• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Armored Core: Liberty's Calling

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Anubis is a one time project, there's not much of a chance of it being mass produced, one of a kind thing really, the higher ups at B&E had it commissioned purely as a sort of..."Because we can" kind of AC, it's powerful but it isn't finished."

Angelus brought up the central command console, keying in the co-ordinates to the B&E Special Weapons facility and sending a data-burst with the co-ordinates to Crow.

"The engineers there are constantly testing new technology and weapons there for Anubis and it's my job to use them in live field combat, the theory is that Anubis will eventually get to the stage where you could orbit a planet, pull the trigger once and level an entire city, it's far too dangerous to be mass produced...I pull the trigger and Anubis' will murders thousands of people, this thing shouldn't even exist, one is far too many."

Angelus motioned for Anubis to grasp Rain's hand.

"And thank you, it's strange to be able to call someone a friend, I'm glad my faith in you wasn't misplaced...There, data-burst with the co-ordinates should be with you now."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
"Got 'em. Why is it strange to call someone a friend? Are you a loner? And you have a point with Anubis. One is far too many. Hang on tight, we're gonna go into Zero Shift again."

Crow, Zero Shifting now will put a dangerous strain on the reactor. Please be careful and reconsider.

"Rain, we don't have time. Those NEXTs from Tempest will find us at any second. Switch the cooling system to maximum. That should help a little.

Coolant system switched to 100% mode. I hope you know what you're doing.

Crow pushed the button that triggers Zero Shift. "I always know what I'm doing, except for when I don't."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Evangel and Anteres had stayed behind with Nine Ball and easily dispatched of the two drones sent after them. A message was sent to Evangel from Tempest.

"The Energy Renewal Process is complete. Energy Spire returning to base. Do not reengage the final two enemies. Return to base."

Evangel sighed, "Well then...I guess that's that. Let's go."

-----
The spire that was once standing in front of Harper, Crow and Angelus, closed itself back into its original shape, and began to lift from the ground, tearing through the rock and dirt of Mars as it went. Once it was completely out of the ground, the device slowly made its way back up to Tempest, a port opening to take it in, and then closing as soon as the spire was all of the way through.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"I guess you could say that, I've never really got on well with most people, no one ever gives me a reason to like or respect them, so why should I bother? But you know what, you surprised me, I have to admit that at first I thought you'd be just a kid who'd do nothing but slow me down, instead you risk your neck to save someone you've only just met, bravery and courage, I respect that..."

Angelus gripped onto his seat, he'd never flown on the coat tails of another AC in Zero Shift, it wasn't the most comfortable experience in his life.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow stopped the Zero Shift just in time for them to see a mountain range. "Is that it? I don't see anything. Should I take us down, or do they have defenses that would shoot me down?"

Crow, you have a message. It's from Raven's Nest.

"Oh, great. What does it say?"

Sender: Raven's Nest
To: Crow Palazzo
Subject: Failed Mission

You left the mission area without destroying the source of the heat signature. We also got a flatline signature from Cerberus. We need to ask you if you're alright, and why you left. Please respond ASAP.

Crow sighed. "I'm really not in the mood for this. Angelus, can you reply to this message for me?"

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Within moments of retrieving the spire, the entire Tempest base began to fade into what seemed like nothing. Soon, where the base once was, there was just an empty void. Or so it seemed. After several minutes, a large gust of wind blew across a wide section of the surface below where Tempest was, and traveled in a circular radius for about twenty miles. The heat signature from the base had faded away as well, now.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Anubis, broadcast a signal, let B&F know that it's us so their AA guns don't blow us out of the sky.

Affirmative.

"Sure, no problem, I have a few things to say to the Nest representatives anyway, bring us in low, you should see green signal lights directing you to the main productions hanger, land there."

Angelus brought up the message from Raven's Nest and scanned through it, he began typing.

"Draft message, Sender: Angelus. Recipient: Raven's Nest. Subject: Failed Mission."

Sender: Angelus.
To: Raven's Nest.
Subject: Failed Mission.

My name is Angelus, AC pilot of Anubis and acting representative of Bernard & Felix's special weapons division, I was forwarded this contract on behalf of an anonymous source and was ordered to render assistance to the two pilots you assigned this suicide mission to, we encountered an Arms Fortress in Mars' orbit, upon preliminary scans we were engaged by an incredibly advanced NEXT variant, during the conflict we lost Cerberus and Harper, I know what your organisation is like, if I find out that any of you had anything to do with this evident set-up, I will hunt you down and put an end to your miserable life. Angelus out.

"There, what do you think? As you can tell I do harbour some resentment towards the Nest...Drop us in here."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow looked at the message and laughed. "You know, they never were the sharpest knives in the box. So, I just take us in here, and... There. Perfect landing. Should I send a message to let them know you're here?"

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
As the message from Angelus arrived at Revans' Nest, a new one was issued to Crow.

Sender: Ravens' Nest.
To: Crow Palazzo.
Subject: New Commander.

In order to make up for your sudden loss of Harper and Cerberus, we are issuing you a new commanding officer. If you would be so kind as to wait, we have already begun to transport this new unit to B&F. They have already been notified. The new officer has already read your files, and will immediately request your audience upon arrival. Thank you for your time.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"It's alright, better if I send it and let them know who you are, I'm fairly surprised they didn't shoot you on sight really, anyway, I should be okay from here...Thanks again, for everything, really. Oh and keep that Zero Shift drive, the engineers will be fixing up Anubis, they'll just mount a new one if I explain that she had to ditch it because it overloaded, just don't tell anyone, right?"

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow chuckled. "Your secret's safe with me." And he made Rain Storm bow. "I got a message too. Looks like I'm going to be getting a new CO. I wonder if he's going to be anything like Harper... Oh, yeah. Angelus, are you going to be sticking with us, or are you going to lay back for a while?"

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"A new CO hmm? They were quick to replace Harper...Ahh, it depends on how long it takes for B&F to repair and upgrade Anubis, if it takes too long I'll catch up with you later, but if not, I suppose I can stick around for a while."

Five B&F ACs appeared on the horizon, most likely a scout patrol to investigate the situation here.

"A new CO already? What are Nest up to? And why would they need to replace Crow's CO at this stage? What purpose does it serve...?"

Angelus thought to himself, he kicked back his feet as he waited for the B&F recovery team to show up and drag Anubis back to its hangar.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
(I figure it wouldn't hurt to keep RP status every now and then, just to keep everything that's been introduced and killed off organized and the such)

Current Status:
Corporations/Organizations Used and Mentioned Thus Far-
-Bernard & Felix Foundation
-Ravens' Nest
-Rayleonard
-ORCA
-Tempest
Arms Forts and ACs/NEXTs Used and Mentioned Thus Far-
ACs and NEXTs
-Anubis
-Cerberus [Destroyed]
-Rain Storm
-Nine Ball
-Oracle
-Nightsky [Destroyed]
-Dragonfly
-Unsung
Arms Fortresses
-Tempest
Pilots Used and Mentioned Thus Far-
-Anteres - Dragonfly
-Angelus - Anubis
-Crow Pazallo - Rain Storm
-Evangel - Oracle
-Harper [Deceased] - Cerberus
-Hustler One - Nine Ball
-Maximilian Thermidor - Unsung
-Sed [Deceased] - Nightsky
-Zazz Atitashi [To be mentioned] - Maiden

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
A new message was once more sent to Crow, and even Angelus. This one did not originate from Ravens' Nest though.

Sender: Zazz Atitashi - Acting CO
To: Crow Pazallo and Angelus
Subject: Meeting

As you surely have been told already, you will be receiving a new CO to replace Harper. I am him. I have arrived approximately half an hour earlier than the original ETA, so if you still need to time to yourself before coming to meet me, I understand. When you are ready, head to the Mess Hall outside of the Private Quarters. I'll be waiting.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow looked at Anubis, analyzing it's current state. "Hey, Rain, how long do you think it'll take for his AC to be repaired?"

Approximation: Ten to twenty minutes, along with an extra half hour for the necessary upgrades.

"So almost an hour. I think I'll send a message to my new CO to explain the delay.

Sender: Crow Palazzo
To: Zazz Atitashi
Subject: Delay

Hey, it's Crow. Just to let you know, there's going to be at least an hour's delay while we wait for Anubis to repair and upgrade. Is that alright?

Message sent.

"Now for a response..."

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
There was a short pause before a reply was sent to Crow. It was simple, Of course it's okay. As I said, I was early. Take the appropriate amount of time that you feel necessary, and then come see me afterwards.

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Who does this guy think he is? I'm not on the Nest's leash, I'm not on his either, I'm in no position to follow his orders any time soon, I think I'd rather say it to his face though."

The five B&F ACs arrived on the scene, quick to analyse Anubis and Rain, they opened a comms channel with Angelus.

"Angelus, what the hell happened to Anubis? You have no idea how angry Lex is going to be..."

"Yeah yeah, nice to see you too Adrian, don't worry about me or anything, I'm perfectly fine, fit as a fiddle, not suffering any internal injuries or anything, none whatsoever."

Adrian's stark, pearl white AC stomped forward towards Anubis, bending down to prop him up.

"Hahah, it's been a while Angel, after Lex chews you out I think it's worth us catching up over a few drinks, what do you say?"

"Sounds good, Crow, Adrian here is going to ferry me and Anubis back to the B&F compound so she can get fixed up and upgraded, tell your new commander to stick around, I have a few words for him, take care of yourself, I should see you soon...In theory."

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Crow sighed. "I have a feeling you two aren't going to get along. You got along with Harper just fine, and Zazz hasn't ordered either of us around yet. Give the guy a chance before you blow him off, or blow him up.

Chances of that are extremely low, Crow.

"Oh, what do you know, you freaking computer?"

More than you ever will.

"Thanks for helping my mood, Rain..."

Angelo Credo

Kept you waiting, huh?
"Probably not, he's Nest, I have my reasons for hating Nest and if he believes he can assume authority over someone who isn't linked to them, then he's got a surprise waiting for him."

Adrian's AC, along with the other four hoisted Anubis into the air, supporting each individual limb, as well as propping up the torso.

"Give me about an hour and a half, an hour to get the repairs and upgrades completed, half an hour to get chewed out by the engineer who designed Anubis...See you soon Crow."

The boosters on the pearl white ACs lit up, a stark contrast to the pearl black finish of Anubis, blue flames roared and the ACs made their way back to Anubis' home of origin, Bernard & Felix Special Weapons Facility.

BlueDevil

Super Penguin Number 2
Premium
Zazz sent Crow another message.
By the way, Funeral Services are being held for Harper tomorrow at noon. I thought you should know since you were his closest friend. At least, that's what he told me before I was ranked up.

Top Bottom