• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Bayonetta 3

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Heh. You know the guy says the same thing about all of his games. He has said that he's going to make sequels to every single one and the answers will be on that title.
I don't keep up with his work so I'll take your word for it.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I don't keep up with his work so I'll take your word for it.
Yeah, he's done this thing before when people ask him to explain lore or about characters, like Sparda, and he will answer with something like 'You'll see when I make DMC0.' people take it to heart and start to spread rumors that he's making and it becomes a thing.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
It looks great but I might've preferred it with Viola tho. I wish I had a nintendo switch to play it on.
Bayo3 actually hints Cereza being playable within the game itself that you be playing at the race again. I don't know how you unlock it, but there's a secret chapter you can unlock, by getting a certain amount of collectibles or doing certain secret missions. I don't know full story, but once you unlock it, you get a preview chapter of sorts of what's to come. Incense after, you play as a young Cereza. I know you don't have a Nintendo Switch, so there's no way you could have possibly have known.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Bayo3 actually hints Cereza being playable within the game itself that you be playing at the race again. I don't know how you unlock it, but there's a secret chapter you can unlock, by getting a certain amount of collectibles or doing certain secret missions. I don't know full story, but once you unlock it, you get a preview chapter of sorts of what's to come. Incense after, you play as a young Cereza. I know you don't have a Nintendo Switch, so there's no way you could have possibly have known.
It's fine. It's more of a preference because I never clicked with Bayonetta as a character. Same with Ryu from ninja gaiden. But exploring the alternate Bayonettas could be fun.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
It's fine. It's more of a preference because I never clicked with Bayonetta as a character. Same with Ryu from ninja gaiden. But exploring the alternate Bayonettas could be fun.
Bayo clicked fine with me. At least she has a personality and has her own subtle and low-key moments. Those moments and the more serious one help make her stand out more, to go along with her over the top personality. Where as Ryu is too serious. You know something is wrong, when his NES counterpart has more personality than the reboot games. I'll give the first two 3D games some credit for when his personality shines a little bit. I'll even throw in some credits to Ninja Gaiden 3, as long as you're talking about the Razors Edge version. It was done poorly, but I appreciated them trying to go back to the story focus of the NES games. Which is why if a fourth game ever comes out, I want them to focus on somebody else other than Ryu for a change and be good. Either bring back some of the ladies and have them something to actually do that doesn't involve DOA, or bring in some new playable characters.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Bayo clicked fine with me. At least she has a personality and has her own subtle and low-key moments. Those moments and the more serious one help make her stand out more, to go along with her over the top personality. Where as Ryu is too serious. You know something is wrong, when his NES counterpart has more personality than the reboot games. I'll give the first two 3D games some credit for when his personality shines a little bit. I'll even throw in some credits to Ninja Gaiden 3, as long as you're talking about the Razors Edge version. It was done poorly, but I appreciated them trying to go back to the story focus of the NES games. Which is why if a fourth game ever comes out, I want them to focus on somebody else other than Ryu for a change and be good. Either bring back some of the ladies and have them something to actually do that doesn't involve DOA, or bring in some new playable characters.
Ryu suffers from a similar problem to DMC2 Dante and the Anime. They feel soulless instead of introverted or silent. It's more common in anime or early video games. Itagaki's era wasn't focused on storytelling and 3's story was undercooked and just riding off currents trends. Ryu would work better as a supporting protagonist. So putting the Mugen Tenshin trio and Momoji as the leads while Ryu is just support would be ideal.

Bayonetta just feels like a weaker version of Bingo and Itsuno's era. Weaker humor/characters with an unnecessarily complicated plots. But focusing on the other Bayonetta is a way to address that without being obvious.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Bayonetta just feels like a weaker version of Bingo and Itsuno's era. Weaker humor/characters with an unnecessarily complicated plots.
Speak for yourself on that one. Now maybe some of the characters aren't as good as the DMC ones, but I don't find them weak/bad. Even though they come from that similar design or era, they have their own unique thing going on. Even the "weakest" Bayonetta character, is still a million times more interesting and better than Patty.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Speak for yourself on that one. Now maybe some of the characters aren't as good as the DMC ones, but I don't find them weak/bad. Even though they come from that similar design or era, they have their own unique thing going on. Even the "weakest" Bayonetta character, is still a million times more interesting and better than Patty.
Bayonetta 1 would've worked better with a DMC3 style plot. It's simpler to follow and has a small cast. I would've preffered setting the last days of the Umbran/Lucen conflict rather than jumping ahead 500 years. Same with the lost memories angle. 2 does the younger version time loop better with Bayonetta's father. Bayonetta 1 is juggling too many ideas and none of them land outside of the Jeanne stuff. I would've cut them or save them for another game.

Luka and Rodin are cool ideas but wasted on jokes that don't land. I could like them more but they aren't given much interesting to do. Same with Nico and Morrison.

Since Viola supposed to be alternate Cereza and Luka's kid, they could use that dynamic better in a sequel to the spinoff.

I'm not saying you're wrong for liking it. I'm just trying to explain why Bayonetta hasn't clicked with me so far.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Bayonetta 1 would've worked better with a DMC3 style plot. It's simpler to follow and has a small cast. I would've preffered setting the last days of the Umbran/Lucen conflict rather than jumping ahead 500 years. Same with the lost memories angle. 2 does the younger version time loop better with Bayonetta's father. Bayonetta 1 is juggling too many ideas and none of them land outside of the Jeanne stuff. I would've cut them or save them for another game.
I will say that time travel wammy stuff in Bayo1 didn't do much for me other than "That happened". I know the first game had an air of mystery to it, but once everything is figured out or a player knows who Bayo keeps hearing insider of her head at certain points in the game, it gets kind of lost. Back in 2010, by the halfway point, I knew it was her father talking to her, but obviously didn't know his name yet.

I agree that 2 does the time travel stuff better and closes some plot holes by doing so. Bayo2 still has the best story in the franchise, and I see no changes in my opinion on at this time.
Luka and Rodin are cool ideas but wasted on jokes that don't land. I could like them more but they aren't given much interesting to do. Same with Nico and Morrison.
It does suck a little that Luka does not get as much focus in 2 compared to 1, but it makes sense why he is not as involved in 2. Jeanne's soul is on the line (with more emphasis on her's and Bayo's relationship) and the murder of Luka's father and hatred of Bayo was all resolved and wrapped up in the first game. I know they had a will they or won't they hint in the first game, but it's barely there, and the second game completely drops it. Only for 3 to bring back it in full force. YMMV on how well it was done. I buy it, but at the same time, the shipping wars means little to me.

Rodin on the other hand, I don't know what you were expecting. He served his purpose perfectly and the bonus fights with him are some of the best human sized boss fights in action game history. He's basically the Merchant and information broker of this series. Way better than Morrison. I like Morrison, but I find Rodin more interesting. Ironic, because they turned Morrison into a rip-off of Rodin, minus the whole being an angel turned into a demon thing. Nico her served purpose well, and I see nothing wrong with her role in the story. She was used when needed and was never overbearing. I know some of extra important stuff are in the prequel novels, but her serious and heartfelt moments still show up in the game proper. Good enough for me.

Since Viola supposed to be alternate Cereza and Luka's kid, they could use that dynamic better in a sequel to the spinoff.
Anyone would think that, but not much we can do now. Let dice roll.

I'm not saying you're wrong for liking it. I'm just trying to explain why Bayonetta hasn't clicked with me so far.
You're fine dude. It's nice to have someone respect another's opinion. I understand and respect yours. I just wish a user I had a brief argument with on another site would do same. You have a wonderful evening.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!

Gaming Brit didn't like the game overall. Whatever, but I will offer counterpoints.

1. The game is good and doesn't feel like a "made-for-TV sequel" as he puts it.
  2. I will agree and say that some of the enemies are annoying and do not like.
  3. The game didn't exactly nerf Bayonetta's move sets or power scale. If anything, Bayo2 nerfed her in terms of power. Yes, it was done for the sake of the summons, but you can still use summons as combo enders, making them as powerful as the standards Wicked Weaves from the old games. You can get her move sets from 1 and 2, if you have the save files from said games. His complaints are minor nick pits. Odds are most people aren't gonna play the third game in the franchise without playing the prior two.
  4. This game is not "next-gen" looking. **** off, dude. I agree that the visuals aren't as good as the previous games, but they're not bad. Also, the first game has the washed-out bloom look of generation 7. Not as bad as many others and was done more artistically, but Bayonetta being more colorful showed bad that design trend was.
  5. GB is being a contrarian again that can't make up his mind. He has this push back about how Bayonetta never needed a sequel. Yet back in 2014, he was no different whooping and hollering for the game to come out like everyone else. I know opinions change and all, but the first game has a self-contained story and is open-ended. It could have gone either way, but the rest is history. Be grateful you prick. What he said you can apply most franchises in general: Devil May Cry, Ninja Gaiden, Resident Evil, God of War, etc. Get your head out of your ass.
  6. Viola YMMV, but I understand where is coming from. I like her personally, but it does get annoying fighting giant enemies when playing as her. It only gets more difficult.
  7. As for comparisons to V from DMC5, I enjoy the summon mechanics from both him and Bayonetta. I admit that I enjoy Bayo's a bit more, even though she is not free to move around when she fully summons her demons. She can still use them for high damaging pause combos or finishers when timed right. They can even be used to parry attacks. V is a fun character, but his major flaw is that, if he loses two of his familiars and has no DT, the man can't fight back properly until he has Shadow or Griffin, or has at least 3 bars of DT. Bayonetta can defend herself fine no different from Dante or Nero. GB, you're letting your blind fan boy goggles showing.
  8. The game is "too easy". While the game is easier, it's still a challenge if you don't play carefully. Try Hard or Infinite Climax, then complain to me about difficulty. Or right, you didn't because you said that you were not going to go back to it often. Good for you, more fun for me.
  9. Story is once again YMMV. I liked it overall, but I can see where people would have problems. Not enough to ruin the whole experience for me.
  10. Bayo did try to save Phantom Bayo, but the parasites already infected Phantom, and two, the latter would not have appreciated much any way. Because Bayo Prime had to kill Phantom's mom, who was mind controlled over by said Alpha-Verse parasites. Phantom would have not appreciated the save. Another thing GB, Bayo didn't cause those soldiers to dance, that was the parasite themselves. The dancing Thriller shout was weird, but I still got a quick laugh out of it.
  11. Bayonetta 3 is still a good, kick-ass action game. 2 is my personal favorite and best, and there are way worst sequels to action games than Bayo3.

berto

I Saw the Devil
maxresdefault.jpg

It has a $60 price tag.

What in the hell can there be so much of that it would justify a full price? P+ aren't the kind to slap a full price on a mediocre amount of content... for the most part. I mean, every Bayonetta game has plenty to do, more than most games of its kind in history, which is not an exaggeration, and, for the most part, their games are worth the asking price, but games like MadWorld and Anarchy Reigns didn't exactly feel fair at full price. With that beign said, I can't imagine this having so much content to justiufy an whole $60. The original listing was $40 when I looked it up during the Awards but the nintendo shop has it listed at $60. ¿Porque?

Top Bottom