• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Armored Core: Liberty's Calling

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow replied back:

Yeah... I'm not sure if I even want to go... It would be too painful. Where are you? I'm going to meet you so we can talk face to face.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow's stomach rumbled. He'd forgotten to eat before the mission started, and now he was regretting it. Meet you there, I'm hungry anyways. He messaged back. "Rain, watch the AC while I'm gone."

If I have to...

Crow climbed out of his AC and followed the signs to the mess hall, but there was a problem. He had no clue which one was Zazz. There were only around ten people in here right now, but he still couldn't tell. So, he did the only thing he knew how. "Hey, is anyone in here named Zazz? I'm Crow, I'm supposed to report to him."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
A young boy, no older than sixteen, stepped up from one of the tables, and walked over to Crow, holding out his hand to shake. He was only around 5'4, with a pretty thin figure, and he had hazel-colored hair with gray-blue eyes, and a soft look to his face. He was easily mistakable with any common kid "I'm Zazz. Pleasure to meet you."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow shook Zazz's hand. "Wow. Didn't know they were recruiting people as young as you. You must show promise if you got a job as an AC pilot. Speaking of AC's did you see how beat up mine was? We're not leaving for a while, I think." He looked around. "Not that it's a bad thing, though. Although if those techno-organic freak machines attack us, I won't be able to help. Have you seen those things in battle? ****y little buggers. They like to taunt you, verbally and by dodging your every move as if it was child's play. You have to surprise them to kill them... Of course, you probably know that already, don't you?"

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
"Heh, yeah...I've already gotten two of them. Hopefully my age won't get in the way of us working together. The only reason I was accepted was because of my extremely high AMS Aptitude...at least that's what I'm told, along with my being the only current AC pilot below the age of eighteen. Oh well. You say your AC got banged up pretty badly, eh? Can't imagine that. The images of Rain Storm in your files were amazing. Say, you want to see my AC?" The young boy finally stopped talking for a moment.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
The pearl ACs came to a slow-down as they neared a hanger-bay of immense proportions, the roof slowly began to slide open, allowing Anubis and the accompanying B&F ACs to enter.
They dropped in gently as a large scaffolding structure arose from the ground, the ACs delicately placed Anubis in the steel supports of the scaffolding.

"Thanks for dropping me off Adrian, after Anubis gets fixed and I have a word with this new commanding officer from Nest, we'll have to catch up some time."

"Yeah, no problem, it was good to see you again, take care of yourself."

"You too..."

The boosters of the pearl white ACs fired up once more, then with a flash, they disappeared.
"So Anubis...Back where we started, it's been a long time since we had to come back here for anything other than routine upgrades, anyway, I suppose I should go and have a word with Lex, wish me luck..."

Statement: Good luck, you are probably going to need it.

"Hahah, yeah, thanks."
The flight deck hatch of the AC opened up, Angelus leapt out onto one of the walkways leading off from the support scaffolding, a short, red haired woman came running towards him.

"What the hell have you done to my machine Angel?! I should kill you for this! You better have a damn good reason for bringing Anubis back in this state you know, you expect me to work my ass off for your benefit? You sir, have some explaining to do!"

"It's nice to see you too Lex, now if you'd just give me a moment, I'd be perfectly happy to explain what happened out there..."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow couldn't believe the rate at which this guy talked. He talked faster than he could! "Yeah, sure! I'd love to see your AC. Mine's missing an arm and a missile pod, but other than that it still works. Oh, and it's completely dry of ammo too. What do you call your AC?"

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Zazz chuckled, "Mine's named Maiden. Come to the hangar with me, and I'll give you a look." He smiled and walked speedily out to the hangar, "They let me keep her here while I waited on you to get back from your mission."

As Zazz walked through a pair of large, metallic doors into the hangar, he lifted his finger to point at his AC. "There she is."

Maiden was a remarkably well-built craft. She had a pair of standard bipedal legs, each of the 'feet' forking into two sections, giving the AC a distinct feature resembling toes. Its Core resembled the old Tellus Model developed by Interior Union during the National Dismantlement War, with slightly smoother plating. The arms of the AC had huge shoulders, supporting thin, middle-weight arms, which carried two standard looking rifles. Hooked to the shoulders were two extension units giving Maiden extra boosting power. Both back units were Spread Missile units, and finally, the head was shaped much like the Rayleonard ALIYAH model, but sporting an eye, rather than a visor. The AC was dominantly purple, with several light-green highlights. "That's her, whaddya think?"

(got to get off for a bit. Don't get too far ahead of me x3)

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"So...All that really happened huh? I'm sorry...Sorry about what happened to Harper, to you, to Crow...Most of all, I'm sorry that my masterpiece let you down so hard, I'm absolutely ashamed of myself..."

Tears welled up in Lex's eyes, Angelus knelt down to her level.

"Alex, don't apologise, Anubis is flawless, an AC is only as good as the pilot flying it, clearly I'm just not good enough for her."

"Don't say that Angel, you're the best pilot I know, that's why I picked you for this project, listen, the repairs are complete, upgrades are underway now and I can tell you, you're gonna love them!"

Lex swiftly rushed off back towards Anubis, Angelus tailing behind her, all the while she may as well have been speaking to herself.

"Okay, so the sniper enhancements clearly aren't working for you, a major flaw in Anubis is that you just can't make up for the loss of mid range combat abilities if all you're packing is a sniper rifle and a vibro-spear, so how's this? I've designed a new burst homing laser with alternating fire modes so you can work with it at mid to long range, you've lost the functionality to divert power to increase the strength of a single shot, however, you can use it to increase the number of shots fired. Drawing power from half the primary systems should, in theory, give you the ability to fire approximately 80 mid powered shots,the collection of shots should have enough strength to punch a freakin' five mile deep crater in the surface of Mars! Not only that but we've also inst-"

"Lex! Calm down, take a breath for once in your life, I know you get excited about these things but just...Cool it would you? It's hard enough keeping up with you without you going off on a tangent about technology that I really don't understand."

Lex let out a soft, nervous chuckle.

"Okay, okay...Sorry Angel, I forgot, me talking fast is a big no-no for you, anyway, where was I? And I'll try to keep it slow for you, mmkay mister?"

"Don't get sarcastic with me Lex, just tell me what you plan on doing with Anubis to make sure I don't get my ass handed to me again."

Lex set off towards Anubis once again.

"Alright, yeah...Where was I? Oh right, we've added an upgrade to Anubis' headpiece, essentially they're video enhancement goggles, they'll let you zoom in and take a shot at an enemy from some distance. Should make up for the loss of a rifle with a scope, though I suppose the loss of a charged shot means you won;t be using it too much, still, you know what we're like here, all about the long range stuff!"

"Yeah I know, anything else?"

Two more upgrades, the Zero Shift drive is now self sufficient, it'll draw off its own power supply rather than directly from your generator, I was never happy with the fact that it drew energy from the AC core anyway, so you're good for about 5 sector wide jumps before the drive does starting eating your primary generator...Finally, we've added a prehensile tail, it may look more cosmetic than tactical, but it'll come in useful, a prehensile tail...Well, you know monkeys right? How they can grab things with their tail? It's literally that, Anubis' tail will be able to grab things, from basic metal supports to enemy ACs, the tail basically acts as a free arm, you know...Just very close quarters, no equippable weapons, but it can grab.

"Impressive, any drawbacks I should know about?"

The drive is still a little unstable, as usual you may experience a few issues with it until Anubis' AI is able to synchronise the drive's base code, still, aside from that, Anubis is a force to be reckoned with again, your armour is fully repaired and your shields have been upgraded, should be able to withstand a shot from that CANOPUS cannon now, give it about an hour and Anubis will be flying again!

Angelus knelt down and spun Lex around, hugging her briefly before standing back up.

"You're a star Lex, I suppose I'd better go speak to that new commanding officer that Nest sent in earlier...Take care, and let me know when she's done!"

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Out of character note: It's worth pointing out that Anubis' upgrades basically make her an all round fighter, capable of going toe-to-toe with any AC it comes across and putting up a damn good fight. Its armour is no stronger, but the shielding has been buffed in order to improve survivability against those NEXT ACs we encountered earlier.

In terms of weapon functionality, it's now a strong contender in mid range battles. The key difference now lies in the fact that it can't draw power from the generator to charge up a high powered, long range shot, instead it trades this off for burst shots.

Burst shots are less of a drain on the central power supply and are designed to bombard the enemy with an insane number of weaker attacks that build up to do significant damage.

It still retains exactly the same attributes in close quarters as it did before, being fairly powerful, but not a god-tier AC, the vibro-spear and tail still can't stand up to a Moonlight blade, but it can put up a solid fight.

It's still a prototype, so it isn't insanely overpowered, nor is it perfect, it's likely to come across some bugs and hardware issues until the upgrade technology is perfected, new weapons are likely to come and old ones will go, it's not costing Angelus anything because the Anubis project is funded by B&F, however, Angelus does not get paid for any missions issued to him, and if he does, the credits earned are immediately removed from his account to pay for repairs and upgrades.

All in all, it feels fairly balanced, it's lost the long range sniping capabilities in trade off for being an extremely powerful mid range fighter, this gives it a fighting chance against the speed of the NEXT ACs, as a precise, charged shot would be practically impossible in intense combat.

If you feel it's too over the top though, let me know and I'll make changes.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow looked at Maiden for a long time before taking out his PDA and switching to the pictures he took of Rain Storm. "As you can see, she's not in the best of conditions right now, but she's been through worse. Once she had gotten all four limbs blown off and I had to kill the AI I was fighting with just my boosters and my missile pods. The dumb AI got ****y and left me for dead so I shot him in the back. What an idiot. Didn't even hear the missile coming."

OOC: Credo, it's fine. A mid-range mech is what we need anyway. My mech is obviously built for close range as the spray missiles and the gatlings have a HUGE spread effect. Plus, he hasn't told anyone, but Rain Storm comes equipped with two wrist mounted energy blades and a pair of hand mounted ones. They're for when he's out of ammo and needs to slice and dice.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Angelus ran his hand over the door scanner, the door infront of him slid open, daylight glared through the visor of his helmet.

"Nice day...Getting a bit warm for this think I reckon." He muttered to himself, grabbing the clasps of his helmet, the air inside decompressed, hissing as the clasps came undone, long, shoulder length silver hair with red tips fell from the helmet, unfolding itself neatly down his shoulders.

He looked up towards the sky, brushing the hair out of his pale blue eyes.
"Haven't seen the sun quite this clear for a while..."

Holding his helmet under his arm, Angel made for the connecting tram service between blocks of the B&F headquarters, an imposing looking guard stopped him in his tracks.

"May I inquire as to where sir may be heading on this fine day?" The guard spoke softly, though he looked threatening, his voice put on an air of calm.

"Yes, the Mess Hall if you wouldn't mind, I believe someone is waiting for me."

"Very good, please, get on board that tram there, it should take you directly to the Mess Hall complex." He motioned towards a dark, crimson red tram.

Angel simply nodded at the guard and proceeded towards the tram car, opening the door, he took a window seat and placed his helmet down on the seat next to him. He flicked the switch on his remote communication device.

"Crow, tell your new CO that I'll be with you in the next five or ten minutes, I had to make an important stop."

OOC: Good-o, glad my respecs are fine with you guys.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
"Got it." Crow closed the commlink and turned to Zazz. "Hey, my friend Angelus is going to be coming. He says he wants to talk to you. He said some pretty unflattering things before, but that's probably cause he doesn't know you yet." He leaned in closer to whisper. "Deep down I think he might be a big softie though. Don't tell him I said that, I don't want to destroy whatever friendship I have with him, cause he's a pretty decent guy."

OOC Note: I think this song would be perfect if an anime version of this story was ever made. It's kickass, seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL7zWdDCtOE

Go to 2:26. It's AWESOME.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
The tram car rattled into life, moving along the tracks as it slowly picked up speed, Angelus put his feet up on the table in front of him and closed his eyes.

"Forgot how rickety these damn things were...Hah."
Angelus chuckled to himself, the tram passed an opening in the trees, opening up on a reservoir, the setting sun cast an orange hue over the lake, his eyes flickered open, his attention drawn to the sight before him.

"Nice to see a little beauty in a world that's falling so rapidly down the drain...Now if only things could be more like this."

The tram car shrieked to a stop outside of the Mess Hall, the doors slid open, Angelus pulled himself up, grabbed his helmet and stepped outside.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow looked up at the tram just as Angelus got out. He walked up to him with a friendly look on his face. "Hey, Angel! Just in time! This is Zazz, my new CO." He pointed to the underage pilot. Crow whispered in Angelus' ear: "I know he doesn't look like much, but he's taken out two AI before, and his AC has a pretty good load-out, so I trust him."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Zazz walked over to Crow and Angelus with prideful steps, and held out his hand to shake Angelus', "Hi. I'm Zazz, Zazz Atitashi. Pleased to meet you." He smiled gently, like a small boy would.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
Angelus looked down at the hand extended in front of him before glancing back up at the boy stood before him.

"You know, Nest expecting me to follow their orders amused me, but Next expecting me to follow the orders of someone no older than son is just insulting, listen, I'm not here to make nice with you and I'm certainly not in speaking terms with anyone at Raven's Nest, so where they got the idea that I'd even dream of taking orders from them is just beyond me."

Angel dropped his helmet into Zazz's outstretched hand.

"You're little more than a child, you may have some experience, but it's not enough to earn my respect, and after what Nest did to me, it's going to take a good long while before you're able to even get close to earning the right to speak to me on peer to peer terms."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow took the helmet from Zazz' hand and dropped it back onto Angelus' head. "What the hell was that for? He was trying to be nice. You need to learn to chill out. You obviously forgot you don't even need to take orders from him in the first place. Did you hit your head or something?"

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Zazz backed away, "I wasn't told to direct you in any way, just to speak with you as you were on the seen when Harper was...killed." Zazz' hand dropped, "I didn't mean to offend you. But now I'm determined to crack you open." Zazz chuckled, "I'll earn your respect. You just wait and see."

Top Bottom