• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Anyone Remember This Dante?

Would you have preferred this Dante?

• Total voters

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
devil-may-cry-4-20060117003428575-1372945.jpg

Every time I look at this picture, I keep thinking "Why didn't they use this?" Was Reuben Langdon just unable to act serious enough to make this look right, or what? He looks like a more badass, mature version of DMC3 Dante (with a bit of DMC2 Dante for flavor) and the nice thing is, his clothes don't look ridiculous in this iteration either. I would've much preferred this Dante over "18 year old in a 30 year old body" Dante.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Why cause he is not smiling in that picture?

Don't judge a book by its cover.

I learned that from DmC.

DmC-Devil-May-Cry-review.jpg

You'd think he'd be a darker and more serious character.

But moving on, early DMC4 artwork suggests that this Dante you're currently showing was never planned at all and due to how early it was shown (TGS 2005) and how similar he looked to DMC3 Dante, this obviously was just a quick touch up on DMC3 Dante's model so they can show something at TGS 2005 indicating they're making a DMC4.

Plus I don't like his face structure he looks like a more emaciated version of DMC3 Dante. I'll take DMC4's chizzled looks, isometrically fully jawline, and western cowboy aesthetics over a Victorian model.

Autumn

Welcome to my world....
I love this Dante, especially the hair :3 I think the actual DMC 4 Dante is awesome too. Almost beard and cowboy boots are sweet!
I think I was a bit disappointed he didn't turn out like that but it was the same when they changed DmC Dante for me. I just get used to something and get a bit annoyed when it changes. Still like both end results though.

This is going on my background now, thanks Darigion :)

DemonSlayer6

that zzzombiekid
I'm actually surprised at that DMC4 Dante, whoa, how could I have forgotten! XD
It looked amazing when rumors of DMC4 went about, although it never occurred to me when the actual DMC4 Dante was released why they never used this one... I would have liked to know the possibilities of his character. :)

Every time I look at this picture, I keep thinking "Why didn't they use this?" Was Reuben Langdon just unable to act serious enough to make this look right, or what? He looks like a more badass, mature version of DMC3 Dante (with a bit of DMC2 Dante for flavor) and the nice thing is, his clothes don't look ridiculous in this iteration either.

That's a good point. ^^ The DMC2 bit of Dante in this image would have worked perfectly in DMC4.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Wow, thanks for the responses, guys. This is the first time in a long while anyone's paid attention to a thread of mine. XD

I love this Dante, especially the hair :3 I think the actual DMC 4 Dante is awesome too. Almost beard and cowboy boots are sweet!
I think I was a bit disappointed he didn't turn out like that but it was the same when they changed DmC Dante for me. I just get used to something and get a bit annoyed when it changes. Still like both end results though.

This is going on my background now, thanks Darigion :)

No problem! And yay, now we're wallpaper buddies! :3

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
Why cause he is not smiling in that picture?

Don't judge a book by its cover.

I learned that from DmC.

DmC-Devil-May-Cry-review.jpg

You'd think he'd be a darker and more serious character.

But moving on, early DMC4 artwork suggests that this Dante you're currently showing was never planned at all and due to how early it was shown (TGS 2005) and how similar he looked to DMC3 Dante, this obviously was just a quick touch up on DMC3 Dante's model so they can show something at TGS 2005 indicating they're making a DMC4.

Plus I don't like his face structure he looks like a more emaciated version of DMC3 Dante. I'll take DMC4's chizzled looks, isometrically fully jawline, and western cowboy aesthetics over a Victorian model.

he's actually what i expected he would be.
looking like a more grounded version (attire wise) of this dante
dante-devil-may-cry-320x210.jpg

while acting like a mix of anime dante and DMC3 dante

Britt690

Gabriel Reyes needs to eat me.
He really got those high cheekbones going on, that's for sure! But for some reason, I feel like this model would work for him if the game was “darker” in a sense. Maybe this model could be used between DMC 3 and 1 to tell something of the story more(if that were to ever happen).

IncarnatedDemon

I think this model is bad. Look at his chin and nose. Plus it seems very generic. For next time we see Dante, i hope they use a year on character design (polishing it) as they did with NTDante.

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I think this model is bad. Look at his chin and nose. Plus it seems very generic. For next time we see Dante, i hope they use a year on character design (polishing it) as they did with NTDante.

i think since DMC3 was a prequel, that DMC4 was going to be a prequel as well and this was the transition period between DMC3 and the alternate DMC1. so i think the model tried to look like a more mature DMC3 dante. (the longer face and the hair still the same length.

His face makes him look like a elf :p

I find his sharp features to be quite attractive from a girl's point of view :lol: . If you saw Vergil in DMC3 ,he also had sharp features,while Dante had a more 'child-like' face ,by this I mean he looked more cute,while Vergil,more aristocratic. I think these run in the family.
Not to add the coat of SMT Dante looks amazing.
However,this was just an early version,they would have work on his design much more until the game was released.
This mature, badass version of Dante is actually my favorite version. Way better than the 'fat alcoholic' look.
I think they should have leaved this version of him.
He has that serious look and it's like a combination of DMC3 Dante and DMC1 Dante. (one of my favs)
DMC4 Dante gave me the impression of an american actor.He looked like Ian Somehalder.
He wasn't fat...but they made him look way too different from his previous form in DMC1.
It's true that people after the age of 30 aren't so fit anymore,but dammit,Dante is a video games protagonist and a demon slayer,he needs to stay fit! And yes,he gave me the impression of an alcoholic rather than a 'hero' of video games.
Not to add..his attitude was quite irritating..Did they really think by giving him such an immature and way too frustrating to watch attitude they would appeal to the audience? Just like they tried to give NT Dante a 'cool' annoying attitude the first time,until he became more bearable.
It may be appealing to those who are starters,but for those who already know the true Dante,it's really sad what they did.

Top Bottom