• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

best controls for nero?!

maSu

some friends and me tried to get better in DMC4 ^_^ so we can do now more things @same time, get max-act bit more often ...

so we try to charge neros gun whenever its possible.

But there is one problem:

we're using standard-config as on X-Box, so we cant charge the gun while(!) jumping and fighting with sword.

We tried some different control-settings, like changing some buttons:

pistol<->deviltrigger was best solution, but its very hard to play with (my) big hands. i cant use 2 fingers for 2 shoulder-buttons :(

what are your favorite settings to be able to do nearly everything?!

Koemi

half-breed
I use PS3 and I used the default config - can do Max-act most of the time, charge3 and use bringer (snatch) together too. JC is okay. the only thing i can't do is when Nero is DTing, try do to that cross-slash thing + charge BR at the same time ;)

evilweevle

I too used to struggle with the default controls when it comes to using your sword at the same time as charging the blue rose (and found using the snatch/devil bringer moves extremely difficult)

so i changed the gun shooting button to the right trigger (R2 on a ps3) and while it does take a bit of getting used to when youre targeting enemies and charging at the same time ( i always forgot which finger to remove for the target lock) i can now charge the blue rose all the time, as well as using sword combos, buster moves, and max-act in fluid combos which makes things a lot easier ( i found bloody palace a breeze once i changed the control setup)

i guess if your hands are too big for both fingers to be on one side of the pad you could just put one on the other side, but i find using one of the shoulder buttons for shoot is the best solution by far.

Tama

wat
I use the default controls.
I tried to change it up a little bit so I can charge up the gun once in a while. I switched the devil trigger and the gun buttons. NOT THE BEST IDEA. So I stick to the default, for now at least.

Onkel Cannabia

I just switch shooting to RT and it made a huge difference. I use the middle finger to charge BR and my pointing finger for aiming. I don't use that for shooting though, doesn't seem to make a difference.

I found that it actually makes the game a lot easier. Constantly charging BR is a huge advantage!

Top Bottom