• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Aren't you glad we didn't get this?

Judgement

The skeptical, open-minded, conservative, pacifist
Say what you will about the new Dante and DmC but I'm glad they changed his appearance since they first came out with that trailer years ago showing this:

Devil-May-Cry-Reboot.jpg

Just like how they changed Dante's appearance from the teaser trailer they first came out with for dmc4 when he was smacking around the camera

Mister Z

Changes avatars like they were t-shirts
Anyone link to that DMC4 teaser? I don't think I've ever seen it before.

Also, yeah, I agree that the new Dante redisgn was a lot better than what we first saw on 2010. Though not the best character, DmC Dante would have probably been DMC2 Dante v.2 had it not been for the change, only change stoicism with angst and anger.

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star

Also, yeah, I agree that the new Dante redisgn was a lot better than what we first saw on 2010. Though not the best character, DmC Dante would have probably been DMC2 Dante v.2 had it not been for the change, only change stoicism with angst and anger.
It would of been good if he didn't say his name was Dante, I'd think people would love the character look if it wasn't for that IMO. like if his name was Crimson or something.
Also, I would love a link to that.
EDIT: ew ewww, that was disturbing to me.

Blacknerd

Also, yeah, I agree that the new Dante resigned was a lot better than what we first saw on 2010. Though not the best character, DmC Dante would have probably been DMC2 Dante v.2 had it not been for the change, only change stoicism with angst and anger.

Here you go

Winterfrost

Shadow-of-Sundered-Star
He used to look so pretty! D:
I'm really glad they changed it once DMC4 was released...jeez.
EDIT: only thing I liked about 2010 Dante is the hairstyle and white patch..just not the face or eyes so much.

Mister Z

Hmm, that actually wasn't so bad. He used to look like a nicely updated version of DMC3 Dante. Kinda like a middle point between his final DMC4 persona, where he appears as older an a veteran at the demon hunting. They could have used this Dante to tell a more elaborate post DMC3 story where they could have filled a lot of gaps, finish with Dante's inner conflicts and then jump to Nero's story in a DMC5.

Also, I think the whole attacking the camera thing was insanely stylish.

Judgement

Hmm, that actually wasn't so bad. He used to look like a nicely updated version of DMC3 Dante. Kinda like a middle point between his final DMC4 persona, where he appears as older an a veteran at the demon hunting. They could have used this Dante to tell a more elaborate post DMC3 story where they could have filled a lot of gaps, finish with Dante's inner conflicts and then jump to Nero's story in a DMC5.

Also, I think the whole attacking the camera thing was insanely stylish.

I didn't have too much of a problem with that look either but yeah, the story was supposed to be set after DMC1 so he needed to look a little older though I think it would have been almost perfect for a story in between DMC3 and DMC1 or for DmC2 with just a little bit of touch up

Judgement

Here is a pic of the Dante I was referring to in my above post.

Would have MUCH rather had this Dante over the final DMC4 Dante they gave us.

Yes I remember that pic, it was the one that flashed really fast at the end of the trailer.I kinda liked the rugged older look for Dante in DMC4 but I wouldn't have minded that one either

Mister Z

Here is a pic of the Dante I was referring to in my above post.

Would have MUCH rather had this Dante over the final DMC4 Dante they gave us.

Amazing. It's like they combined his designs from DMC1, 2 and 3 very nicely into one. That'd have been excellent for a 4th game.

Nelo_Vergil

seriously what the hell is capcom though process? they went from badass DMC3 looking dante in snow, might look a little too mcuh like DMC3 dante though unless they had a differernt story in mind, to a badass DMC2 v.2 dante, the ps3 teaser, and somehow stuck with the ugly cowboy dante? what is capcoms thought process?

Honestly I think I might have preferred Edward Cullen Donte to the gigantic tool we ended up with.

At least Cullen Donte seemed like the focused, chill type. Lounging around smoking on gargoyles instead of opening the game with a stripper orgy to showcase what a totally awesome dude he is.

Mister Z

seriously what the hell is capcom though process? they went from badass DMC3 looking dante in snow, might look a little too mcuh like DMC3 dante though unless they had a differernt story in mind, to a badass DMC2 v.2 dante, the ps3 teaser, and somehow stuck with the ugly cowboy dante? what is capcoms thought process?

It probably was around the time when Capcom's mindset shifted polarity and turned from "think things carefuly" mode into "do everything on a whim" mode.

BLACKSWIPE

"Waiting for one's arrival."
To be honest, I loved DMC4 Dante's appearance. However his pants bugged the **** out of me...

Loopy

Devil hunter in training
Oh yeah, that trailer really started me on the warpath with new Dante:p Not the best choice of trailer for me if you're going to be rebooting a classic character. I did not like it, except the backing track and maybe the torture flashback bits.

Looking at what we actually got for DmC, I wish they had lef that part in with a younger Dante bing questioned, all tied up like that. Looking at the concept art for the game it seems The Order was supposed to be something like that; brain experiemnts, and science labs and a load of blood. It would have made it that much more cooler if The Order was also running a shady brainwashing gig on the side to convert people to help them, or that they had done something to Dante.

Ceph

While watching the DmC trailer all I disliked was how looked like something outta Twilight.

While watching the DMC4 trailer all I could think at first was "who's this cosplayer?" he honestly looked completely different, much more effeminate. He woulda looked too young if they kept this design, tho.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
At first I didn't like it, but I came to prefer the look of the emo/addict Dante over the more attractive 'sanitized' version.

Top Bottom