• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Aren't you glad we didn't get this?

XDmC12345X

#BringBackTheStupidFiles
Say what you will about the new Dante and DmC but I'm glad they changed his appearance since they first came out with that trailer years ago showing this:

Devil-May-Cry-Reboot.jpg

Just like how they changed Dante's appearance from the teaser trailer they first came out with for dmc4 when he was smacking around the camera
Actually just noticed when rewatching the teaser the classic dante skin in DmC looks alot like the teaser dante, you probably dont care but yeah

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I never had a problem with the reveal trailer. It was Devil May Cry getting ambitious and finally trying something new. Just watching when you think about it it's a pretty interesting trailer. Sure Dante may have looked like a meth head but he looked severely beaten and I was wondering why he was in some mental institution getting a very rough psyche evaluation.
I have to admit it does look pretty cool and I was interested in where this was going. The appearance change was for the better yes but when you look at what was established here it looks pretty cool.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
To add to that last statement, I seriously believe if Dante would have just had his white hair then that trailer would have not received such the ridiculous over the top backlash it did get. I can promise you they would have enjoyed it. It wasn't until they heard the name Dante the fanatical fanboys flipped their sh!t.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
Man, I hated 2010's version. He just looked so bad. And not Michael Jackson bad, just awful. Kind of sickly and demented, which I think was intentional for the world they were setting up, but I just really wasn't into an emaciated psychopath for a hero. I do think that seeing him tortured in a facility would have been very cool to keep.

Anyway, they really should have kept the stylish simplicity of the outfit from the DMC4 teaser. You can see elements of the final design, but it lacked all the goofy accessories. Also unzipped shirt was nice because I'm extremely shallow. His face was weird, though - much better in the still picture. I dunno, DMC4 seems like it was a much cooler game in development from pretty much every angle.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I missed the necklace, the length of the coat, but that's it. I also missed the sort of enslaved world meets modern world theme they were going for in that one.

MultiBro

Darkest Dungeon
Infamous has crossed over with the DC Universe not too long ago. If you ask me I'd rather see Cole pop up as a DC comic character who meets Batman and sh!t. That sounds pretty awesome.
Well, his powers does fit in with the DC universe setting. It would be cool of Cole would be included in the DC universe.

Ether0

Nephilim Lover
Here is a pic of the Dante I was referring to in my above post.

Would have MUCH rather had this Dante over the final DMC4 Dante they gave us.
lol what happened to this Dante??? Why did they decide that the cowboy clown would be a better version I wonder?

Shin Muramasa

Metallic Stranger
Well, his powers does fit in with the DC universe setting. It would be cool of Cole would be included in the DC universe.
This is off-topic if you are that . . . nevermind.
Static Shock aka Virgil Hawkens and the "Electric Man" aka Cole MacGrath. That would be amazing, plus another slight twist with voice actors, which, coincidentally involves the same person. Phil LaMarr voiced Static in the cartoon show, not sure about old Static in Justice League. He also voiced the Beast aka John White in inFamous. This also happens with Metal Gear; Vamp and Kevin Washington, enemy and ally of Raiden.

On-topic.
Thinking about it, Devil May Cry could have returned to its horror-action roots with DmC: Devil May Cry. 2010 showed basically every concept that would be in the game, you can see Eryx's Stomp sans Eryx though, Angel Boost, Ophion and Demon Pull, Arbiter's Tremor, and something similar to Payoff and Kicker. And Ebony and Ivory could have been something more. The environment felt similar to the final product we got, but still, looking back, DmC could have had more horror-thriller aspects like Devil May Cry did, considering that was the prototype of Resident Evil 4. 2010 DmC Dante could have been this insane, depraved pyschopath instead of final DmC Dante who is more anti-social jackass with a good heart or happy-emotionless, loudmouth-mute, comical-dry DMC Dante (1-4 had personality shifts not as in a progressive one, but like actual here and there shifts).

So yeah, I do miss 2010 DmC: Devil May Cry and I miss the song used in the 2010 TGS teaser. But I don't know if it could have worked as a reboot/alternate universe/re-telling/whatever like 2013 DmC: Devil May Cry - the final one we got - as a Devil May Cry game. If anything, that could have been more of a different game.

And despite not playing horror games for personal reasons, I want a horror and hack n' slash game, not horror-action (Resident Evil 5 and 6 or Dead Space 3) and hack n' slash game, but thriller (Devil May Cry 1, Dead Space 2, Haunting Ground, some of the Silent Hill Games) or pure horror (Amnesia, Silent Hill, Dead Space 1 and others I don't know of) hack n' slash.

EvilX-81

I never had a problem with the reveal trailer. It was Devil May Cry getting ambitious and finally trying something new. Just watching when you think about it it's a pretty interesting trailer. Sure Dante may have looked like a meth head but he looked severely beaten and I was wondering why he was in some mental institution getting a very rough psyche evaluation.
I have to admit it does look pretty cool and I was interested in where this was going. The appearance change was for the better yes but when you look at what was established here it looks pretty cool.

Makes me think Devil May Cry meets Manhunt 2. And then I start crying tears of awesome.

Does make me wonder everything that got left on the cutting room floor from their original concept, and sometimes if it'd been a better idea to have gone completely original. I'd be down for a horror action game with mentally disturbed and demonically tortured protagonist.

Top Bottom