• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

are we getting DmC2 or DMC5?

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD
Even Itsuno said they will go back to the old DMC if its necessary....MUTHERF*CKING ITSUNO!!!!
6777200736_45d7180fb4.jpg

No he didn't. He said that he got bored with making DMC, and decided to move to Dragon's Dogma instead.

IncarnatedDemon

I'd just be mad, if despite all the praise and good reviews it got, they gave up on DmC because they were hounded into doing so. For me, it's either DmC2, or both games get a sequel together. I won't settle for a DMC5 alone.
All the praise DmC got was mostly thanks to DMC. DMC a serie pushed forward by Capcom employee.

And there is a saying "Practice makes perfect". DMC 1-4 was more practice than DmC was.
Even then the project was superviced by Capcom, and they tutored NT + assisted them with 10 employees.

And the game had decent amount of development time AND budget. I dont think out of all the DMC games that any of them had as high budget as DmC did, and DmC may been one of (if not the only) the few games of "DMC" that had around 3 years of development time.

Then you can look at reviews, yeah...the general perception of DmC among gamers is "It's not a mindblowing game but it isnt a bad game".
And its not like DMC games havent gotten good praise, they have, so why should DmC 2 not happening but DMC 5 happening make u go a bit mad when both serie are good, DMC more than DmC in terms of gameplay.

And here is a good question: Was DmC the only "DMC" game that received the AAA treatment?

GF9000000Returns

I'm kinda sick of the campyness and over-rated anime overtones of DMC, and want a little more realism mixed with crazy action scenes. If DMC can improve on this then I'm all for a DMC. But from DMC4, I doubt that will ever be the case. DmC seems like its going up my alley, but just doesn't reach very far. If NT could learn from their mistakes and fix up on the gameplay, story, and characters, then DmC could have the potential in being the better Devil May Cry series. No, I'm not crazy, NT's DmC has the potential to be better then DMC.
If only people listened to you more.

To the people who bashed ME for saying that, go check the DMC4 story and characters and then you'll see why I'm glad Capcom either putted DMC to sleep or on hiatus.

Zey

I came here to laugh at you.
I wouldn't mind both either, but there's another question, would fans that liked DmC feel betrayed if they dropped it to go back to the originals, especially after some of the circumstances of how it was demanded? Either way you'll have people ****ed off whatever they do, so they might stay quiet for a while until they figure out a course of action. All I know is I'll be ticked off if they dump the reboot, because that would be putting out a really bad message that you can get whatever you want by being nasty. Hell I'd lose faith in the whole damn franchise and humanity.

I'd just be mad, if despite all the praise and good reviews it got, they gave up on DmC because they were hounded into doing so. For me, it's either DmC2, or both games get a sequel together. I won't settle for a DMC5 alone.

What a lot of people seems to forget is that videogame industry is a business. There are some companies that care about their users but they still want profit, developers don't make games to lose money. Coming from Capcom, I don't think they care if you (or me) are mad about the future of the series, if DMC gives more money, then I say DMC5 is the next one.

Reviews and fans opinions doesn't really matter if you can sell 5 million copies to the main target, they may not be fans, but they bring money.
I'm kinda sick of the campyness and over-rated anime overtones of DMC.
I can't believe people still use this argument here.
If NT could learn from their mistakes and fix up on the gameplay, story, and characters, then DmC could have the potential in being the better Devil May Cry series. No, I'm not crazy, NT's DmC has the potential to be better then DMC.

"The game would be good if they fix everything!".

rocketvergil

Vergil's apprentice, the successor to yamato
Financially, if they did DMC now, capcom is gonna soar in terms of sales. All the fanboys are gonna buy it and so will the ones who like DmC. Everyone would want it. So I think it's gonna be DMC5. On top of that, capcom did announce that it is going back to it's roots and cutting down collaborations. Making the game themselves would also be much more cheaper and profitable for the company instead of getting involved with other companies. I was really excited for DmC and I am playing it now, liking it so far, but I kinda miss the old Dante. I would love to have him back. ANd why do people say DMC was anime ish? It was not. It's good that people like DmC but I hate it when they start saying that DMC was bad and DmC is the solution.

aoshi

I wouldn't mind both either, but there's another question, would fans that liked DmC feel betrayed if they dropped it to go back to the originals, especially after some of the circumstances of how it was demanded?

All I know is I'll be ticked off if they dump the reboot, because that would be putting out a really bad message that you can get whatever you want by being nasty. Hell I'd lose faith in the whole damn franchise and humanity.

they gave up on DmC because they were hounded into doing so.

That is as silly as that article that blamed classic fans for sub-par sales of DmC. Stop blaming original fans for any conclusion that capcom arrives on sequel. If capcom decides to go back to originals, it's cuz DmC did no meet their expected reception. Don't forget the hate for DmC started right after that 2010 trailer and yet, capcom went ahead with the product and delivered it. They did not shelve it cuz of fan hatred.

Also, why are you betrayed if capcom goes back to the originals? DmC is derived from classic DMC games. If classic DMC games had not existed, we would not have had a DmC. So let's not play victims if DmC does not get a sequel.However, that is very unlikely. Cuz that would negate the whole point of the reboot. It would require an expert analyst to observe the classic games and reboot and come up with a sequel that is acceptable to both classic fans as well as fans of reboot.

Either way you'll have people ****ed off whatever they do, so they might stay quiet for a while until they figure out a course of action.

That's a hyperbole. It's very simple. If i wanted to watch a jackie chan movie, I expect all the elements that were present in previous jackie chan movies. That's the point of choosing a franchise. If the movie turns out like the Hangover, It's very natural to get a negative reception. That does not mean next jackie chan movie will get the same negative reaction.

For me, it's either DmC2, or both games get a sequel together. I won't settle for a DMC5 alone.

That's a very diplomatic way to say I only want a DmC sequel.

Bazilican

All the praise DmC got was mostly thanks to DMC. DMC a serie pushed forward by Capcom employee.

And there is a saying "Practice makes perfect". DMC 1-4 was more practice than DmC was.
Even then the project was superviced by Capcom, and they tutored NT + assisted them with 10 employees.

How can you say that if DmC's only had one game to practice from. It's like DMC1. It's not as combo heavy as DMC3 would be, but it was still good. And yes I know since DmC came after DMC3 and 4 it should be better, but I think this game is NT's DMC1; not combo heavy and not as deep, but a learning experience to make its sequel better.

If only people listened to you more.

To the people who bashed ME for saying that, go check the DMC4 story and characters and then you'll see why I'm glad Capcom either putted DMC to sleep or on hiatus.

I just think the DMC series should have one last DMC, ala, DMC5 and put it to bed. DMC has been milked for all its got and its gameplay can't seem to evolve anymore, or enough for it to feel any different from DMC3, which they constantly seem to milk off of. DmC milked off of DMC4, yes that was a bit of a disappointment that it's gameplay compared to DMC4 was complete ass, but at least with DmC, it wasn't the same old stuff.

I say, give DmC one last chance to redeem itself and if it works, then continue. If not, then let it bite the ust, and NT move on to bigger and better things.

I can't believe people still use this argument here.

Hey man, I see what's there. campy and anime-overtone tropes. But that's mostly in DMC3 and very much in DMC4.

"The game would be good if they fix everything!".

No that's what a fanboy's perspective is. I'm talking a wider perspective. All DmC really needs is a few tune ups in gameplay. if the original series can go on with a crap story but amazing gameplay, DmC won't be any different.

IncarnatedDemon

How can you say that if DmC's only had one game to practice from. It's like DMC1. It's not as combo heavy as DMC3 would be, but it was still good. And yes I know since DmC came after DMC3 and 4 it should be better, but I think this game is NT's DMC1; not combo heavy and not as deep, but a learning experience to make its sequel better.
DmC is NOTHING like DMC 1 in the context i am talking about it.

DMC 1 had nothing as basis for it's gameplay from a hack and slash perspective. DmC on the other hand had:
One....Two....Three....Four.....FOUR GAMES! As basis for it's gameplay.

Do i have to go through all aspect of DmC's gameplay to show you it consists mostly of a already established and polished gameplay : the DMC gameplay.

Bazilican

DmC is NOTHING like DMC 1 in the context i am talking about it.

DMC 1 had nothing as basis for it's gameplay from a hack and slash perspective. DmC on the other hand had:
One....Two....Three....Four.....FOUR GAMES! As basis for it's gameplay.

So you expected NT to make a carbon copy of DMC? what would be the point of a reboot if its the same thing down to a T? and DMC1 did have the basis for a Hack n' Slash, thus why it's called the "Hack n' Slash creator". To me, DmC is called the "Pay-more-attention-to-your-story-and-don't-make-it-campy creator"

Do i have to go through all aspect of DmC's gameplay to show you it consists mostly of a already established and polished gameplay : the DMC gameplay.

I know that already, but again, at least it had a difference of its own and no one's saying "this game is exactly like DMC4".

IncarnatedDemon

Your misunderstanding my point. I suggest you understand me better.

I am saying DmC's gameplay - the hack and slash combo system with Jump cancelling exists because it existed in DMC games i.e DMC's gameplay was basis for DmC's gameplay.

The gameplay you see in DMC 1 had to be developed. It had never existed before. The developers had to be creative and make the gameplay - shape, invent, come up with it!

But DmC developers needed only to look at DMC 1-4 to know what they were trying to make for the gameplay of DmC.
And as result of that they had less trial and error because DMC serie polished the gameplay more or less.

Bazilican

Your misunderstanding my point. I suggest you understand me better.

I am saying DmC's gameplay - the hack and slash combo system with Jump cancelling exists because it existed in DMC games i.e DMC's gameplay was basis for DmC's gameplay.

Didn't Bayonetta have jump canceling too?

The gameplay you see in DMC 1 had to be developed. It had never existed before. The developers had to be creative and make the gameplay - shape, invent, come up with it!

Um no. The juggling mechanic came from Onimusha, the gun mechanic of shooting came from resident Evil, and Dante's ifrit gameplay is street fighter right down to the shoryukens and flip kicks.

But DmC developers needed only to look at DMC 1-4 to know what they were trying to make for the gameplay of DmC.
And as result of that they had less trial and error because DMC serie polished the gameplay more or less.

Like I said, I know DmC came from DMC's gameplay, but it didn't flat out copy DMC frame by frame.

Bazilican

You lost me .

For example, though DMC did perfect jump canceling and it is used as a pro mechanic in DMC, with DmC you don't even have to use it most of the time. It's not as big of a mechanic because you can freely stay in the air. Or rainstorm. in DMC its fast and quick, but with DmC its slower and more show off-like. No twosome time in DmC even though the other DMC's had it. No taunts in DmC even though DMC had it.

DmC may have taken points from DMC, but it didn't blatantly copy everything about DMC.

LysseC

Philosopher and fangirl. Worst. Combination. Ever.
I have to agree with Alittleacorn on one point: given how the situation is now, with the fanbase still divided between DmC and DMC fans, whatever Capcom will do is going to make angry someone, and that's because the "war" between these groups has not subsided yet. I think Capcom should wait and see what happens in a few months time at least, hoping that these contrasts will finally subside. Then it will be the right time to make a decision, seeing what happens to the fanbase and only then making judgements about what route is the best (commercially speaking, obviuosly).

Zey

I just think the DMC series should have one last DMC, ala, DMC5 and put it to bed. DMC has been milked for all its got and its gameplay can't seem to evolve anymore, or enough for it to feel any different from DMC3, which they constantly seem to milk off of. DmC milked off of DMC4, yes that was a bit of a disappointment that it's gameplay compared to DMC4 was complete ass, but at least with DmC, it wasn't the same old stuff.

I say, give DmC one last chance to redeem itself and if it works, then continue. If not, then let it bite the ust, and NT move on to bigger and better things.

No that's what a fanboy's perspective is. I'm talking a wider perspective. All DmC really needs is a few tune ups in gameplay. if the original series can go on with a crap story but amazing gameplay, DmC won't be any different.

You know what? The only thing I like about NT previous games is the plot and those were writed by outsiders. Heavenly Sword and Enslaved were pretty mediocre in everything else. DmC at least bring some decent gameplay with Capcom help, but the story (writed by Antoniades this time), the characters and the music (for me) aren't worth to give NT another chance. Itsuno did a good work with Dragon's Dogma so he's more confident to me at this moment.

Of course, you can say "well, DMC did this and this bad too" and that may be right, but then why do we want DmC if the game couldn't even fix the mistakes of the original? People like both for different reasons but DMC and DmC aren't alternative worlds, they can't coexist, they cost money to make and develop both games that share a lot of things at once just to "please the fans" isn't easy. It should be noted too that DmC is categorized as a reboot which purpose was bring more sales than the original series, don't need to say that this didn't happened and it's the reason for the uncertain future of DMC and DmC.

IncarnatedDemon

Does new Dante have a flashy red coat, and talks about parties like no tomorrow?
Does new Vergil dress in long blue coats?

Ask a regular fan of DMC, and they'll tell you DmC isn't completely the same as DMC.
We were talking about gameplay not characters or the story...
Besides i never said DmC was complete copy of DMC. I said the gameplay of DmC is based on DMC's gameplay.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
You know what? The only thing I like about NT previous games is the plot and those were writed by outsiders. Heavenly Sword and Enslaved were pretty mediocre in everything else. DmC at least bring some decent gameplay with Capcom help, but the story (writed by Antoniades this time), the characters and the music (for me) aren't worth to give NT another chance.

I think that DMC2 was bad ebough for it to not even be considered to have a sequel. but we got DMC3. and you can say "DMC3 is a prequel not a sequel" but it was made by the same team i believe. and if DMC2 can get a sequel, then DmC can definitely get a sequel. just my 2 cents

Zey

I think that DMC2 was bad ebough for it to not even be considered to have a sequel. but we got DMC3. and you can say "DMC3 is a prequel not a sequel" but it was made by the same team i believe. and if DMC2 can get a sequel, then DmC can definitely get a sequel. just my 2 cents

DMC2 was the first time Itsuno f*cked up, his other works weren't like that. Other than that, DMC2 doesn't feel like a real sequel, it doesn't have the charm of the original and everything is worst. Don't forget that we don't even know how much years passed since the original and the story has almost nothing to do with it.

And you forgot that the first DMC was actually good and worth to have another sequel, you can clearly say that DMC3 is the true sucessor of DMC. If DmC2 gets made then it would have the same mistakes of the original since the beggining, if you change that then it won't be DmC anymore.

Top Bottom