• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta 3

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
but games like MadWorld and Anarchy Reigns didn't exactly feel fair at full price.
Which is why Anarchy Reigns came out a $20 when released in the US, EU, and UK. Even Sega realized it. I disagree with you heavily on MadWorld though. The game wasn't perfect, but has plenty of replay value. There are so many creative ways to score multipliers on a group or even a single enemy or mini boss when player knows what they're doing. Not to mention each stage and sub-stage has their own achievement system. There are some nice unlockable weapons after beating the game too. The boss fights highlight the weakest parts of Jacks repertoire (I usually bring in weapon to the boss fight when available), but there is enough spectacle in most of them to keep the fights entertaining. Hard Mode is different from Normal as enemies are way more aggressive at the start, and you only start each stage with 1 life. The multiplayer provides some neat distraction, but the campaign is the real meat and potatoes. At least the 2 player versus is there for some good dumb fun. Something that is still lacking in most AAA games nowadays. Remember when lots of games from PS1 and PS2 era would have these goofy modes no one asking or thinking about, but most turned out great, entertaining, and added some extra replay value? All without having to pre-order or be sold separately as post launch DLC. Actial good times!
The original listing was $40 when I looked it up during the Awards but the nintendo shop has it listed at $60. ¿Porque?
Agreed. Something is very suspicious here.

berto

I Saw the Devil

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm around the same age as the director lol.

It's funny that I wish DMC had those concepts instead. Both the Multiverse and exploring a character's childhood.

I wish it was for the PS4. Oh well.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I will say that some of the individual YouTube reviewers hatred of this game is ridiculous. Hell, most professional reviewers are either indifferent to the story or didn't see it as that big of deal, because they love the gameplay so much. This is an ironic dissonance right now. There are aspects of this game I don't like as well, but not to the point of "I never want to play another Platinum game with Witch Time ever again!". I know half of the complaints are story related. I did have my problems with the story and ending, but not enough to hate the entire game, nor quit playing. I am referring to mainly Pat and somewhat Cvit. With the latter even "concerned" about the quality of Kamiya's next giant superhero battling monster game, when that game is not even coming to the Switch when I last heard. Me personally, I don't care, but some of these individuals are expecting everyone to agree with them. I will give credit to Cvit, KBash, Omega Sphere, GiantPokeSpyro, and certain others from avoiding this mentality. If some of y'all don't want to play this game again, so be it. Not stopping me and others from having their fun. I do agree that how you have to unlock variations of launcher, stinger, and 360 inputs are stupid for each new weapon, and that there are some set pieces I didn't like or care for. The giant 2.5D slow ass monster fight was not needed twice.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters

I thought it was an interesting read.

@BrawlMan
It's a concern with fan criticism. Most fans aren't objective which is why they aren't taken as seriously as a professional critic. But fan reviewers are in a weird middleground and it becomes more of a herd-like mentality.

It's better you put your voice out there and be a dissenting opinion.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!

I thought it was an interesting read.

@BrawlMan
It's a concern with fan criticism. Most fans aren't objective which is why they aren't taken as seriously as a professional critic. But fan reviewers are in a weird middleground and it becomes more of a herd-like mentality.

It's better you put your voice out there and be a dissenting opinion.
Thank you for the article and video included. Interesting read and matched what I expected. I will always put my opinion and defenses out there when needed, but I honestly couldn't give a shiet about the overblown negative reaction at this point. It's the same attitude I held towards those who hated on Bayonetta 2 for either being a Nintendo exclusive, or not being "hard enough". Haters are gonna hate and be loud and annoying about it. This will only be a problem, if certain people I subscribed towards, don't stop biathcing about this 24/7. They keep it up, and they'll will be one less subscriber, and lose the respect I had for them.

berto

I Saw the Devil
LOOks like they fine tuned Viola. Glad to see it wasn’t just me.

s-l1600.jpg

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'm getting a weird error trying to load that video.
Let's see if this one loads

Anyway, I'm weirdly that Cereza is actually really fashionable in this game despite Cerezita walking around in rags.

Top Bottom