• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Best of the Best

What determines the Best DMC 4 Player

• Bloody Palace Top Score

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Overall Points Leader in Every Difficulty

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Sweet Combo Vids

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Top Score in Most Missions

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters

xX_KILLJOY_Xx

Uncomebackable
Devil May Cry is an awesome game that lets each individual player develop their own personal style and method for taking down enemies and Bosses. The scoring system allows for a highscore for overall and per mission, but the scoring method may not be an accurate way to tell who is the Best at the Game. My question is What is the best way to determine the Best DMC 4 player; is it vids, overall score, bloody palace score? I play on the 360 and I can't even compare my scores to PS3.

If some one could post the overall highscores for PS3 H, DH, SoS and DMD I would appreciate it.

aka958

Don't trust people
bloody palace score by far! why you ask... well in the bloody palace you meet the worst enemy combination and harder to make strategies... easy... the dmd is easier to get all S on than the bloody palace top score...

evilweevle

personally i feel that the best display of skill comes from the combo videos that are posted on the internet, as the best players havce split second reactions, and a deep understanding of how the fighting mechanic works.

unfortunatly the combo ranking system cannot factor in such things as visual flair, only really variation in moves, and as many of us know, it isnt that hard to simply cycle through the range of moves over and over again,whereas a move such as a rising dragon, followed by repeated kicks with jump cancelling(on a midair opponent) from gilgamesh, looks absolutely awesome, and is extremely difficult to do, will only reward minimal style points as it is basically a very quick repetition of a single move, which will obviously not yield as many style points as a less spectacular (but more varied)moveset.

so while the combat grading is good, it still isnt perfect.

but then again the problem with relying on vids is that there is the possibility of a man living in a cave (with electricity of course) who is the most amazing player you will ever see, yet will never post vids on the net (because he doesnt have a PC you see? the same goes for the scoreboards as well.

and ive seen some total dog**** DMC4 vids get 5 star ratings on the likes of youtube as well, so some of the better players may not have the means to post their scores/vids for all to see.

evilweevle

Bringerofchaos;91123 said:
Try getting a S on every mission. That's what make's you good.

iv got that already but my skills pale in comparison to some of the vids ive seen. getting an S rank in human mode is more difficult cos the enemies die b4 you can get high combo ratings on them!

DarkSlayer.

INSANE BUFFOON!!!
Of the choices given, i'd say bp. Though i do like a good combo vid. Some of that stuff is just plain difficult to do. But the players are usually only focusing on one enemy. That doesn't really show skill. It shows creativity IMO. Streaking your way through BP nearly unscathedo_O... now thats talent.:D

Stylish Nereezy

the lone soul reaper
DarkSlayer.;91142 said:
Of the choices given, i'd say bp. Though i do like a good combo vid. Some of that stuff is just plain difficult to do. But the players are usually only focusing on one enemy. That doesn't really show skill. It shows creativity IMO. Streaking your way through BP nearly unscathedo_O... now thats talent.:D

i agree.... no damage in DMC is my ultimate goal

evilweevle

DarkSlayer.;91152 said:
yeah ive s ranked dantes missions and i SUCK with dante. I haven't given him the time of day... yet anyway.

iv just started experimenting with dante and changing his styles etc mid combo, ive yet to finish bloody palace with dante but iv done it with nero with about 25 mins on the clock.

when you see amazing combos with dante that change styles every few seconds that is real skill, but then combo counter doesnt really acknowledge that, so the score boards cant be seen as a true measure in skill.

i placed number 33 in the UK on my 1st BP playthrough! im good but im not that good!

xX_KILLJOY_Xx

Uncomebackable
Officially am the current overall points leader in every difficulty H, DH, SoS, and DMD for the 360. I am retiring from this game now (fingers bleeding lol). Wish the best to all and have fun being SSS.

Best part about this game is devoping your own style, so don't be scared to try new things. Good Luck till DMC 5:D

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
rhys423;91144 said:
i have done that.. but i aint good at all
On EVERY difficulty? It's not how much you fight it's how you fight. I play like I'm playing a game of checkers(LOL)I think several moves ahead of the enemy. Then it come's down to what kind of gamer you are period, if your already badass then being more badass wont be a problem.

In my(short)time of playing DMC4 and getting an S in every mission on EVERY difficulty going back the only mode that can hold a candle to me is DmD. I kill all bosses on Human, Devil hunter, and sons of sparda most of the time takeing no damage. I see their move's...dodge them and respond with deadly force. This is kinda hard to say but in a way all of this make's you a better gamer.

Then also that game may not be your cup of tea. Like me and Halo, I can't beat legendary.

Bloody palace isnt even all that hard. All of the enemies have their Devil hunter health. Then you can just spam attacks and beat it...actually simply makeing it to the end will almost guarantee you an S. This is not the case with getting an S on every mission on every difficulty. You fvck up one category and it effects the rest.

Playing to get an S on every mission on DmD not only tests how quick you can do it but if you can do it without dieing and getting top stylish points.

For instance look at this.

Time:00:11:09 S

Stylish points: 7650 A

Orbs(90%)A

Devil hunter rank S

Sometimes you may get an S A A and not get an S because the A's are to low and it wont average to an S. Or on higher difficulties you may need to get more points or even use clear it quicker.

To S every mission all difficulties takes more thinking and skill to do, because of the requirements constantly changeing.

And you already know that I'm one Bad Mother ****er:p

xX_KILLJOY_Xx

Uncomebackable
S on every mission is pretty easy in this game compared to DMC 3 or the original. Try SSS no item no damage on every mission. Once you have dmd down the rest are cake. And no spamming in BP. Its the best place to develop your style.

evilweevle

xX_KILLJOY_Xx;91507 said:
S on every mission is pretty easy in this game compared to DMC 3 or the original.

yea i agree i actually got an S rank on most DMD missions on my first go. the scoring criteria is much more lenient than DMC3 as i dont think i ever got an A or an S rank for damage taken on that game!

i still dont think the score boards are the best way to judge skill though.

out of curiosity X killjoy X how many hours have you been playing and do you have any personal combo vids at all? im currently on 102 hours and get the **** taken big time from all my mates (they reckon DMC is a button basher! the fools)

xX_KILLJOY_Xx

Uncomebackable
Your friends have no clue to what this game is about. I don't have any personal vids yet but I am working on getting some started. Best advice I can give for combos is every move has a purpose and finding its purpose is the challenge. As for your buddies, have them play DMD or even SOS and see if they can button mash their way through it.

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
xX_KILLJOY_Xx;91507 said:
S on every mission is pretty easy in this game compared to DMC 3 or the original. Try SSS no item no damage on every mission. Once you have dmd down the rest are cake. And no spamming in BP. Its the best place to develop your style.
Yeah I did notice that...I always got A's and S's in dmc3 I never could get a S on every mission.

Black Angel

Semper Fidelis
My, humble opinion, is that the matter should be decided by a
series of one-on-one devilhunter vrs devilhunter battles.

Sword to sword decides who Is best!!!!!!!

But DMC dosn't have a pvp feature...

Oh well, I think you should just have fun with it, who cares
if you can get S rank on all missions? I have more fun playing at
my own pace and getting A's and B's

evilweevle

considering this thread is dicussing how to gauge who is the best player, S ranking all missions is a pretty good way to judge. some people play for fun and still get S ranks

-B.(o).C-®

涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱 SOS団
Those people my friend are just some bad mother****ers.

Me being one of them.

Or your just a prodigy.

Top Bottom