• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta: Angel Heirarchy Analysis

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Bayonetta: Angel Hierarchy Analysis
By...
DreadnoughtDT
Or, if you prefer...
Storm Silves

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Prologue

The Laguna are the angels of the Bayonetta realm. So much mystery surrounds them, and not very many solid facts. One thing is for certain, there are angels, and they are among us. But how, and what forms do they take? What powers do they hold? What allows them to exist here and there at the same time? Some of those questions will be answered, but some may not. Here, I have attempted to gather all the facts I know in order to allow all of us to better understand the angels, and what they are capable of.

Author's Note: Nearly all of this is pure conjecture on my end. This exists only to entertain, not to act as a true guide to the Laguna.

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section I: Third Sphere

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section I, Chapter I: Affinity

The Affinity angels occupy the lowest rung of the Third Sphere, the lowest class of the Laguna known simply as "Angels". That being said, the Affinities are not without their fair share of combat prowess, showing remarkable skill with the weapons in which they use.

When a priest and his disciples reach a certain level of atunement with Jubileus, they are given the choice to sacrifice themselves and become Affinities, or stay behind and continue to lead. It is not unheard of for a priest to choose both, however. Once the transformation is complete, the bodies are given a proper burial and a blessing untouchable by any demons.

Affinities are the angels closest to humans, therefore, they have a rather humanoid form. They exhibit many angelic traits, however, such as white feathered wings and marble skin, along with brilliant golds, whites, and blue-greens to accent their holiness. They wear minimal amounts of armor, including wristbands and several gold rings, along with a bright red and gold helmet. Their heads are vaguely bird-like, with no facial features whatsoever, but featuring a prominent jawline. In fact, Affinities have prominent muscles in general, leading to a rather intimidating, yet somehow comforting form. Only one Affinity deviates from this form, and this is type D. These Affinities are more rotund than their brothers and sisters, and wear a distinctive green helmet.

Affinities are known for spending time with children, and acting as guardian angels to the weak and downtrodden. It is said an embrace from an Affinity promotes lifelong happiness and contentment, and also represents a bond between that angel and it's chosen human. They shall stay together for the rest of their lives, in whatever adverse conditions may arise. It is not unknown to have an Affinity and a human fall in love and sometimes even mate and have children as well. Affinities, it seems, are one of the very few of the Laguna allowed to do so.

In combat, their skill is close to that of a highly trained medieval army. The religious articles they carry can all be used to destroy the dark forces, from spinning bladed staves to flaming halberds, each and every one imbued with holy force. In a tight situation, Affinities are known to use their claws in combat, utilizing precise cuts and swipes that can disable or kill an opponent in naught but three slashes.

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section I, Chapter II: Applaud

Applauds are created when an Affinity is deemed to have done a great deed, such as defeat a high-ranking demon in battle, or save a large amount of people. The Affinity is given a blue or red robe and a matching, more extravagant helmet that enhances their powers. The Affinity then becomes an Applaud after donning this gear, becoming a class of angel known as Archangels.

Applauds have the same basic physical form as the Affinities, but are much larger in stature and strength. They are known for their incredible lung capacity, able to project their voice across many miles.

Depending on the color of the robe and helmet, they are given a classification. Red is type A, and they carry twin whip-swords that can combine into a longbow. This longbow is capable of firing arrows of light that can pierce the darkness. This type prefers to stay aerial during battle in order to snipe their enemies from afar. However, they are also quite skilled in melee combat, utilizing slow, powerful slashes with their twin swords. They are also capable of stabbing the blades into the ground and using them to attack an enemy from underneath. If the red color and their unique weapon wasn't enough to distinguish them by, they wear a distinctive helmet with two long points that go along the jawline.

Blue is type B, and they carry the same bladed staff that their Affinity brethren can carry. They are able to conjure pools of magic that are acidic to dark forces. In addition to that power, they are also able to fill their bodies with the power of light and charge forward in a frenzy, causing extreme damage to whatever they hit. The downside to both these unique attacks, however, is that they are slow to charge and are fairly innacurate. The upside is that they cause quite a bit of damage to demons upon contact.

Just like the Affinities that they are so closely related to, Applauds can also serve as guardian angels and mate with humans, becoming lovers. Also just like the Affinities, their embrace promotes lifelong happiness. Unlike the Affinities, though, their embrace also has the benefit of longer life. It is said that many of those who have lived unnaturally long were under the watchful eye of an Applaud.

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section I, Chapter III: Ardor

The Ardor angels are a rank of angels known as "Principalities", and are the highest ranking members of the Third Sphere. They serve as Jubileus' eyes and ears in the human world, and also as her sword in case an insurrection may occur. In addition to this, the Principalities are charged with protecting mankind from any dark forces that may arise, be they other humans, demons, or fallen angels.

Just like the Applauds, the Ardor angels are very similar to the Affinity angels. However, since the Ardors wear heavy, full body armor, their wings have been removed as they are now useless. The armor they wear depends on the type of Ardor. The normal Ardors, type A, wear red armor with gold trim. The burning Ardors, type B, wear black armor with dark red trim.

To fight dark forces, the Ardors carry huge, golden claymores and a pop-out shield on their left wrist, which is capable of deflecting many attacks. However, enough stress can destroy the shield. The claymores, as far as can be told, are indestructible. No material, not even diamonds, can so much as scratch their surface. The claymores are designed to be wielded in two hands, but can be used in one in a pinch.

Their physical strength and endurance are absolutely immense. Some are even known to have survived decapitation, and are capable of regenerating their heads. It is said that an army of Ardors has the strength to topple mountains.

An Ardor's blessing is a true gift indeed. The Ardor gives it's life to a human, becoming that human's guardian, friend, and sometimes lover. On that subject, the Ardor angels are the last and the highest rank of angel that can mate with a human and become lovers. Once an Ardor gives it's blessing to a human, that human shall have nothing to fear from dark forces, as the Ardor shall forever light his or her path.

An Ardor in combat is no laughing matter. They utilize precise, slow sword swipes that can kill instantly, or quick stabs that can rend dark flesh asunder. Some are known for killing so quickly, in fact, that they leave no wounds, only a broken corpse.

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section I, Chapter IV: Dear & Decorations

When a father and his children die of unnatural causes, his soul is given the chance to become a Dear angel, and be surrounded by the souls of his children, the Decorations. These Laguna are classed in the same rung as the Affinities, the class known as Angels.

A Dear's powers are limited, and the Decorations even more so. A Dear can project energy shields with the help of it's Decorations, and can also fire spheres of light that burn dark creatures. However, as stated before, the strength of these powers are indeed limited. The Decorations' only attack is to charge at it's target and gnaw on it, keeping it trapped in a binding of light that limits or stops the enemy's movement.

Dears and Decorations are used as scouts normally, but in times of need can be pressed into a support role if necessary. Because of their primary role, they are not skilled in combat and can fall easily to dark forces. They generally require a posse of three to four Affinities, which the Dear is able to order around at will.

The physical form of the Dears and Decorations are quite bizarre, especially for angels. The Dears consist of a sculpted old man's head with bright gold, red-tipped wings and a sun-like protrusion on the back. Decorations are much simpler. A child-like, smiling face with two golden wings. Both carry the halo design of the Third Sphere, the simplest halo. Both can also open their heads in four sections to unleash attacks. During this period, though, they are exposed and can be defeated easily.

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section I, Chapter V: Irenic

Irenic are part of the Principalities, the highest rank of the Third Sphere. They are charged with spreading the messages of divine will across Paradiso, and do so vigilantly. Unlike most of the Third Sphere angels, Irenic angels do not carry human souls. Instead, their souls are formed out of pure Paradisan essence, which is what gives them their speed. Paradisan essence, however, is also highly unstable, which makes the Irenic angels somewhat explosion prone.

If humans could see the Irenic, they would surely be shocked. The Irenic angels take the form of a 1980 era automobile, painted in brilliant white with gold and green trim, and halos for wheels. It is said that the Irenic angels first appeared to the humans in the mid 18th century, sparking the Industrial Revolution and coincidentally inspiring humanity to create the first steam-powered automobiles.

Irenic are faster than even the wind itself, and are capable of crossing Paradiso, which is thousands of times larger than the human world, in naught but a single day. It is for this reason that they are charged with the task of a messenger.

In times of crisis, Irenic angels can be called into a combat role. In these times, they are paired with an Affinity or a Joy angel, which can use their powers to form laser bars of light, which can cut through most materials. If the angel they are paired with is destroyed, the Irenic can slough explosive segments of it's essence to combat enemies. Their armor is thin, though, and nary but three well placed shots with a mere handgun can destroy them.

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section I, Chapter VI: Enchant

The Enchant angels were designed by Jubileus to forever remind humanity to never try to better oneself against each other, and to give humanity inspiration to continue it's struggle. Perhaps it is for this purpose that they were given the form of a six spoked, hollow wheel with a female human's face in the center. The Enchant angels occupy the lowest class, mere Angels.

In combat, the Enchant angels are quite adept for being naught but mere wheels. They are able to cover their bodies in fire and ram opponents with their bladed rims, burning and cutting the opponent at the same time. They can also split themselves in half, connected by an electrical current, and ram their target, electrocuting them.

They have a secondary function, and this is to work as sentries. They do this by half burying themselves in the ground, which allows them to scout for enemies mostly undetected. In this state, they are able to fire extremely quick orbs of electricity to stun their opponents. The damage these spheres cause, though, are minimal. However, if many Enchant work at once in this state, they can quickly overwhelm and destroy their opponent.

The Enchant also have a tertiary function. To protect the realm of heaven from encroachment of sinners and villains. They do this job well, as Paradiso has yet to be invaded by anything dark or otherwise tainted.

----------------------------------------------------

Expect the Second Sphere angel analysis to be up by tomorrow.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Affinities are known for spending time with children, and acting as guardian angels to the weak and downtrodden. It is said an embrace from an Affinity promotes lifelong happiness and contentment, and also represents a bond between that angel and it's chosen human. They shall stay together for the rest of their lives, in whatever adverse conditions may arise. It is not unknown to have an Affinity and a human fall in love and sometimes even mate and have children as well. Affinities, it seems, are one of the very few of the Laguna allowed to do so.
Aihhhhhh!!! That would make a perfect theme for a romance story!

Very well thought out and explained, DT. I'm not sure what else I can really say other than 1 - I need to play Bayonetta again, 2 - I'm getting hit by inspiration left and right just from reading this and 3 - Did I mention I need to play Bayonetta again? ^_^

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I inspired you? Really?

If you make a fic like that, please let me read it. :3 I'd love to see a Netta angel cast in a good light instead of a world destroying one.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Hmm. Well detailed analysis. Great job. Just one thing though. If possible, please underline each chapters of the Hierarchy of Laguna like:

Storm Silves;277879 said:
Heirarchy of the Laguna, Section I, Chapter VI: Enchant

The Enchant angels were designed by Jubileus to forever remind humanity to never try to better oneself against each other, and to give humanity inspiration to continue it's struggle. Perhaps it is for this purpose that they were given the form of a six spoked, hollow wheel with a female human's face in the center. The Enchant angels occupy the lowest class, mere Angels.

In combat, the Enchant angels are quite adept for being naught but mere wheels. They are able to cover their bodies in fire and ram opponents with their bladed rims, burning and cutting the opponent at the same time. They can also split themselves in half, connected by an electrical current, and ram their target, electrocuting them.

They have a secondary function, and this is to work as sentries. They do this by half burying themselves in the ground, which allows them to scout for enemies mostly undetected. In this state, they are able to fire extremely quick orbs of electricity to stun their opponents. The damage these spheres cause, though, are minimal. However, if many Enchant work at once in this state, they can quickly overwhelm and destroy their opponent.

The Enchant also have a tertiary function. To protect the realm of heaven from encroachment of sinners and villains. They do this job well, as Paradiso has yet to be invaded by anything dark or otherwise tainted.

That is my only suggestion. Either way, it is yours to decide. Rep+ for making a good analysis.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Storm Silves;277925 said:
I inspired you? Really?

If you make a fic like that, please let me read it. :3 I'd love to see a Netta angel cast in a good light instead of a world destroying one.

Nah I was just being nice o_O LOL! Yeah of course really! I'll send it to you once I've got it done. I'm still fishing for a proper plot for it though.

moseslmpg

Man, Bayonetta is such a douchebag for killing these angels. She's the real villain of the game.

Anyway, I wasn't aware that such non-narrative pieces were allowed. Hmm...

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
^I didn't know that original work is allowed in this board either seeing as it's the FANfiction board. But meh, it seems just about anything goes. There are lines not to be crossed, of course, but I don't think anyone is going to complain about this.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
moseslmpg;278100 said:
Man, Bayonetta is such a douchebag for killing these angels. She's the real villain of the game.

Anyway, I wasn't aware that such non-narrative pieces were allowed. Hmm...

That's the vibe I was going for! These angels really are innocent, Bayonetta's just downright sick for killing them. They could've had friends, maybe even families. But she doesn't care.

@Chloe: I will wait patiently.

*waits for ten seconds*

>.>

<.<

<.>

>.<

*bangs head on keyboard*

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section II: The Second Sphere

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section II, Chapter I: Beloved

The Beloved angels are aptly named, as they are often told of in tales of heroism and bravery. Beloved angels occupy the Powers, the lowest rung of the middle angels, the Second Sphere. The Beloved angels are strong but slow, and work best alone or with a partner.

Their physical form is indeed immense. While there are many types, they share the same basic form, and that is of a large, humanoid creature wielding an golden axe that can change size, and they wear a mask that shows their power level and age. Those with a child's mask are the youngest and weakest, those with an adult's mask are the strongest, and those with an old man's mask are somewhere in the middle. Some do not withhold to this standard, however. These Beloved are draped in black marble and wear a mask with three eyes, wielding a bazooka that fires large fireballs. These Beloved work in trios. All Beloved have an area of concentrated light energy on their back called a "hemisphere", which is the weakest point in their armor.

The Beloved angels do not appear to humans often, but when they do, there's certain to be a commotion as people crowd around the titanic angel. Beloved have a special affinity towards children. Once a Beloved sees a child, it often forms a mental bond with the child and stays by his or her side as a guardian. However, such blessings are temporary, as the Beloved must leave sooner or later. When that time does come, however, the child is usually a teen and by this point no longer needs a guardian.

The tales of the Beloved are tall indeed. Myths sprinkled with legend and a dash of height, with a hint of fact. However, as tall as these tales are, they do hold some truth. The Beloved are a force to be reckoned with in combat, swinging their heavy axes as if they were nothing, and they often do not care what gets in the way as long as they hit what they were aiming at. Their skill with their axes makes the Beloved especially tough, and when they call on other, older, faster Beloved to assist them, the going will get rough for whatever they're fighting at the time.

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section II, Chapter II: Kinship

The Kinship are another of the Second Sphere Powers, charged with moving Paradiso's army into battle and then providing covering fire. Out of that context, they are Paradiso's mobile sentries, scanning every square inch they are able to in order to keep the world safe from demonic and sometimes sinner encroachment.

Like some of the other angels, such as the Irenic, the Kinship take a rather bizarre form. A large boat with no sail and an old human's face on the front, covered in resplendent golds, whites, blues and reds. Their form is said to inspire confidence and strong will.

In combat, the Kinship are indeed formidable. They are able to fire off large salvos of missiles at a whim, and can fire large blasts of lasers as well. In close combat, they can utilize a pair of pincers that are usually hidden away under the ship to whip and grab opponents.

Like the Beloved, the Kinship have a hemisphere on their bodies as well. This one is on the front of the box from which they fire their missiles, and is noticeably more well armored than the Beloved's hemisphere. Unlike the Beloved, however, the Kinship have much less stamina overall, roughly a third of a Beloved's. They make up for it with their speed, allowing them to dart around at quick bursts. But if someone was to board a Kinship and attack from there, it would be virtually defenseless and would have to rely on it's claws.

It's said that the Kinship appeared to the Vikings and possibly even before that, inspiring them to create boats in their image to move across the seas in order to survive. The Kinship, indeed, may have saved humanity from an early extinction.

A Kinship's blessing is rather mediocre to anyone on land, and it's a godsend to anyone who lives on the seas. A Kinship's blessing ensures that the blessed shall never have anything to fear from the water, no matter what.

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section II, Chapter III: Grace and Glory

Grace and Glory, the twin battlers, are part of the Second Sphere Virtues. They are charged with protecting Paradiso and the human world from invasion of demons or other malignant forces. The exploits of the twins are said to be so great that none they have faced have ever survived.

Grace, draped in flame, and Glory, wrapped in electricity, are, as stated, twins. They both wear battle armor that covers most of their body, including bird-like helmets that make them seem even more fierce than they normally are. Their large claws twitch randomly as they wait for another demonic body to sink into. The only difference between the two are their colors, Grace being red and Glory being blue, and their elements.

Naturally born twins are said to carry the spirits of Grace and Glory, and are usually guaranteed a spot in Paradiso at birth because of this.

Often depicted as gods of war, it isn't hard to see why. Grace and Glory utilize almost animalistic fighting styles that make them fast, wild, and unpredictable. Grace is the slower of the two, but more powerful. Glory is faster, but slightly weaker. Both of them can dish out equal amounts of punishment if their target isn't careful, and if their target is especially stupid, Grace and Glory will have them dead in mere heartbeats.

To have Grace and Glory appear to humans is indeed a treat to behold, as they very rarely walk among the living. During this time, they are no longer wild, instead walking gracefully with dignity and honor. The twins are known for being quite the talkers, and once you get one talking, it's nearly impossible to shut one up. While they don't talk to humans often, they enjoy humanity's company and the twins find comfort in the fact that their struggle is not theirs alone.

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section II, Chapter IV: Fairness

The Fairness angels are part of the Second Sphere Virtues, and are charged with the administration of miracles. They control fire, and are said to be wrapped in it at all times.

Fairness take the form of a large cat-like or dragon-like entity, wrapped eternally in flames and wearing a golden, beak-like helmet. Underneath the helmet, they appear as a six-eyed draconic creature. They wear bright gold and red armor that shows off their power of flame, and they stand quadrupedally like a cat or dog.

Fairness are not to be trifled with in combat. They fight very viciously, using brutal claw swipes and huge bites to lacerate their prey. They can also breathe balls of fire at their opponent or shriek loudly to immobilize them. For those out of the angel's good graces, a Fairness is a truly terrifying sight, as they will be ripped apart without mercy.

Fairness angels commonly appear to humans, as their job is, as said before, the administration of miracles. Therefore they often appear to humans and are always ready to lend a paw to help, even if it's something small like healing from an annoying wound, or something large like being a successful businessman. Fairness are fond of humans and are also very affectionate to them, purring softly when in the company of several humans. They often will lie down in a statue-like position to show submission to worshippers, and unlike most Second Sphere angels, the Fairness and their cousins the Fearless are able to bond to humans much like an Affinity could, becoming that human's pet or guardian.

The Fairness angels, when not handing out miracles, patrol the human realm freely and monitor it, making sure nothing gets in that is not authorized, and opening the gates of Paradiso to those who are ready to depart.

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section II, Chapter V: Fearless

The Fearless angels are classified as Dominions, the highest rank of the Second Sphere. They are the controllers of lightning, and take great pride in this aspect.

Like their cousins the Fairness, the Fearless take the form of a cat-like or dragon-like quadrupedal beast. However, unlike the Fairness, the Fearless have blue tinged skin and are not draped in flame. Instead, blue sparks dance along their body, although these sparks are harmless to humans.

Fearless are strong and quick in and out of combat, and they need to be. They can use their long, extendable tail to lacerate opponents, or use the claw swipes and large bites that their kind are known for. In a tight situation, they can utilize a huge blast of electricity in the form of a laser from their mouth, which they sweep across a battlefield to level their opponents.

Fearless appear to humans even more commonly than the Fairness angels. Fearless are, in the presence of humans, more energetic than the Fairness. The Fearless will allow humans to get close and even pet them, and the Fearless will purr in response. They are incredibly playful as well, and will play with young adults and children as if the angel and the humans have been friends for a long time. The Fearless angels are known for being kind and gentle with humans, and are also quite patient with them as well. The Fearless are known for being lenient with sinners as well, always willing to give humans a second chance.

For those out of the angel's generosity, however, there is only misfortune. The Fearless angels especially despise gluttons, and it is said that every time lighting strikes and thunder roars, a glutton is judged for his sins.

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section II, Chapter VI: Harmony

Harmony angels are part of the Second Sphere Dominions, and are tasked with the overall defense of Paradiso, even within Paradiso itself. Since this task is so immense, the Harmony angels are quite common.

The Harmony angels take the form of a manta-ray-esque creature, with Affinity-like arms and heads along with a long tail in place of legs. They can fold their arms into their wings to allow them to fly faster. Their wings are insect-like, light and glowing with aurora-like light.

Harmony angels appear to humans moderately, and do so to spread messages of Paradiso's will to the humans. Harmony angels are quite adept at human conversation and, just like the twins Grace and Glory, are quite the talkers. Unlike the twins, however, the Harmony angels know when to stop talking and take a breather. They often embrace humans they deem worthy of Paradiso with their bright wings, which is said to bring good fortune on the blessed.

In combat, Harmony angels are strong opponents, and often appear in numbers of five to six. They are able to conjure blasts of holy water and electricity, and can trap demonic opponents in spheres of holy water to burn them. The Harmony angels also can use vicious claw swipes and tail jabs to destroy those they deem unworthy. It is said that in battle, Harmony angels will enter a frenzy and attack one after another, giving their opponent no time to react at all.

moseslmpg

Master Vergil;278163 said:
^I didn't know that original work is allowed in this board either seeing as it's the FANfiction board. But meh, it seems just about anything goes. There are lines not to be crossed, of course, but I don't think anyone is going to complain about this.
Notice how I specified non-narrative fanfiction. I know that FF.net, for instance, does not allow it, because it is not a story. And TBH, without some implied narrative element, most people wouldn't want to read it. I know this from experience.

Anyway, I think this is a good hybrid of the two, because each description has narrative elements. I think something similar could be done for demons in the DMC world, although they might come across as less sympathetic.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Thanks, I suppose. I didn't know having a hybrid was a good thing.

What did you think of the Second Sphere angels? Just as good as the Third Sphere? Better? Worse?

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Very nice DT.Very good job.

...That being said and the fact I'm a douche,I'll go play as Jeanne to kill more of those bastards.XD

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Devil Bane;279133 said:
Very nice DT.Very good job.

...That being said and the fact I'm a douche,I'll go play as Jeanne to kill more of those bastards.XD

Ha! You know they have families and such and you still wanna kill them. XD You're a downright bastard.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section III: The First Sphere

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section III, Chapter I: Inspired

The Inspired are part of the highest ranking common angels, the First Sphere, and are ranked as Thrones. They patrol Paradiso at the will of Jubileus, and randomly swallow up the followers of darkness foolish enough to set foot there.

In form, the Inspired are often depicted as a flaming wheel. In truth, however, they are long, serpentine dragons with three pairs of wings and a long, snake-like head, jaws bristling with teeth. They wear segmented armor that goes along their red-scaled form, accenting their strength and position in heaven.

The Inspired rarely, if ever, appear to humans. When they do, it is only to high ranking priests, often to praise them or to deliver messages from Paradiso. When they appear to said priests, the priests usually hold a feast afterwards to celebrate such a rare occasion after the Inspired had gone. However, some Inspired like to linger and watch, to weed out potentially dark humans and steer them towards the path of right instead.

There has only been one recorded instance of an Inspired falling in love with a human, and it was the Egyptian king Ramses II who had done so. With an Inspired among his many wives, the children given were merely added to his pool of one hundred fifty plus children. For an Inspired to not only fall in love but mate with a human is extraordinary. Perhaps back this far, the law that only Third Sphere angels could mate with humans wasn't around. However, there is no known record of this.

In battle, the Inspired are monstrous. They attack with balls of fire conjured from portals in their mouths, along with tail swipes and vicious bites. They are known for swallowing opponents whole. However, sometimes, that ends up working in the opponent's favor, allowing them to burst the angel like an overfilled balloon and survive, battered and bruised. Should such an incident occur, another Inspired will appear to stifle the opponent's short lived victory.

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section III, Chapter II: Braves

The Braves are unique among the First Sphere in that they actually carry the halo of the Second Sphere Powers. However, when necessary, the trio of angels can combine into one giant Brave, a First Sphere Cherubim.

In form, they resemble the Beloved type B to a tee, wearing the same mask and same red armor. The only difference is they are smaller, come in trios, and utilize spear-axe combination weapons. They are also much faster.

When Braves appear to humans, it's usually to bring news of the war against the dark forces, which is, more often than not, good news. The Braves enjoy human company, and, like Grace and Glory and the Harmony angels, are quite the talkers and gossip kings. They often stick around for extended periods at a time, ranging from three to four years, before returning back to Paradiso.

In battle, Braves behave just like their Second Sphere brethren, the Beloved. They can also combine into a giant, extremely fast Brave when the going gets tough, healing all their wounds in the process and strengthening them considerably.

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section III, Chapter III: Gracious and Glorious

Gracious and Glorious are somewhat of an enigma. Most of the fact about them is pure speculation. In fact, some argue that the war-god twins do not exist at all. However, this article will be written as if they do exist.

Gracious and Glorious are among the First Sphere, occupying the highest rank known as Seraphim. They patrol Paradiso and ONLY Paradiso. Never once have they left their homeland, except when fighting Infernal forces.

Their form has been described as similar to Grace and Glory. Gracious, wearing white armor and controlling electricity, and Glorious, wearing black armor and controlling fire. Both are said to be twice as tenacious as Grace and Glory, and certainly far more powerful.

Unlike nearly every other angel, Gracious and Glorious have never once appeared to humans. This is why their existance is dubious at best.

It is said in battle that a mere taste of their power would level a battlefield, destroying both the records and the record keeper as well. Perhaps this also contributes to their mystery, as there are very few surviving records of these angels.

Hierarchy of the Laguna, Section III, Chapter IV: Joy

Joy angels are the highest ranking angels in the Spheres, ranked as First Sphere Seraphim. They have broken free of their physical bonds and have become shapeshifters, able to take the form of anything they choose.

As stated before, the Joy angels are truly formless. But they often take the form of a human, either male or female, with pale white skin and a helmet that covers their eyes. The most common form of the Joy angels are the female form, interestingly enough.

The Joy angels appear to high-ranking kings and queens who are close to god, and are allowed to fall into courtship with said king or queen. The angels remain that monarch's mate for the rest of their life. However, they are not allowed to have children unless Jubileus herself permits it.

In battle, Joy angels are truly formidable. They are able to shapeshift their limbs into guns, whips, swords, and bayonets to pierce and cut at enemies. They can also summon bladed feathers to stab their enemies, or duplicate themselves to overwhelm their opponents. The last thing a dark being would want to see is a foursome or fivesome of Joy angels ganging up on them.

Top Bottom