• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

BEHOLD THE PS4!!!

How does it look?

• Better than the Xbone

Votes: 16 76.2%
  • It looks like Sh*t

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Worst than the Xbox One

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Its looks AMAAAZIIIINNGGG!!

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • WTF is this?

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I don't like the look of the console, but hey, it's not all about looks is it? It's how it performs... *giggety*

It's certainly looking that I'm going to get the PS4... just not on release. But there are no launch games that grab me...
So it's not backwards compatible with the PS3, but what about ps2 and ps1 games (or will I have to download them all again)?

Why not just keep your ps3 :/

Sony said you could stream ps3 games through Gaikai. No word on ps1 and ps2 classics yet.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I preferred the overall Xbox conference & it had more games that interested me but Sony did grab my attention with the lower price & less restrictions. Basically Sony didnt really have to do anything to get gamers to come to them. They simply had to play the 'we arent evil' card & say they are doing the opposite to the controversial things Microsoft have announced. Though they half back tracked on the DRM statements they made previously after saying it would have NO restrictions they now say it will be up to the publishers. If they want to put DRM measures on their games then Sony wont stop them doing so. Overall it was mostly smart wording & business techniques (waiting for Microsoft to slip up then countering) which has exposed Microsofts inexperience in the console gaming market.

So at the moment im still on the fence as I have a 360 (wont be starting my account from scratch) and I preferred the games that have been shown on the Xbox One but I prefer the console ideas of the PS4 so far. I wont purchase either on release as I gave up buying consoles at launch after so many price drops etc straight after I have bought them. I will make my decision when the game back catalogues start filling up after release & we know every detail about the consoles & their features are set in stone.

CheeseKao

Lord Cheesington
I will make my decision when the game back catalogues start filling up after release & we know every detail about the consoles & their features are set in stone.

That reminds me of what Jim Sterling said.

"I don't care for big launch lineups. I want longevity, not an early ejaculation."

Funny way of putting it but yeah, I'll also be taking a wait and see approach but I'll more than likely buy it if they continue what they are doing with the PS3.

Dark Drakan

Admin
That reminds me of what Jim Sterling said.

"I don't care for big launch lineups. I want longevity, not an early ejaculation."

Funny way of putting it but yeah, I'll also be taking a wait and see approach but I'll more than likely buy it if they continue what they are doing with the PS3.

As good of a point as ive seen anyone make yet, im not into this company bias or slating another. I will merely pick the one that best suits my gaming needs/desires & leave the other to its devices. I dont see the point in throwing hate at companies, I disagree with some policies that have been mentioned but not going to start slamming companies for business decisions. Anything can happen from now until release & over the next console lifetime.

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
to start it will be ps3 but they said all playstation games so all the way from 1-3
Really?! That is a awesome news!:D I'm so glad I don't have to have my PS3 and PS2 and a PS4 all crowding around my TV. I've been waiting for Sony to realise people still love their old games, but don't always have the space for a lot of consoles by their TV.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
Gotta say I don't like the design, at all. >_< But a console is not about design, it's about gaming, so, as long as it works well and has exclusives that I like... PS4 surely! Especially if I can use it to play my old PS 2 and 3 games...
Although I'll wait a little before buying it, until the price gets down a bit. Consoles and games are expensive.... :(

Rayl

Pain and pleasure... I've got it all.
Honestly though I don't care about the design. As long as it plays good and doesn't look pink, I'm game. I''m just glad there's restrictions on this one, and it's cheaper.

What's wrong with pink?
emotcolbertl.gif
i'mjokingiwouldn'twantapinkconsoleeither.

I don't like the look of the console, but hey, it's not all about looks is it? It's how it performs... *giggety*

23875236.jpg

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Why not just keep your ps3 :/

Sony said you could stream ps3 games through Gaikai. No word on ps1 and ps2 classics yet.

I would, but it's so much easier to have a backwards compatible consoles then you don't have consoles all over the place :3

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I would, but it's so much easier to have a backwards compatible consoles then you don't have consoles all over the place :3
Yeah, I almost cannot see my TV screen anymore, hidden behind all those consoles (and the piles of DVDs and games...)>_<

Top Bottom