• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta Voice Actors

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Here is the confirmed voice actors for Bayonetta. It is hard to find the information about the voice actors for the incredible game, but it maybe due to them to be non union actors, or maybe something. It is to be noted that there are NO voice actors listed in the credits.

1. Bayonetta - Hellena Taylor

Known for voicing a character in R.O.D series, and now as Bayonetta. God, her voice is awesome.

http://hellenataylor.com/reel_voice.html

2. Jeanne - Grey DeLisle

Popularly known for voicing characters in many U.S cartoons, such as Scooby Doo series as Daphne Blake, and as Jeanne in Bayonetta.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_DeLisle

3. Luka - Yuri Lowenthal

Needless to say, one of the most popular voice actor. Known for his roles in many animes and video games.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuri_Lowenthal

4. Rodin - Khary Payton

Don't know much about him, but his voice acting as Drebin in Metal Gear Solid 4 is really good.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Khary_Payton

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Huh, thanks for that, had been wondering who voiced Bayonetta for a while now, and she voiced Zorin Blitz of Hellsing too, now I'm just trying to work out who she voiced for Dragon Age.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Thanks... i asked on the forum a while ago, and no one had a clue.
It's sad they're are 'uncredited' in the game.

Keaton

Premium
Although some people have claimed that the VA is off in Bayonetta, I would disagree. I think it was perfect truly, perfect ^^ There weren't any badly spoken lines in the game, some cheesily written ones maybe ^^

Heh, flock off feather face :D

EDIT: THAT's why I recognized Luka, he's from Ben10 Alien Force as Ben ^^
Wow, I'll never watch that in the same way again lol

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Keaton;198949 said:
Although some people have claimed that the VA is off in Bayonetta, I would disagree. I think it was perfect truly, perfect ^^ There weren't any badly spoken lines in the game, some cheesily written ones maybe ^^

Heh, flock off feather face :D

EDIT: THAT's why I recognized Luka, he's from Ben10 Alien Force as Ben ^^
Wow, I'll never watch that in the same way again lol

Love that line from DMC1 too, and the way Bayonetta said is bad ass.:D

I agree, all voice actors did great job in the game. Cheesy lines, yes, but a lot of games have those lines and they are successful.:)

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Shoot, I think I'm going to become anti-Bayonetta before ever touching the game. Not crediting the VA is disgraceful, seriously.
And the lines...the lines... OMFW! It's a total rip-off of DMC from where I'm standing.

Has anyone played the game yet? How similar is it to DMC combos? They don't have names for her arsenal as well, do they? :( What's the story line? And again, has anyone played the game yet? How good is it, from a gamer perspective and not a fanboy/fangirl view?

Zato-OW

King
clairavance;199089 said:
Shoot, I think I'm going to become anti-Bayonetta before ever touching the game. Not crediting the VA is disgraceful, seriously.
And the lines...the lines... OMFW! It's a total rip-off of DMC from where I'm standing.

Has anyone played the game yet? How similar is it to DMC combos? They don't have names for her arsenal as well, do they? :( What's the story line? And again, has anyone played the game yet? How good is it, from a gamer perspective and not a fanboy/fangirl view?

Its like a mixture of Viewtiful Joe,DMC,Okami and God Hand. Well the game play.

http://i46.tinypic.com/a78tc.jpg

Hehehe

The game is very good imo. The combat is probably the best ever so far in this genre. The cut scenes are pretty good too, that of DMC stature. The characters are all cool, my favorite is Rodin and Luka. The story is bleh, nothing special. If you can sit through DMC's story then you can sit through this one.
The issue with the story is that very little makes sense in the cut scenes so they give you these booklets to read to fill in the blanks.

A lot of unlockables and the difficulty is pretty hard. The bosses are VERY good in this game. You claim about 10-12 weapons I think and they are all useful for different enemies. If you like DMC(not a fanboy) then you will love this game(not a fanboy).

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;199098 said:
RIP OFF.

That's why this game is overrated.

You haven't even played the game I would assume. Me saying it plays like DMC1,God hand,Okami and Viewtiful Joe is just my own personal opinion.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;199100 said:
You haven't even played the game I would assume. Me saying it plays like DMC1,God hand,Okami and Viewtiful Joe is just my own personal opinion.

I've played the demo only at a friend's.

Dante Redgrave gave me some inside info about the plot details and especially names, God!

If Mikami is such a bright mind, he shouldn't have had a problem coming up with new names - instead copying them. Devil May Cry surely had Mikami behind, but the fool sold his ideas to Capcom.

It's disgraceful watching same names in different games.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;199101 said:
I've played the demo only at a friend's.

Dante Redgrave gave me some inside info about the plot details and especially names, God!

If Mikami is such a bright mind, he shouldn't have had a problem coming up with new names - instead copying them. Devil May Cry surely had Mikami behind, but the fool sold his ideas to Capcom.

It's disgraceful watching same names in different games.
You act like you personally worked on all of these titles. Its just something you need to get over really. If the man feels he wants to place his work into his games then he is free to. If you knew how many lines DMC has taken from movies and cartoon character you might feel the same way about that series.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
clairavance;199089 said:

It's a very good game. You should play it. It is kinda similar to DMC combos, but a lot of the combos are easily executed because there are 2 melee attack buttons. Some of the moves are similar to Dante's moves, one of Bayonetta attacks are similar to Dante's Stinger, except that it can be executed on air. There are even secret 'Verses' like DMC series of Secret Missions. All of Bayonetta's weapons have names. The storyline is easy to understand, but some parts of it you need to read in the internet or other sources. The game is really good, and I give it a score of 9.5/10.0.

Voice actors will decide whether they will be credited in a game or not, some of the voice actors are in a union, or non-union. If a union, the voice actors will be properly credited. If non-union, they can choose whether they are credited or not, but oftenly they will use fake names to be credited. So it is their choice whether they want to be credited or not.

Platinum Games are developers of Bayonetta, and the mebers of the developers are popular people who have worked with Capcom before, so DMC references are not avoidable, but appreciated.

Among the members of Platinum Games are:

Shinji Mikami - The man behind of Biohazard (Resident Evil) series. The director of Resident Evil 4, God Hand, Dino Crisis, Resident Evil, and Resident Evil Remake. Also the executive producer of Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 0, Dino Crisis 2, and of course Devil May Cry. Producer of Resident Evil Code: Veronica and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, game producer of Resident Evil 2 and advisor for Onimusha: Warlords.

Atsushi Inaba - Former CEO of Clover Studios, and later works with Platinum Games. Best known for his work in Viewtiful Joe series, God Hand, and Mad World.

Masami Ueda - One of the main composers of Resident Evil series, and also composed the first Devil May Cry soundtrack. He also the main composer of Bayonetta soundtrack.

Hideki Kamiya - The man behind the first Devil May Cry game. He is the director of Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Okami, and Bayonetta.

With all these guys working on Bayonetta, especially Hideki Kamiya and Shinji Mikami, why is it strange that there are some references of Devil May Cry in the game, or used DMC lines? We as DMC gamers should be proud at least that there are games took some of DMC lines or stuffs, which may be because of DMC series popularity. If you think Bayonetta is a rip off of DMC or a lame female version of Devil May Cry, don't bother playing it. Play other games. Otherwise, try and playing it.

Zato-OW

King
Chaos Master;199110 said:
It's a very good game. You should play it. It is kinda similar to DMC combos, but a lot of the combos are easily executed because there are 2 melee attack buttons. Some of the moves are similar to Dante's moves, one of Bayonetta attacks are similar to Dante's Stinger, except that it can be executed on air. There are even secret 'Verses' like DMC series of Secret Missions. All of Bayonetta's weapons have names. The storyline is easy to understand, but some parts of it you need to read in the internet or other sources. The game is really good, and I give it a score of 9.5/10.0.

Voice actors will decide whether they will be credited in a game or not, some of the voice actors are in a union, or non-union. If a union, the voice actors will be properly credited. If non-union, they can choose whether they are credited or not, but oftenly they will use fake names to be credited. So it is their choice whether they want to be credited or not.

Platinum Games are developers of Bayonetta, and the mebers of the developers are popular people who have worked with Capcom before, so DMC references are not avoidable, but appreciated.

Among the members of Platinum Games are:

Shinji Mikami - The man behind of Biohazard (Resident Evil) series. The director of Resident Evil 4, God Hand, Dino Crisis, Resident Evil, and Resident Evil Remake. Also the executive producer of Viewtiful Joe, Resident Evil 0, Dino Crisis 2, and of course Devil May Cry. Producer of Resident Evil Code: Veronica and Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, game producer of Resident Evil 2 and advisor for Onimusha: Warlords.

Atsushi Inaba - Former CEO of Clover Studios, and later works with Platinum Games. Best known for his work in Viewtiful Joe series, God Hand, and Mad World.

Masami Ueda - One of the main composers of Resident Evil series, and also composed the first Devil May Cry soundtrack. He also the main composer of Bayonetta soundtrack.

Hideki Kamiya - The man behind the first Devil May Cry game. He is the director of Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, Okami, and Bayonetta.

With all these guys working on Bayonetta, especially Hideki Kamiya and Shinji Mikami, why is it strange that there are some references of Devil May Cry in the game, or used DMC lines? We as DMC gamers should be proud at least that there are games took some of DMC lines or stuffs, which may be because of DMC series popularity. If you think Bayonetta is a rip off of DMC or a lame female version of Devil May Cry, don't bother playing it. Play other games. Otherwise, try and playing it.
MADWORLD! That is what this game reminds me of. THANK YOU!

Zato-OW

King
Chaos Master;199114 said:
It is a one game that I could never play, cause I don't have a Wii.:lol: You are welcome.:)

Yeah, now it makes sense of what Rodin was referring to when he told Bayonetta he wasn't gonna put a chainsaw on her arm. Very funny stuff.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;199102 said:
If you knew how many lines DMC has taken from movies and cartoon character you might feel the same way about that series.

I know that, and I don't feel the same about the series.

But that's not creativity when you put ideas of names from a game you made, to another game, especially when this other game is of another company.

And no, he's not free to put ideas wherever he wants to, especially when those ideas belong to another company. In capitalism and in the big worldwide market, ideas are sold and newer ones are needed. That's how the world goes around nowadays.

He's lucky Capcom isn't saying anything against this blasphemy.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I agree with you there Sparda... How come Capcom hasn't said anything?

In the prologue is a blatant copy of E&I. (You can see the inscriptions in the guns). Also a bloke who looks like LDK Sparda... I am really surprise Capcom haven't said anything over this game.

Sparda™

Vergil'sB*tch;199137 said:
I agree with you there Sparda... How come Capcom hasn't said anything?

In the prologue is a blatant copy of E&I. (You can see the inscriptions in the guns). Also a bloke who looks like LDK Sparda... I am really surprise Capcom haven't said anything over this game.

I seriously don't give a damn If the gameplay is awesome.

The game is not fresh and certainly not made from scratch.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
^Who knows and frankly who cares.It's not everyday that you get a stylish action game.By breaking the monopolizing-in-this-gaming-area-game called DMC and start another games in that particullar gaming category is a good sighn,even if it is from the people behind the first title of that gaming area.We can only hope that other gaming developers follow their examples so that we,as gamers,will see more games of that genre.

"And no, he's not free to put ideas wherever he wants to, especially when those ideas belong to another company. In capitalism and in the big worldwide market, ideas are sold and newer ones are needed. That's how the world goes around nowadays."

That's why revolutionaries and communists exist.To change the world to be better.And smack capitalism in the face.For now we endure.

And let's face it ideas belong to the person who thought of them,no matter how much ink and paper a company or any one else beside the one thought them can hold them down.Sure you can "trademark" your ideas in a company but that means nothing apart from the ability to sue you if you use "their idea".Besides,why not give a nod to players of DMC that,"Hey guys,we still exist,and we'll continue making games,even if they fired us."

Top Bottom