• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Avengers Endgame (Spoilers)

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Yeah but there is no sense of seeing a movie and read spoiler about it even if you are not a fan of it
Spoilers don't really bother me too much. Unless it's something I'm REALLY trying to avoid, spoilers don't ruin the experience for me.

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
Spoilers don't really bother me too much. Unless it's something I'm REALLY trying to avoid, spoilers don't ruin the experience for me.
Well they should, I mean what's the purpose on seeing a movie you alreayde know how it end? In endgame and many other movie there are twist and twist make movie, make half of the fun, if I already know what happen it's useless, like dmc 5 if I already know the twist there is no point in watching the cutscene...

DragonMaster2010

Well they should, I mean what's the purpose on seeing a movie you alreayde know how it end? In endgame and many other movie there are twist and twist make movie, make half of the fun, if I already know what happen it's useless, like dmc 5 if I already know the twist there is no point in watching the cutscene...
But it's seeing how it looks that interest me, not knowing about it. Plus, most MCU films have very simple plot and predictable situations that I'm rarely surprised by anything they do. Endgame would've most likely been the same spoilers or not based on behind the scenes pics and speculations.

Vergil95

But it's seeing how it looks that interest me, not knowing about it. Plus, most MCU films have very simple plot and predictable situations that I'm rarely surprised by anything they do. Endgame would've most likely been the same spoilers or not based on behind the scenes pics and speculations.
That s simply poor thinking, not all mcu have simple plot, especially endgame and infinity war, you are so superficial...infact endgame is full of surprise but since you think like this I suggest to not watch it, since you are a bit superficial on plot Ecc..

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
It's not being superficial, it's just a different view on things. I went full internet dark for Endgame - wouldn't even watch the trailers or discuss the possible plot points that might show up. And I was still disappointed.

It is ok for others to not like the film or be interested/disinterested by spoilers. Just like it's ok you love the film.

Vergil95

It's not being superficial, it's just a different view on things. I went full internet dark for Endgame - wouldn't even watch the trailers or discuss the possible plot points that might show up. And I was still disappointed.

It is ok for others to not like the film or be interested/disinterested by spoilers. Just like it's ok you love the film.
I think it superficial, the plot and twist are as important as other things in movie especially in endgame, since many movie are based on twist, if you already now what happened i don't get how can you be surprised, also he sayd that mcu have simple plot and predictable situation, well if he know the plot he can't be surprised by what happened... Also I didn't say that he had to like the film, I simply say that he should probably avoid the spoiler and twist or he will always give superficial answer and tought on movie and say that he was not surprised by the plot, well if you already knew the plot there was little to be surprised.... Just my opinion

Last edited:

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Even if you know what's going to happen, I think you can still be surprised by how it gets there. I found elements of Endgame to be very predictable, but how they came about wasn't what I expected so that made the difference.

Going back to the film itself, I can't recall if it was mentioned as to how Dr strange knew where everyone was to be able to organise the placement of the portals for the big fight scene. Can anyone fill me in? Seemed a bit...odd to me that everyone turned up to the right place all together even though they had only been back in existence for a short time. And was everyone returned to the precise place and moment they were when the first click happened?

Vergil95

Even if you know what's going to happen, I think you can still be surprised by how it gets there. I found elements of Endgame to be very predictable, but how they came about wasn't what I expected so that made the difference.

Going back to the film itself, I can't recall if it was mentioned as to how Dr strange knew where everyone was to be able to organise the placement of the portals for the big fight scene. Can anyone fill me in? Seemed a bit...odd to me that everyone turned up to the right place all together even though they had only been back in existence for a short time. And was everyone returned to the precise place and moment they were when the first click happened?
Doctor strange saw 14 million future whit the time stone in infinity war and know exactly what happened in every future so he know where to go and what to do, Infact is thanks to him that the universe manage to win since he sayd that there was only one future where they win, Infact he did all he had to put the future in that direction and win... He already knew everything that s why he was able to organize everything, and yes they were all in the exact same place when they died, they died and 5 years passed and when hulk snapped his finger they returned in the same place but only few second passed for the dead one

Last edited:

DragonMaster2010

I think it superficial, the plot and twist are as important as other things in movie especially in endgame, since many movie are based on twist, if you already now what happened i don't get how can you be surprised, also he sayd that mcu have simple plot and predictable situation, well if he know the plot he can't be surprised by what happened... Also I didn't say that he had to like the film, I simply say that he should probably avoid the spoiler and twist or he will always give superficial answer and tought on movie and say that he was not surprised by the plot, well if you already knew the plot there was little to be surprised.... Just my opinion
But that's always been the MCU; predictable based on the comics it came from. The only thing I didn't expect was "her" going there.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
I genuinely expected
that when Cap returned the Soul Stone, he might have been able to get black widow back as an exchange - I know that's not an option but I would have actually liked that regardless of plot holes it would cause

I like black widow...

Vergil95

But that's always been the MCU; predictable based on the comics it came from. The only thing I didn't expect was "her" going there.
Yeah they are taken from the comics but what happened is not taken from the comic like people who die and twist, especially infinity war and endgame... Did you read the comics? Since you sayd that it's predictable because taken from the comics probably you already read all the comics they are based on

DragonMaster2010

Yeah they are taken from the comics but what happened is not taken from the comic like people who die and twist, especially infinity war and endgame... Did you read the comics? Since you sayd that it's predictable because taken from the comics probably you already read all the comics they are based on
More or less. Everything that happened in IW was predictable as could be except for the ones who got dusted.

Endgame was the same except for that one unexpected death in the middle and some elements of time travel.

The MCU is just that bare-bones and rarely surprises me anymore. I want to give Endgame props but I feel like it's been a tad overhyped. Now it's like legitimate criticism of its flaws are silenced.

Vergil95

More or less. Everything that happened in IW was predictable as could be except for the ones who got dusted.

Endgame was the same except for that one unexpected death in the middle and some elements of time travel.

The MCU is just that bare-bones and rarely surprises me anymore. I want to give Endgame props but I feel like it's been a tad overhyped. Now it's like legitimate criticism of its flaws are silenced.
That s your opinion, for me endgame is a good movie whit many flaws but still a good movie... probably you should watch movies whitout reading the plot and twist than you will be surprised

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
As an MCU fan, the last 15 minutes of this movie were me holding back tears. But I also understand it's not a perfect movie and there is definitely criticism you can funnel out of it. Personally, I don't get the criticism about the fanservice. Yes, there was a lot of it, but it felt earned. After all, this was the culmination of stories spanning 20-something movies; it's only natural that it calls back to that build up and, generally speaking, I think it did that well.

The MCU should be a lesson on the importance of sticking to your vision. They had four ensemble movies before - it's scary how easy it could've been for them to blow their load and mess it up. Glad they didn't.

Also, somewhat unrelated, but Kevin Smith did a "review" on Endgame and it's just beautiful seeing a grown ass man tear up at describing scenes of the movie. It's kinda long, but if you're a longtime fan like me and have watched the movies (or don't mind spoilers), you should watch it.

Angel

Is not rat, is hamster
Admin
Felt bad for my female friends who were only going to watch it for Thor...

...not bad enough to forewarn them though. Gotta have some lulz in life...

• Haha
Reactions: V

Vergil95

As an MCU fan, the last 15 minutes of this movie were me holding back tears. But I also understand it's not a perfect movie and there is definitely criticism you can funnel out of it. Personally, I don't get the criticism about the fanservice. Yes, there was a lot of it, but it felt earned. After all, this was the culmination of stories spanning 20-something movies; it's only natural that it calls back to that build up and, generally speaking, I think it did that well.

The MCU should be a lesson on the importance of sticking to your vision. They had four ensemble movies before - it's scary how easy it could've been for them to blow their load and mess it up. Glad they didn't.

Also, somewhat unrelated, but Kevin Smith did a "review" on Endgame and it's just beautiful seeing a grown ass man tear up at describing scenes of the movie. It's kinda long, but if you're a longtime fan like me and have watched the movies (or don't mind spoilers), you should watch it.
There is really a movie or game that ended the saga that is not fanservice? Devil may cry 5 and metal gear solid 4 are full of fanservice, an so are many other videogame and movie... But this is really fan service? Or they simply write a movie and videogame that is the culmination of event that lasted more than 10 years? I think the asnwer it s the last, that endgame just end the saga and bring everything full circle, it's not fanservice... A movie that it's only fan service is rogue one, that film is just fan service, whit people from previous movie that happeared for just few second only to appeal fan

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
I am gona be honest I am very disappointed with it

Tony starks arc aside it left me wanting so much more

Thor was a joke

Hulk being smart was just weird and he was unimpressive

But cap picking up Thor's hammer was just shoehorned in and annoyed me

Felt like infinity war was vastly superior

Tony stark is a bosssss though

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I honestly find it very odd that the world 5 years after the snap and even what appears to be a few weeks after it in the beginning of the movie to be so normal. Yeah its bleak and dark but society seems to run normally as it always does. Honestly my biggest problem with the MCU movies (and well even the comics too) is the civilians, the regular people and just society of this world feel like props and seem so unaffected by all the stuff that happens. It lacks life and seem to only function as a set for the heroes and villains to do their thing. The only time civilians or just random people matter is to affect the main characters. The Netflix shows and TV series do a good job at it. Outside the Sokovia Accords, T'Challa opening up outreach centers in impoverish areas, and aspects of Homecoming and maybe FFH the world and the people rarely seem affected by the stuff that happens or it just feels so artificial.

Also that Gyro Blade Thanos had was freaking dope. That should be a weapon in DMC6 or DLC for DMC5.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
I'm not a massive MCU fan even though I end up watching most of the movies (more of a GotG fan myself than the rest of it) but this was a pretty good wrap up to the last decade of films and to some of the characters. I wasn't super invested though, so it didn't disappoint me.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Haven’t actually watched it but read all about it and have also spoken to few people about it and I just haven’t been bothered to waste about 3+ hours of my life giving it a try.

Personally I’m not a fan of time travel in movies. It seems like a huge cop out to me. These are all characters taken from comic books so for me they could have literally thought of something a whole deal greater than “Well they use time travel to ‘fix’ everything”. That alone just made me go...Nah.

Top Bottom