• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best trait in a person?

seraphmaycry

basically the title, what's the best thing for a person to have as far as you are care?

for me it's the motivation to fight, to try to change things, even on a small scale, i've actually changed myself based off somebody like this, i always have had strong opinions, but never done anything.

Maxman

They should be like Max Payne
Drinking Booz, Dual Wielding Guns,Smoking Cigs,Doing Shootdodging and speaking in Metaphors and have a high Mobster Body Count and fight for Good, Like I said, Max Payne :p

These are my Ideal Traits for an Ideal Person :p

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
A good, broad sense of humour; I'm a sucker for people who can laugh at pretty much anything, including themselves. I don't know what it is really, but I think, if someone is able to laugh at the horrors of their own past, it signifies to me that that person is strong, that they're taking power and control of their own lives.

It's hard to narrow it down to one aspect, though. If not a good sense of humour, someone with a balanced level of intelligence, someone who is open-minded.

Honestly though, I can get along with most anyone, provided we have a mutual respect for one another, even if we don't always agree.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Their ruthlessness.
tumblr_msc4idjo6k1s89mq8o1_500.gif

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
Intelligence. (Not the egotistical "I are better than the whoooooole world cuz I can add 2 and 2" kind, the quiet kind where everyone can tell the person is intelligent, but they don't let it get in the way of everything.)

Also a good personality. (I don't think someone has to be a good person to have a good personality and I don't think being able to tell a couple jokes means it, either. I think it's a combination of different traits and self-awareness/self confidence plus knowing when it's the right moment for certain things is (i.e. not cracking jokes when the person their talking to is trying to vent and hold a serious conversation. (This is starting to look like parentheception... :cautious:)).)

And...um...trustworthiness? Cuz, if you can't trust someone, what's the point in hanging around them? :bored:

Maxman

Lookin' for Ideal Traits you say ? Look at Charlie Sheen ! That man is just awesome !

*puts on sunglasses*

sunglasses.jpg

csi_yeah_skyline_RE_Justin_Bieber_gets_shot_s449x287_138348_580-s449x287-211859.jpg

:p

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
If male these:

Humor, charisma, not-ignorant (knowledgeable), not annoying, helpful, good at following orders, good at giving tips and ideas (orders), don't be a dick, and can put up with my bullsh!t. My ideal wingman.

If female:

Kind, caring, willing to try new and different things, accepting, supportive, cool, we have a lot in common, can put up with my bullsh!t (and I give females the most bullsh!t), *cough*asian*cough*, and looks (got to have one or two good features about you but if they have almost everything else I'll let it slide....I'm not that shallow). An ideal no a good enough girlfriend.

seraphmaycry

Intelligence. (Not the egotistical "I are better than the whoooooole world cuz I can add 2 and 2" kind, the quiet kind where everyone can tell the person is intelligent, but they don't let it get in the way of everything.)

Also a good personality. (I don't think someone has to be a good person to have a good personality and I don't think being able to tell a couple jokes means it, either. I think it's a combination of different traits and self-awareness/self confidence plus knowing when it's the right moment for certain things is (i.e. not cracking jokes when the person their talking to is trying to vent and hold a serious conversation. (This is starting to look like parentheception... :cautious:)).)

And...um...trustworthiness? Cuz, if you can't trust someone, what's the point in hanging around them? :bored:

what kind of intelligence? insightful and understanding? high IQ that allows them to solve complex math equations or memories that instantly encode complicated scientific methods and discoveries? not being subject to the masses and having their own opinion?

not trying to attack you here, the problem is that intelligent is just a rather vague comment, there's natural smart, earned smartness, and all sorts of ways you could be smart, I'm not dumb, I'm not a genius, please don't think I'm saying that, but I'd call myself intelligent in some way, and then there's maths, i just can't do numbers, the concept of numbers seems so abstract to me, take away numbers and hey, guess what, that group of three ducks you saw is still the exact same group of ducks, i understand the purpose maths serves, but i just can't comprehend the concept of numbers in itself, yet I'm not unintelligent.

Shadow

the horror was for love
Premium
what kind of intelligence? insightful and understanding? high IQ that allows them to solve complex math equations or memories that instantly encode complicated scientific methods and discoveries? not being subject to the masses and having their own opinion?

not trying to attack you here, the problem is that intelligent is just a rather vague comment, there's natural smart, earned smartness, and all sorts of ways you could be smart, I'm not dumb, I'm not a genius, please don't think I'm saying that, but I'd call myself intelligent in some way, and then there's maths, i just can't do numbers, the concept of numbers seems so abstract to me, take away numbers and hey, guess what, that group of three ducks you saw is still the exact same group of ducks, i understand the purpose maths serves, but i just can't comprehend the concept of numbers in itself, yet I'm not unintelligent.

To be honest, I value intelligence of any kind, be it street smarts, common sense, emotional intelligence, or logical intelligence. =) *didn't take it as an attack* I'm not good with numbers, myself, but I also would consider myself to be very intelligent. It's just in a different way than some people would normally categorize it.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
Respectful, open minded, and not willfully stupid. With these qualities, we can do business.

I can tolerate most things, but if a person isn't respectful, won't be tolerated five minutes. As some people on this site have probably figured out.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
You said ''what's the best thing'', so I suspected you meant only a singular aspect of a person. But as that's not the case, I'd say:

Intelligence. As was said, not the kind of intelligence of ''look at me, I've got an IQ of 130''. I mean a good grasp of logic (yes, I see the irony in that, considering my name). Oh, and not letting foolish emotions take over like paranoia or hate towards a person due to seeing a Hollywood movie that slandered that person. Seriously, my brother watched a Hollywood movie about Sarah Palin (made by Democrats, of course) that apparently made her out to be a bad person in general. He took this as fact even though he knows nothing. I lean towards the Democrats much more than the Republicans too, but that's no reason to start believing everything they say. It's also moronic to just believe a Hollywood movie unconditionally.

Open-mindedness. Is that even a word?

Tolerance
, not necessarily respect. I don't expect people to respect religion or anything silly like that - to be honest, I don't. I can't respect murder in the name of Allah or any other extreme things the Qur'an says. But you shouldn't badger people constantly about it. Let them be.

Trustworthiness. Obvious. Without this, nothing else works.

Individuality. Not letting others tell them what to do, or changing clothes based on 'what's en vogue' like some sheep. The strength to be themselves.

A sense of humor doesn't even make the list, and I feel it's overrated nowadays. People looking for men who have no depth to them except in their humor. So many people are looking for... well... funny men with huge muscles. So shallow... it's like some kind of bad romcom. Anyway, that was pretty much it.

Last edited:

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Hm, a best trait you say? Well I like people who have a sense of humour. I only have 5 senses, plus my sixth sense. That's right, I see dead people. It's called going to a cemetery. Not that you actually see anyone dead there, just the tombstone. But you still know what that means. I mean I never really understood the phrase six feet under. Nobody has six feet, I've only got two. And if you do have six feet then the nearby shoe shop must love you.

Anyway, slowly moving on. A good understanding of every day life and how things work. I guess someone who has a common sense but is also just that little bit smart. And people that see themselves as equal to everyone else, for we all are. So yeah, all jokes aside just that really.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
For me, it depends on the person. :/
Probably the best answer on this thread.

It sounds... for a lack of a better term, 'wishy-washy', but makes the most sense due to the more... pragmatic way people need to be seen, as opposed to how people want to see them.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
Probably the best answer on this thread.

It sounds... for a lack of a better term, 'wishy-washy', but makes the most sense due to the more... pragmatic way people need to be seen, as opposed to how people want to see them.

If you find pragmatism to be the most important thing in this case. I don't, really. It's not necessary to be friends with everyone, or to just accept how people treat you or how they act. One certain saying goes that 'you can choose your family' (I know the saying is you can choose your friends but not your family, but I disagree with that). Similarly, you can choose your friends/love interests, based on what values you find vital.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
humor and personality for me.I am very giddy at heart and find pretty much everything funny.I am so bad i laugh at the most inappropriate times and places and i can‘t stop myself.The harder i try ti stop the more i get into hysterics laughing til i can‘t breath.I love having a good laugh and some banter and all my friends are like this and so is my wife to be.

Meg

If you find pragmatism to be the most important thing in this case. I don't, really. It's not necessary to be friends with everyone, or to just accept how people treat you or how they act. One certain saying goes that 'you can choose your family' (I know the saying is you can choose your friends but not your family, but I disagree with that). Similarly, you can choose your friends/love interests, based on what values you find vital.
All I'm saying is that I don't want to say what the universal best trait in all people is. For one person, it might be that they work hard. For another person, it could be their intelligence. Or sense of humor. Or how nice they are. The best trait in a person changes from person to person.

Now that I think of it, people are so complex that saying one trait is way better than all their others is silly.

Enigma

Crimson Sentinel
All I'm saying is that I don't want to say what the universal best trait in all people is. For one person, it might be that they work hard. For another person, it could be their intelligence. Or sense of humor. Or how nice they are. The best trait in a person changes from person to person.

Now that I think of it, people are so complex that saying one trait is way better than all their others is silly.

Well, this is about your personal, subjective views, not objective: your views on what traits are the most important for people to have, regardless of what those people are already like. We're imagining blank slates of people here, and saying what traits are the most important for us to get along with them and vice versa.

So I see your point, but what I'm saying is not the same as saying ''Mary's best trait is her funniness'', because that's choosing the best trait out of all the traits a person already has. She might not even be that funny, but it might be her best trait nonetheless. It's a qualification, while my views are not qualifications. For me, humor is the least important aspect of a person, while a sense of morality, and intelligence, are important. It's not about how 'good' a person's trait is or which is their best one, it's about which traits we find the most important for people to have.

Damn, this is hard to explain. :tongue:

Last edited:
Top Bottom