• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Believeable as twins

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Well yea, there are twin actors/ actresses, but sometimes just twins aren't enough, so pitch your believeable pairs for the sparda twins, can either be too late for the role or too soon for the role.

I'll start,

1. Ian Somerhalder and Wes Bentley
c27adb9d-bce6-47f4-970f-f3d376a521b8-AP_4th_Annual_Beyond_Hunger___A_Place_at_the_Table__Gala.JPG

30334be7496024cbb732d17f8aa8a014.jpg

2. Dylan O Brien and Logan Lerman
dylan-obrien-american-assassin.jpg

Eh0eR4MXgAI8uvO.jpg

Now, i have some other actors in mind like Josh Hartnett and Nikolaj Coster Waldau, but i can't find their look alike.. Anyway, pitch yours

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Dylan and Cole Sprouse are the only ones that come to mind.

But they tend to be a joke choice that would work more if you start with DmC as a prequel to the classic series.

I liked Joe and Finn Cole for DmC Dante and Vergil. But they are cousins not twins.

I always pictured Dante and Vergil as older characters so it better if you leaned into that. It would also help Nero out alot.

Last edited:

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
Got anybody who're younger? Like 15-19? 20/29?
I'm too old to know younger ones.. Like hundreds of years old..

Dylan and Cole Sprouse are the only ones that come to mind.

But they tend to be a joke choice that would work more if you start with DmC as a prequel to the classic series.

I liked Joe and Finn Cole for DmC Dante and Vergil. But they are cousins not twins.

I always pictured Dante and Vergil as older characters so it better if you leaned into that. It would also help Nero out alot.

Oooohh.. I like this Finn guy, knew from Slaughter Houze Rules. And from my view, they kinda believable as twins. Not liking the Sprouses that much, they're too happy looking.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm too old to know younger ones.. Like hundreds of years old..

Oooohh.. I like this Finn guy, knew from Slaughter Houze Rules. And from my view, they kinda believable as twins. Not liking the Sprouses that much, they're too happy looking.
There's also Shawn and Aaron Ashmore but I don't know if I'd buy them as Dante and Vergil. Plus they often don't act in the same projects so who knows.

Finn and Joe are good picks. I don't mind dropping the identical twin angle for the reboot. The games don't really use it that much and 5 kinda drops it.

If it came out 20 plus years ago, I would just use the guys who did the ghost twins from the Matrix.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I've said it before. It's the digital age. Considerations such as these are no longer an excuse to not have them be twins. One actor can, and have, play multiple roles, even inaction scenes. Jet Li did it, though it wasn't particularly impressive to look at at the time, but even back then there were movies where one actor played both twins. Shawn Williams Scott, Lindsey Lohan, Nicolas Cage, Paul Rudd, Michael Keaton, JK Simmons and whoever else, all played either twins or clones or alternate reality versions of themselves, and it's getting more seamless.

If you really want the novelty of having twins play the roles, sure, but it's not something you're bound to.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Not for nothing, but do you really need them to be twins?

Of all the times to take liberties in an adaptation this is it. Not to mention the pair don't even look identical in 5 anyways.

Top Bottom