• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta Voice Actors

Sparda™

Devil Bane;199143 said:
^Who knows and frankly who cares.It's not everyday that you get a stylish action game.By breaking the monopolizing-in-this-gaming-area-game called DMC and start another games in that particullar gaming category is a good sighn,even if it is from the people behind the first title of that gaming area.We can only hope that other gaming developers follow their examples so that we,as gamers,will see more games of that genre.

"And no, he's not free to put ideas wherever he wants to, especially when those ideas belong to another company. In capitalism and in the big worldwide market, ideas are sold and newer ones are needed. That's how the world goes around nowadays."

That's why revolutionaries and communists exist.To change the world to be better.And smack capitalism in the face.For now we endure.

And let's face it ideas belong to the person who thought of them,no matter how much ink and paper a company or any one else beside the one thought them can hold them down.Sure you can "trademark" your ideas in a company but that means nothing apart from the ability to sue you if you use "their idea".Besides,why not give a nod to players of DMC that,"Hey guys,we still exist,and we'll continue making games,even if they fired us."

I see what you're trying to say and I don't want DMC to be the only of its genre, nor to monopolize It.

I just don't want a DMC clone.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Oh that's prefectly acceptible,but hey it's been veery long since Kamiya/directed/planned a game.So if they make a Bayonetta sequel or make make a new Stylish action game,i'm sure there will be much less similarities to DMC.After all they've innactive for what...4 years before Madworld and Bayonetta?[Mikami and Kamiya i mean.]

Sparda™

I dunno about Bayonetta really. I guess I'll see how this game progresses and look more about It.

For now though, It's just a clone.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Yup,it was 4 years.But by your post i assume,you haven't played it or you don't own a system to play it[either XBOX360 or PS3]?

Sparda™

Devil Bane;199153 said:
Yup,it was 4 years.But by your post i assume,you haven't played it or you don't own a system to play it[either XBOX360 or PS3]?

Played the demo at a friend's PS3.

I don't own a console.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Just a question... was Platinum (who made Bayonetta) established after Capcom closed down Clover? (Clover did Okami and Viewtifil Joe i think)

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Yup,roughly 2 years after that.All the former clover guys and some other Capcom employees that got kicked,are platinum Studios.Then they made a contract about making 4 games for SEGA.One is madworld,the other Bayonetta,this DS game and a new game that Shinji Mikami will direct and has the original idea etc.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
[ModRage]
How odd that a discussion on voice actors has turned into yet another "BAYONETTA IS A DMC CLONE!!!!!1111SHIFTONEONEONEELEVEN!!!!!" rant.

Again Sparda, yes yes, we get it, you don't like Bayonetta, in that case, would you kindly keep your opinion to yourself in a thread that's discussing something you dislike? It was cool to hate on games when Yahtzee did it first, but now, it's boring to hear someone spout bile and relentlessly bitch about how they don't like a particular game.

Seriously now, if you don't like Bayonetta, perhaps then...And brace yourself for this one, it might be a bit mind blowing...Don't comment on a thread about it?

[/ModRage.]

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
[Scared zhiitlessinmapantz mode]
Ahhhhhhh,the rage,gotta run
[/Scared zhiitlessinmapantz mode]

forgot to add that Platinum's 4rth game has YET to be revealed.Wonder what could it be?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Naaaaaah...that's already announced for next year[obvious lie].Still,no.If it is a Bayonetta,it will probably be by Kamiya.[Though we lack Stylish Action games at the PSP.AAAAARRRGGGHHH.]Since it's Mikami,i'm guessing something along the lines of RE,Dino Crisis or even Godhand.

Keaton

Premium
In regards to the topic... I feel the VA's did a great job in their roles, which is refreshing with all the truly bad acting out there.

Personally I like all the nod's to previous/related games.
Even if the games are only related by association, I feel its more of a compliment than a 'steal'. Afterall, the game gives nods to many titles, titles that are fantastic. I feel personally that it is almost 'crediting' them for opening the path for the game itself. Afterall, without the games that are 'mentioned' ie. DMC, we wouldn't have Bayonetta.

There are lines, moves, forms and moments that are true nods to other game series, but the game still stands strong on its own. I personally like it that it reminds me in places at moments of other great games that I have played. Viewtiful Joe for example, his Red-Hot-Kick is in this game, its a nice nod, no more no less if you ask me ;)

Now, before this topic goes waaaay off, perhaps a Bayonetta thread would be in order for 'General Bayonetta Discussion'. Especially since it sounds like it will be quite prominent. ^^

Zato-OW

King
Keaton;199203 said:
In regards to the topic... I feel the VA's did a great job in their roles, which is refreshing with all the truly bad acting out there.

Even if the games are only related by association, I feel its more of a compliment than a 'steal'. Afterall, the game gives nods to many titles, titles that are fantastic. I feel personally that it is almost 'crediting' them for opening the path for the game itself. Afterall, without the games that are 'mentioned' ie. DMC, we wouldn't have Bayonetta.

There are lines, moves, forms and moments that are true nods to other game series, but the game still stands strong on its own. I personally like it that it reminds me in places at moments of other great games that I have played. Viewtiful Joe for example, his Red-Hot-Kick is in this game, its a nice nod, no more no less if you ask me ;)

Now, before this topic goes waaaay off, perhaps a Bayonetta thread would be in order for 'General Bayonetta Discussion'. Especially since it sounds like it will be quite prominent. ^^

This is actually a good idea.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Chaos Master;199110 said:
It's a very good game. You should play it. It is kinda similar to DMC combos, but a lot of the combos are easily executed because there are 2 melee attack buttons. Some of the moves are similar to Dante's moves, one of Bayonetta attacks are similar to Dante's Stinger, except that it can be executed on air. There are even secret 'Verses' like DMC series of Secret Missions. All of Bayonetta's weapons have names. The storyline is easy to understand, but some parts of it you need to read in the internet or other sources. The game is really good, and I give it a score of 9.5/10.0.

Voice actors will decide whether they will be credited in a game or not, some of the voice actors are in a union, or non-union. If a union, the voice actors will be properly credited. If non-union, they can choose whether they are credited or not, but oftenly they will use fake names to be credited. So it is their choice whether they want to be credited or not.

Platinum Games are developers of Bayonetta, and the mebers of the developers are popular people who have worked with Capcom before, so DMC references are not avoidable, but appreciated.

Among the members of Platinum Games are:

Shinji Mikami - The man behind of Biohazard (Resident Evil) series. The director of Resident Evil 4, God Hand, Dino Crisis, Resident Evil, and Resident Evil Remake. Also the executive producer of Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 0, Dino Crisis 2, and of course Devil May Cry. Producer of Resident Evil Code: Veronica and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, game producer of Resident Evil 2 and advisor for Onimusha: Warlords.

Atsushi Inaba - Former CEO of Clover Studios, and later works with Platinum Games. Best known for his work in Viewtiful Joe series, God Hand, and Mad World.

Masami Ueda - One of the main composers of Resident Evil series, and also composed the first Devil May Cry soundtrack. He also the main composer of Bayonetta soundtrack.

Hideki Kamiya - The man behind the first Devil May Cry game. He is the director of Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Okami, and Bayonetta.

With all these guys working on Bayonetta, especially Hideki Kamiya and Shinji Mikami, why is it strange that there are some references of Devil May Cry in the game, or used DMC lines? We as DMC gamers should be proud at least that there are games took some of DMC lines or stuffs, which may be because of DMC series popularity. If you think Bayonetta is a rip off of DMC or a lame female version of Devil May Cry, don't bother playing it. Play other games. Otherwise, try and playing it.

Keaton;199203 said:

My sentiments exactly. :)

Top Bottom