• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Batman universe games coming

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
Gotham Knights is coming 2021, developing it is WB Games Montreal (Arkham Origins).... I'm not sure which consoles, but Gamespot and other outlets are saying PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series X, and PC...

GAMEPLAY! YAY... [Looks a bit rough with the frame drops]

Rocksteady is developing Suicide Squad: Kill the Justice League, and it is in the same universe as the Arkham trilogy of games. It continues the story of Arkham trilogy. Now, here it actually tells you that its coming 2022 for PS5, Xbox Series X, and PC...

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I'm a lot more excited about the suicide squad game if I'm being honest

Gotham knights while it has similarities to the arkham city and knight games, doesn't hold my interest without batman

And the rpg and coop factor only further disappointed me.It looks like it could be fun but I'm not invested in it.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
And the rpg and coop factor only further disappointed me.It looks like it could be fun but I'm not invested in it.
RPG elements, I like... its like improving Batman. But their concept of RPG elements aren't visible, or understood.

Goldsickle

I hate level-based system.

Geralt gets curb-stomped by some hillbilly cannibals because he's only at level 12 while the hillbillies are level 35.

That's what I like about the Devil May Cry series.
No level-up bulls***.
You won't find situations where a level 5 Dante gets f***ed up by a level 98 Hell Lust.

Carlos

A powerful demon
Xen-Omni 2020
I hate level-based system.

Geralt gets curb-stomped by some hillbilly cannibals because he's only at level 12 while the hillbillies are level 35.

That's what I like about the Devil May Cry series.
No level-up bulls***.
You won't find situations where a level 5 Dante gets f***ed up by a level 98 Hell Lust.
Why? Look at how well Castlevania: SOTN did leveling. Its one of the things I like about SOTN. I think that DMC does have a sort-of leveling up system. Just a little bit - you upgrade your heath bar/stamina bar, you level up your moves, especially in DMC3 and DMC5. You unlock locations sometimes to get an weapon, which is an upgrade in itself. Most of the time its an upgraded weapon, like the merging of weapons (Sparda's weapon merging in DMC5 for example.)

However, I don't trust a lot of companies with leveling up, most of the leveling up mechanics in most games are poorly implemented. Arkham City was awesome, so I'm picking up Suicide Squad.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I think goldsickle means in regards to the level of ai enemies, meaning if you are under that level you will be reluctant or unable to enter an area as you will get annihilated

It ruins the experience for some people

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Ya I was wondering about red hood killing with guns, can't imagine tim or dick grayson wanting to work with him

Or Barbara

Goldsickle

I think goldsickle means in regards to the level of ai enemies, meaning if you are under that level you will be reluctant or unable to enter an area as you will get annihilated

It ruins the experience for some people
Yeah, especially that example you give where you can't enter an area or do a quest because the enemy's levels are too high and you can die in 2-3 hits, while the enemy will take 1000 hits to die.
You're forced to "put it aside" until your level is high enough.
And some games even have a "recommended level" for these sub-quests.

For games like Devil May Cry, "damage upgrades" are rare and seems to have been phased out.
The entire game has a consistent damage and defense attribute.
This means that you don't have to constantly grind to defeat enemies in mission 15+ and you don't find yourself in a situation where your level is so high that you are one-hitting enemies in mission 4.
Level-based system just creates imbalance.

It's not a case of "I can't beat this boss because I am under-leveled. I need to level up a bit more to raise my strength".
Instead, it's purely trial and error over and over until you can beat the boss.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I like the idea of none tethered co-op that is drop in/out and the RPG elements will give the upgrade paths etc some interesting build possibilities and a reason to have to team up to take out higher level enemies.

Top Bottom