• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Ark: Survival Evolved

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
ARK_LOGO_SMALL.jpg

This game deserves it's own thread!
ark-survival-evolved-555121c7e85c3.jpg

ark-survival-evolved-0512-02-1280x720.jpg

ArcSurvivalEvolved.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I've played 19 hours of Ark: SE and I can say without a doubt this game is going to be the best survival game on the market.
All that needs to be done is some tweaking and optimizing, not to mention the amount of awesome stuff to be implemented in the future.

In my 19 hours of playing Ark, I've been eaten by dinos, killed by sharks, fell off cliffs and so on, but the amount of things to do in this game shames all other survival games no contest.

My favorite part so far is the base building, it's INCREDIBLE!!!
This is the base I've built and currently have:
shootergame_2015_06_05_22_00_39_12_by_wesker500-d8w300r.jpg

Inside(Ground level)
shootergame_2015_06_05_23_22_26_60_by_wesker500-d8w3046.jpg

I'm not finished yet! I plan on building a massive wall around my base along with some massive watch towers!

I haven't been able to tame a dinosaur yet but I'll get to it soon.

I also haven't gone inland yet, mostly because I wanna save all that goodness for when Single Player is optimized and when I get better at the game.

Still the game is incredible and has Game of the Year potential!

I'll be updating this thread with moments from my gaming sessions just like in the DayZ thread and if anyone else wants to post their sessions here you're more than welcome to :)

Dark Drakan

Admin
Looking forward to hearing more about your adventures, been following this closely on Twitter and watching the developers posts on forums and its made it onto my list. My PC should be completed in next couple of weeks (finally) and this sounds right up my street for sure.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I just decided to turn that base of mine into a massive sky tower, going to need ALOT of wood for this one, keep your fingers cross the server does not screw this up :)

EDIT: SON OF A B***H!!!! I was up all night building that base and now the server is gone and my base is gone!!!

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
I just decided to turn that base of mine into a massive sky tower, going to need ALOT of wood for this one, keep your fingers cross the server does not screw this up :)

EDIT: SON OF A B***H!!!! I was up all night building that base and now the server is gone and my base is gone!!!

Apparently there simply isnt enough official servers just yet and they will be launching plenty more soon, over reliance on unofficial servers at the moment.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Well the server won't be an issue once single player is optimized, then I can rely on a solid save file rather than a crappy server that may or may not be there the next day.

Todays session was a good one, begun building my 2nd sky tower base and have made some new pets :) Also have one big neighbor!
shootergame_2015_06_06_22_55_39_51_by_wesker500-d8w7k8z.jpg

shootergame_2015_06_06_22_26_28_70_by_wesker500-d8w7kcs.jpg

Dark Drakan

Admin
The potential for the game is great and plenty of updates been coming and hope they can continue releasing them quickly and dont come across too many issues adding features etc in future.

Well the server won't be an issue once single player is optimized, then I can rely on a solid save file rather than a crappy server that may or may not be there the next day.

Todays session was a good one, begun building my 2nd sky tower base and have made some new pets :) Also have one big neighbor!

How does the single player work? Is it just you and the dinosaurs and what is the objective? Only really looked into the online survival aspect of it and not the single player.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
This game not only can be the best survival game, but one of the best games of the next gen full stop, there is just SOOO much this game can offer, it continues to amaze me every single time I level up and see what else there is to do(I'm pretty sure you can add Gatling gun turrets on your watch towers!).
You can command an army of dodos, raptors, whatever the hell you want and make them gang up on a Trike or T Rex while you focus on tranqing it.
I'm likely gonna need a squad of T-Rex to take on that Dragon seen in the trailer(don't think anyone has found it ingame yet).
I can't wait for this game to be optimized.

The single player isn't really a "Campaign" per se, it's actually a "Local Game" that you can play by yourself or with local friends, likely to be used for split screen play or local play on consoles, but it can still be used as a Single Player so you can have the entire world to yourself to go nuts on, so no there is no story or final objective........yet.

Dark Drakan

Admin
This game not only can be the best survival game, but one of the best games of the next gen full stop, there is just SOOO much this game can offer, it continues to amaze me every single time I level up and see what else there is to do(I'm pretty sure you can add Gatling gun turrets on your watch towers!).
You can command an army of dodos, raptors, whatever the hell you want and make them gang up on a Trike or T Rex while you focus on tranqing it.
I'm likely gonna need a squad of T-Rex to take on that Dragon seen in the trailer(don't think anyone has found it ingame yet).
I can't wait for this game to be optimized.

The single player isn't really a "Campaign" per se, it's actually a "Local Game" that you can play by yourself or with local friends, likely to be used for split screen play or local play on consoles, but it can still be used as a Single Player so you can have the entire world to yourself to go nuts on, so no there is no story or final objective........yet.

So you can essentially use the single player to get used to all the game systems before heading online? I was hoping that you would be able to invite friends to the 'single player' portion as could have some great sessions doing that. Heard in the online your character sleeps when you log off and players can attack/kill and raid your things and you can set your tamed creatures and built turrets to protect you. Sounds like a great idea on paper but wonder how well this will work in game.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
So you can essentially use the single player to get used to all the game systems before heading online? I was hoping that you would be able to invite friends to the 'single player' portion as could have some great sessions doing that. Heard in the online your character sleeps when you log off and players can attack/kill and raid your things and you can set your tamed creatures and built turrets to protect you. Sounds like a great idea on paper but wonder how well this will work in game.
You can, but at the moment the single player is badly optimized and even bugged, but if you can play a game running at 6 FPS non stop then you'll be fine.
Right now the game runs slightly better online as the server is backing up the game, but I still want single player to be better optimized.

Your character does go to sleep when you log off and you're vulnerable to everything in the world, not to mention the server and yes you can have your dinos set to protect you though I haven't tried it yet.

EDIT: After looking through the community I think the game does have a final objective both in Single Player and Multiplayer, while I could be wrong about this, I think the Dragon itself is the final objective and the ultimate challenge of the game, someone said that the objective of the game is to survive, create enough resources, build a good base, tame some back up and then search the world for "The Artifacts", then combine the Artifacts and the Dragon will be summoned, then comes the ultimate showdown against the Dragon.

Sound pretty good to me.

Last edited:

Dark Drakan

Admin
You can, but at the moment the single player is badly optimized and even bugged, but if you can play a game running at 6 FPS non stop then you'll be fine.
Right now the game runs slightly better online as the server is backing up the game, but I still want single player to be better optimized.

Your character does go to sleep when you log off and you're vulnerable to everything in the world, not to mention the server and yes you can have your dinos set to protect you though I haven't tried it yet.

EDIT: After looking through the community I think the game does have a final objective both in Single Player and Multiplayer, while I could be wrong about this, I think the Dragon itself is the final objective and the ultimate challenge of the game, someone said that the objective of the game is to survive, create enough resources, build a good base, tame some back up and then search the world for "The Artifacts", then combine the Artifacts and the Dragon will be summoned, then comes the ultimate showdown against the Dragon.

Sound pretty good to me.

Waiting on the new i5 CPU which is coming out next week and then shall decide when to take plunge and purchase that & my monitor. With so many updates coming out in quick succession hopefully they are optimising things as they go & you will see performance increases over time.

Sucks if you don't have any protection and have to log off quickly in an unsafe place. Would awake to find you have been dragged to someone else's camp and been held hostage (heard it's possible). :laugh:

I saw the Dragon in the trailer and wondered how it fit into the game, also saw you can get space age items too so wonder how that's going to come into play when more people hit that level. Would make it hard for newcomers to fight back with spears and rocks surely.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Still going strong in my current session although the server runs like crap.
My base is still being built, Gat was killed by a gang of Dilos and I got myself a Trike, yes I suck at naming them.
shootergame_2015_06_08_01_45_26_79_by_wesker500-d8wco8m.jpg

I continue to be amazed at what there is to do in this game :)

EDIT:
Base is finished and Max is saddled up:
shootergame_2015_06_08_04_21_13_32_by_wesker500-d8wdbos.jpg

EDIT 2:
Tamed another new pet!
shootergame_2015_06_08_09_28_24_67_by_wesker500-d8wen08.jpg

Last edited:

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Now that single player is optimized enough to be playable I've mostly stuck to it.

Have 2 bases currently WIP, but I've tamed 1 Bronto, 1 Para, 2 Trikes and 1 Carno, but then the Spinosaur showed up and killed my Bronto so in turn I knocked that beast out and now he's mine!!
2015_06_13_00001_by_wesker500-d8x3s12.jpg

Good replacement for a Bronto wouldn't you say?
Also for some reason(possibly a bug) I can ride him without a saddle, he was just implemented so he prob does have some bugs.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I just saw this on Arks Twitter feed:
CHsFxwNVEAADAz2.jpg:large

Suddenly my bases aren't that cool.

Dark Drakan

Admin
I just saw this on Arks Twitter feed:
CHsFxwNVEAADAz2.jpg:large

Suddenly my bases aren't that cool.

There is always some amazing structures built in some of the games, mine always look like they are built out of matchsticks in comparison to some of them.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Got myself a Pteranodon, as cool as it is to fly, these guys are pain when on the ground since they tend to wonder off and even fly off risking loosing them.
2015_06_18_00014_by_wesker500-d8xs0ng.jpg

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
Had one hell of a session today.
Finally started to head a little inland and went into a cave to find more valuable supplies.
2015_06_19_00012_by_wesker500-d8xwoys.jpg

2015_06_19_00014_by_wesker500-d8xwoyk.jpg

and then got myself a new pet!
2015_06_19_00001_by_wesker500-d8xwp96.jpg

Btw you notice my base is finished :)

Selfie!!
2015_06_19_00022_by_wesker500-d8xwp9o.jpg

Group shot!
2015_06_19_00008_by_wesker500-d8xwoz2.jpg

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
So I finally hit the 200 hour mark on this game and I've gone back online on an official server and have joined a tribe, our tribe was attacked by raiders and we lost our dinos, but luckily those raiders have been killed now, so now we're just making our bases more secure and putting our dinos inside our bases.
I plan on taming a T Rex today.
2015_07_02_00001_by_wesker500-d8zp512.jpg

2015_07_03_00001_by_wesker500-d8zp4zz.jpg

2015_07_03_00002_by_wesker500-d8zp4z8.jpg

2015_07_03_00003_by_wesker500-d8zp4yj.jpg

2015_07_03_00004_by_wesker500-d8zp51l.jpg

Dark Drakan

Admin
Glad to see you are still having fun with this & that's some impressive play time for an early alpha.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
I have over 400 hours thrown into this game now and still going strong, I'm not playing with that tribe anymore though as I decided to go into PVE and go for the endgame, even then the game is still awesome and with the Alpha T Rex they're gonna add in, this game is just going to get better.

Top Bottom