• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Are women objectified in video games?

moseslmpg

Seriously, Squenix, not cool.

This is even more superfluous and unnecessary than the GOW thing. Aya was already sexy anyway, this is just like a slap in the face. If I had a PSP, this would seal my decision not to buy the game. It looked lame enough already with the different gameplay, but this is just dumb.

Meg

^ That is just stupid. I'm was mildly interested in this game, but that reaally puts me off.

The crazy demon

Metal Gear Vindicare.
moseslmpg;273076 said:
Seriously, Squenix, not cool.

This is even more superfluous and unnecessary than the GOW thing. Aya was already sexy anyway, this is just like a slap in the face. If I had a PSP, this would seal my decision not to buy the game. It looked lame enough already with the different gameplay, but this is just dumb.

It is belivesble that her clothes would get ripped after being attacked, but this is just plain stupid really.

moseslmpg

She'd be dead before he clothes were that torn and stuff. Games aren't supposed to be realistic anyway, because 90% of the stuff in them wouldn't happen then. There's really no way they can justify this. It is just shameful.

Meg

I can understand her clothes getting kinda ripped. They did it in Batman AA, but there is no excuse for this.

moseslmpg

I think the battle damage makes sense in some series that are going for more realism, but not for PE. It wasn't in any of the past games and it doesn't need to be in any of the future games. The only reason they put it in was for titillation and attracting new male gamers who know nothing of the series.

And btw, apparently, you can get that effect by detonating 5 grenades on yourself. :rolleyes:

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
God, that's almost as ridiculous as giving the Ultimate Being's Adult (not Perfect) form a giant ballsack right under his tail... Although that really pales in comparison to how weird the rest of the game is...

But I digress. Seriously, bikini level? That's just... Ugh... Aya was badass, now she's objectified like most of the others.

Just goes to show you how much people care about the mature audience...

Top Bottom