vergil uses his doppelganger to have him stay away.

nightrunner_ks

You are not in control
Do you remember in one of the recent previews, Vergil says to Dante on their first meeting "All war is fought with deception and you have been deceived," those words feel really foreshadowing. I'd bet you anything if Vergil does wind up betraying Dante, he'll bring those words up again, as if in a 'I told you so' manner.

I think it's likely Vergil using Dante like a chess piece and will lead him into a trap, much like how Cain lead Abel to his death; the children of Adam and Eve. I guess this, because if you go back to the Vergil's reveal trailer, he really does give Dante this sinister look as he walks ahead just after his "we have to put lives into each other's hands" speech, as if he's assuring Dante whatever goes down he's got his back.

I'm not sure why Vergil would do it though, sure it must be about power, but there has to be another reason why he'd be willing to kill his own brother. Unless it has to do with the weapons they inherited, or was it them being twins that their powers got split? (Because if Dante can only do devil trigger, can Vergil only do angel trigger?)

There still has to be more motive behind what Vergil's up to. Even though...I kind of wish he was a good guy :lol: I like him, and it kills me that every scene we see of him, Dante and Kat together, they look like such a happy bunch. But then you get Vergil pull a face like this:

And it's like he's thinking "it's all going to plan...bwahaha!"

Come on Vergil it's not too late, jump on the good guy wagon! :'( Don't kill your brother because he finished off the milk!

Not gonna lie his Amulet/Shirt combo makes him look like Nathan Drake from Uncharted

JessenReinhart

This is good, isn't it?
Differing ideas on how to save the world. Vergil probably thinks that the only way to save humanity is to prevent its own self-destruction through controlling them, and might controls everything.
And probably will hate humans in the process because of how foolish they are...

berto

I Saw the Devil

I'm more curious as to whether or not Dante is going to take that necklace from him.

KIRA

Maybe Vergil planned all this from the beginning. He couldn't slay the demon king alone and he needed his brother to succeed in doing it. And when he succeeds, he would fight his brother to take his powers. Because when they were born their powers got split and thus the one (Dante) would have more demonic powers and less angelic ones...so thats why he has a devil trigger...and the other one ( Vergil ) would have more angelic powers and less demonic....so thats why he has an angel trigger. So to become the mightiest and unstoppable being in the universe he would need his brother's power to be complete. Also we must take into consideration that Vergil remembers everything about the past...and Dante not...maybe this is what makes him so emotionless and thats why he needs more power...
vergil_face_thumb.jpg

Xamalo Noel

Well, vergil might disappear in the ending for some reason(after a fight with dante, not to death, just brother fight and he will leave because of that disagreement or to find something, pieces of power whatever), I know that this is an ''alternative universe'' but if you take DmC as canon to DMC , in the end of the second mission of DMC 3, Dante says something like ''It's been years since we last met'' , so it would imply that Vergil disappeared for some reason in the past, and if this DmC is the past(2 years before DMC 3)it would explain why he disappeared and some other stuff.

sorry if i don't make sense here, I pretty much suck at english and I can't express myself really well :blush:

Top Bottom